11 people killed at a French satirical Newspaper

Meshugger

B6wZOY8CMAA_b6v.jpg

• Like 7

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think BruceVC will be most happy to see his SJW world filled with this:

B6wIyiDIgAAAaW7.png

No :lol:

Thats just silly, no one would want that 

You clearly have the wrong idea about the SJ agenda 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Did the shooters actually manage to escape? Jesus :(

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well it's several hour now. France should capitulate any minute now.

5 bucks says they'll apologize to the Muslims.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Poor France. Get hammered by a force that drove the British off and rolled over Europe and now everyone mocks them for it. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Obviously the only solution is for France to ban all weapons.

Well, it probably makes more sense than arming copy editors would...   

Yea.. because if the copy editors were armed they might have been able to defend themselves rather than be mowed down like helpless grass. And banning weapons would have prevented an attack by what is likely a foreigner. Oh wait... the weapons used are already banned in France...

• Like 2

This is the picture posted just before the attack:

https://twitter.com/Charlie_Hebdo_/status/552773881283764224/photo/1

I expect any newspaper that truly believes in the freedom of the press to republish it. Also, if any one of you see anyone on the internet (twitter, imgur, instagram, facebook) that salute the killers, archive it and report it to the authorities.

So on one hand you want to make this a free speech issue and on the other you want to report others who would exercise that speech to the authorities...

And never mind that it's not possible that the cartoon linked is the one that allegedly upset the men who perpetrated the killings.

Go you...

Eh, have to balance that against some dude having a bad day and deciding to start a gunfight in the office. Also, debatable how effective people would be against an assault with automatic rifles in a closed space - shock of the attack, rightfully being very afraid, etc. Don't know details but they may never have had a chance to react much depending on the office layout and speed of which they entered.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is the picture posted just before the attack:

https://twitter.com/Charlie_Hebdo_/status/552773881283764224/photo/1

I expect any newspaper that truly believes in the freedom of the press to republish it. Also, if any one of you see anyone on the internet (twitter, imgur, instagram, facebook) that salute the killers, archive it and report it to the authorities.

So on one hand you want to make this a free speech issue and on the other you want to report others who would exercise that speech to the authorities...

And never mind that it's not possible that the cartoon linked is the one that allegedly upset the men who perpetrated the killings.

Go you...

Oh, i didn't mean as to remove the content itself. I meant it as a security issue: "Who are those guys?" "Lets check....well look at that. Seems like this guy is working as a subcontractor in the arms industry, and wait, isn't that the same guy that's a person of interest in the case of beheading of Miss Jones? Quite interesting."

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"Yes they were innocent but not to the attackers, they only targeted the newspaper. They didn't just plant bombs to kill anyone and everyone, like we see with other terrorist attacks like the  7 July 2005 London bombings "

Stop defending the mass murderers. Those artists were innocent. We wouldn't even be having these stupid debates if the pictures were mocking Chritianity/Catholicism as theya re the time.

There is no acceptable defense of this shooting. NONE.

That pic should be photocopied and airmailed to all muslim countries where extremists are in control.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Eh, have to balance that against some dude having a bad day and deciding to start a gunfight in the office. Also, debatable how effective people would be against an assault with automatic rifles in a closed space - shock of the attack, rightfully being very afraid, etc. Don't know details but they may never have had a chance to react much depending on the office layout and speed of which they entered.

All it takes to stop somebody is a single well aimed shot, no matter what kind of gun it came from. I should post those videos where armed robbers enter that store in the US and start shooting, one elderly person hiding behind the counter pulls out his .45 single action revolver and drops one of the attackers in his tracks with a single round. 

One thing is for sure, being armed and trying to stop them beats sitting around and hoping for luck or mercy of the attackers. 

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Cool story. But I imagine office workers at rest may be pretty damn startled by repeated rifle fire in a closed space, and that shock leaves them rather vulnerable (not everyone is ready to rock n' roll every moment of the day, after all). Is a silly thing to bring up anyway at a time like this, regardless.

I just don't understand the world today ... or the one from yesterday, so to speak, for that matter.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Cool story. But I imagine office workers at rest may be pretty damn startled by repeated rifle fire in a closed space, and that shock leaves them rather vulnerable (not everyone is ready to rock n' roll every moment of the day, after all). Is a silly thing to bring up anyway at a time like this, regardless.

Still gives them a much better, totally real chance than sitting and praying for mercy, there are many cases where attackers were stalled or stopped by civilians.

And no, its not a silly thing to bring up in times like this,. 

Edited by Woldan

I have been looking more at the videos and pictures surrounding the case, and quite a few things stand out from the typical islamist attack:

1) These were not your typical muslim failure-men, they wore skimasks, had kevlar suits and knew how to use assault rifles. Anyone who has been in the military quickly recognizes how tight bullet spray pattern were. 1-3 shots fire each time instead of full auto.

2) According to witnesses, they appeared in calm manner and only shot directly at the targets. No Rambo-style

3) They spoke french fluently without accent according to witnesses

4) The movement outside the building shows that they have atleast have had basic military training

5) They had a getaway plan that included switching cars

This had to have been carefully planned by people who have had training on combat. Not your typical "kill all infidels!"-jihadists.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I have been looking more at the videos and pictures surrounding the case, and quite a few things stand out from the typical islamist attack:

1) These were not your typical muslim failure-men, they wore skimasks, had kevlar suits and knew how to use assault rifles. Anyone who has been in the military quickly recognizes how tight bullet spray pattern were. 1-3 shots fire each time instead of full auto.

I noticed the same thing, you can see it pretty well on the windscreen of that police car, tight palm sized patterns. Definitely not your average Muslim terror attack, smells of military training and actual combat experience.

Edited by Woldan

Still gives them a much better, totally real chance than sitting and praying for mercy, there are many cases where attackers were stalled or stopped by civilians.

And no, its not a silly thing to bring up in times like this,.

Attacks like this though ? Not really the same as a 7-11 being knocked over or some white kid shooting up a school.

Universal armament is a pretty curious and amusing solution to defending against terrorism (I suppose at that point one already is in fear), that's why it is a bit silly.

I noticed the same thing, you can see it pretty well on the windscreen of that police car, tight palm sized patterns. Definitely not your average Muslim attack, smells of military training and actual combat experience.

Yeah, that was the picture that i was thinking about. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The only thing sadder than terrorists winning is the political opportunism this attack will spawn.

Or has already spawned judging by this thread.

Yep, http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/07/us-france-shooting-germany-islam-idUSKBN0KG1TO20150107