What you did today

LadyCrimson

Went to a party that started at 3 PM and I was at home 12 AM. I'm too old for this ****! Didn't sleep until 3 AM because I couldn't sleep. I was tired but not sleepy. Party was decent, I guess but I have been to better ones.

So whats the lesson, you should have stayed at the party until at least 3-4am. Then you would have been guaranteed to sleep when you got home  :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Went to a party that started at 3 PM and I was at home 12 AM. I'm too old for this ****! Didn't sleep until 3 AM because I couldn't sleep. I was tired but not sleepy. Party was decent, I guess but I have been to better ones.

So whats the lesson, you should have stayed at the party until at least 3-4am. Then you would have been guaranteed to sleep when you got home  :yes:

I would have slept at 6 AM. I've had issues with sleeping for years, probably a decade.

Today I wished the weekend were three days long. Well or that I didn't have to work for that matter

You could always call in to work and say you are observing Martin Luther King Jr. day.  If anyone argues with it you can call them a racist.  :)

• Like 3

Today I wished the weekend were three days long. Well or that I didn't have to work for that matter

You could always call in to work and say you are observing Martin Luther King Jr. day.  If anyone argues with it you can call them a racist.  original.gif

My company would shrug that off. I am sure some one in the NY office is bitching that this day off is a loss of revenue for the economy and is stupid. Will mean things will be slow though, so I can catch up on my reading.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You could always call in to work and say you are observing Martin Luther King Jr. day.  If anyone argues with it you can call them a racist.   :)

I'd skip racist, and just call them a pointless buffoon.

If missing a day of work means you don't achieve your work objectives then frankly you're not very good at what you do.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I might be getting some work soon, saturdays only, but still. Yay!

The local buscompany stopped running weekend buses to my area three weeks ago. ****. My. Luck.

I'm really not looking forward to sleeping on my friends couch either, it's a tough bargain between that and walking/cycling back and forth in the middle of the night.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I've started making a new little game. I want it to be kinda cute, but also kinda weird.

Drew a cute little guy cheering for the game. He has animation, but I only know how to post a still image of him.

Audience_Happy_2.png?noCache=14216237491

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I took a rather unpleasant trip down some ice covered steps today.  That set off my reoccurring back problem (as anyone who has ever hurt their back knows, once you hurt your back once, you've got a back problem for the rest of your life).  It's been a rather painful day.  A whole bunch of pills, some alcohol, and lying flat on the ground for a while have helped, but moving around, especially getting up or sitting down, is still extremely painful.  I already texted my boss and let them know there's a decent chance I won't be in tomorrow.  I'll see how I feel in the morning, but I know these things don't go away in a single day.  In the state I'm in I'd be useless at work.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I took a rather unpleasant trip down some ice covered steps today.  That set off my reoccurring back problem (as anyone who has ever hurt their back knows, once you hurt your back once, you've got a back problem for the rest of your life).  It's been a rather painful day.  A whole bunch of pills, some alcohol, and lying flat on the ground for a while have helped, but moving around, especially getting up or sitting down, is still extremely painful.  I already texted my boss and let them know there's a decent chance I won't be in tomorrow.  I'll see how I feel in the morning, but I know these things don't go away in a single day.  In the state I'm in I'd be useless at work.

I guess browsing the net isn't that good either. Either way, that sounds painful. I've been walking like a snail these past days. It's slippery as frozen hell over here and I don't feel like getting hurt. Can't really afford to stay home because of illness/injury/whatever right now.

I'm also looking at a new apartment. It's more central than the place I live now. It would be a longer trip to and from work, but everything else I need would be closer.

Its starting to get really crazy, almost everyone I know has back problems, even in the Internet. 

Don't worry I don't have back problems, my rheumatoid arthritis only gets me on my knees and wrists which makes a hell of a combo with carpal tunnel. Back's fine though.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Wow, this sounds painful. Is there nothing you can do about it?

Don't worry I don't have back problems...

Not yet. *cracks knuckles*

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

You could always call in to work and say you are observing Martin Luther King Jr. day.  If anyone argues with it you can call them a racist.   :)

I'd call them a 'shoobonky', then look scathing when they didn't know what it meant, and refuse to explain.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

@Keyrock ... ouch, know what's that like, hope it doesn't last too long. Heat can help the muscles around it feel better even if it doesn't fix it.

Btw, I kinda miss your rodent avatar. :(    :)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks for the well wishes, folks.  My back feels a bit better but no work for me today, just taking it easy all day.  I've thrown my back out enough times to know that it's generally 2 to 3 days before I'm fairly functional and a full week before I'm back to normal.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Allowed to go home today, though not discharged until Thursday as I still need to be there for anti biotics 4x a day, I've apparently been the running joke for the new nurses on the new doctors - as they were expecting to see a patient barely able to move at this point and I'm already walking around, chillin, reading etc.

Seems I have a kick ass immune system.

• Like 6

Fortune favors the bald.

Still pleased over the game yesterday, Arsenal played well for once and I suppose Manchester City played poorly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent the weekend building my new Ikea kitchen. Well, started on it. I don't have all the parts yet (I'm militantly opposed to financing), but got most of what I got put together. Still a lot of work to do and I noticed that I forgot to buy silicon for the making the area around the kitchen sink water tight. I'm also going to get a professional to hook up the stove to the wires in the wall. I can handle normal 220v stuff, but this was just too many cables that needed connecting, 5 or 6 or so for the 2x16/32 ampere stuff.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein