Any word on when more zones will be available to test?

knightguy

The only thing I worry about is the Stronghold system. It could easily be too easy too manage or too difficult. Too many events, too little events. Bugs that make your efforts on building up the stronghold go to waste.

Strongholds are what I am most looking forward to. Would be a shame if it ended up unpolished. It's one of the things where lack of balance cohld suck all the fun out of it.

• Like 1

If you want to stay positive, never go to the Codex forums. Never ever. Especially if you like Bioware games :D

Also looks like they really don't like Josh over there. Ah well, as I mentioned in the other thread, I'm in mainly for the story. I know there is lots of combat in the game, but I hope the storyline and sidequests are engaging enough. I'll figure out my way through the fights somehow (I take it easy/normal should be easy enough, no? Will there be any console btw?).

• Like 2

There is a console.

I haven't played BB392 on Easy. Normal in BB392 is... kind of hard actually, compared to most modern games. I'd say it's about the same as IWD on Normal with a decent party. Some classes are kind of out of whack though so it's a lot easier played some ways than others.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

The only thing I worry about is the Stronghold system. It could easily be too easy too manage or too difficult. Too many events, too little events. Bugs that make your efforts on building up the stronghold go to waste.

Strongholds are what I am most looking forward to. Would be a shame if it ended up unpolished. It's one of the things where lack of balance cohld suck all the fun out of it.

The only thing I recall hearing about the stronghold is that you will not be able to do everything that can be done in a single playthrough.

Disclaimer: When I say I recall one should understand that often I don't recall at all when I wish to and at times my recalling may be more related to dreams, indigestion and/or 60's flashbacks than any official or unofficial comments I actually saw or heard related to this game... :-

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Who are these some people ?

It's not really aimed at specific individuals to my mind there is a fairly substantial range of people that might fall into the category I describe some of whom may be quite actively participating some that may only pop in on occasion to make a comment or two. I'm not interested in discussing whether or not my observation is correct or incorrect for anyone other than myself - just tossing it out there as an opinion of mine because I think it fit in with what Nakia might have been talking about re beta vs demo.  

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

One reason for my observation was because I recently visited a forum set up as a fan site for IE games to check what they were saying about Pillars of Eternity.  One thread was labeled "Beta Demo".  :sigh:  This on a forum that should know better in my opinion.  

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I also think that folk may be mistaking the BB for a demo rather than as a test.

Holy moley... a 25 euro demo... what is this? EA?

As I, too, care more for the plot than some combat mechanics I obviously not paid for that...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I also think that folk may be mistaking the BB for a demo rather than as a test.

Holy moley... a 25 euro demo... what is this? EA?

As I, too, care more for the plot than some combat mechanics I obviously not paid for that...

well, it was pretty obvious from the start that beta acces always was going to be a experience of limitied enjoyment, it should always be seen as kind of a little bonus and treat for those who gave a lot of money for these kind of projects

to have the most fun with the game one needs to wait untill a few months after release anyway :yes:

Yea I just wanted to be able to test a few more areas out while I'm sitting on my duff on break, bugs and such, to lighten the final release load! 

well Sen, found +5 bugs yesterday...... there are still some to be found i guess ! SO GET ON WITH IT :p

well Sen, found +5 bugs yesterday...... there are still some to be found i guess ! SO GET ON WITH IT tongue.png

When I actually get a chance to sit down and hunt for them, always end up finding a few. Really need to get around to looking into some of the gameplay issues though, like with the damage thing.

• Like 2

well Sen, found +5 bugs yesterday...... there are still some to be found i guess ! SO GET ON WITH IT tongue.png

When I actually get a chance to sit down and hunt for them, always end up finding a few. Really need to get around to looking into some of the gameplay issues though, like with the damage thing.

hehe and still you  "just" found 11 today also.. Dude your awsome ;)

No I have only found 1 today, I just replied to a few bugs to add videos and bumped some of my old ones that I think might be priority fixes that haven't been replied to yet. I have a feeling that they've been read already, but just wanted to make sure.

The devs have been replying mostly to bugs that they already know about/ones that they've fixed or non-bugs.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

Only Nintendo lunches their license games bug-free, because they spent months on bug-testing before release.

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

Only Nintendo lunches their license games bug-free, because they spent months on bug-testing before release.

There is no free lunch, or bug free game, even for Nintendo. ;)

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

With the release date round the corner, will there be any more builds?

I would imagine there would be. I'm suspecting that there should atleast be a backer beta build concurrent with the gold master version for the physical copies.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Which begs the question, what is their cutoff date for submitting their final release candidate for the physical versions when they have to go gold?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Personally I would expect it to release sometime soonish.  Next three months maybe. 

Did I call it or did I call it?

Which begs the question, what is their cutoff date for submitting their final release candidate for the physical versions when they have to go gold?

I would expect their final release candidate will have to be in late February at the latest unless they plan to release their physical goods/copy at a much later date than release.

Edited by Karkarov