What you did today

LadyCrimson

Hey! Latinos are not crazy, also let's not forget a famous crazy Austrian who everyone thinks he's German...So people in glass houses and all that.

And people who live in stone houses shouldn't throw glasses either!   :p

Speaking of breaking stuff, I just found a great inspirational video for new years eve. All I need now is 5000 more of those color waterfalls and a container . 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Baked a chocolate cake, not too bad for my first cake.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

People who are obese have a higher chance of snoring but it's by far not the only reason. I sound like a lawnmower because of my deviated septum.

My snoring has gotten much better since I've lost weight.  I know it's not the only reason, but it sure stacks the deck against you.

It's been ten months since I started getting my life back in order, and I've lost in excess of 130lbs according to the scales at the doctor's office.  Today, I went to the Hometown Buffet and I didn't even feel tempted to gorge myself.  My waist size is 14 inches smaller than it was in February.  However, I will observe that taking pride in losing a ton of weight is kind of like the doctor who shoots himself in the foot and feels pride at removing the bullet and stitching up the wound.  I do feel a little pride, but I also keep it in perspective.  ...And, if it says something good about me that I've lost the weight, I sure as hell don't want to prove it again, so my plan has been to get closer and closer to a maintenance schedule until I'm at the weight I want to be and then to be vigilant about keeping a healthy lifestyle.  I haven't gone on any special diets or had surgery or anything, but I have had some great help from supportive friends, including a certain dragon.

• Like 4

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Wow, that makes my quitting smoking seem like a trivial accomplishment. 

It will be if you relapse.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's fun when the power goes out late evening, meaning you have no internet for half a day. No idea why, either...wasn't rainy/stormy. Also, it's fun when the streetlight on your block is out, so you know all your neighbors are without power too, but when you look over the rooftops, 5 blocks away people/business seem to have power over there. We're on a tiny grid or something.

I'm California-cold, mostly because I'm sitting in a non-heated room, blanket wrapped and likely soon going to bed where it's warm.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Discovered that I snore like an old grizzly, woke up from it.  I thought one of the main reasons of snoring is obesity? 

If you think it's been like that a long time and you just never knew it before, might want to check for sleep apnea. Hubby has that and wakes himself up all the time, among other things. I can hear him snoring sometimes, through 2 walls. I occasionally sleep in another room. :p

He recently tried to get a line on the newer cPap's that are supposedly quieter/more comfy and don't require doctor-supervisied adjustment (the one he got years ago didn't do much for him at all), but he hasn't followed up on it yet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't know what happened, I know I never snored before because I wake up from the slightest noise. And now suddenly even though nothings changed I make sounds like an old battered diesel when I fall asleep. 

I don't know what happened, I know I never snored before because I wake up from the slightest noise. And now suddenly even though nothings changed I make sounds like an old battered diesel when I fall asleep. 

Dehydration.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm meticulous about my water intake, I'm always properly hydrated and if I drink alcohol its only once a month. 

In that case your snoring is a signal from your body to loosen the hell up before you die. :)

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm meticulous about my water intake, I'm always properly hydrated and if I drink alcohol its only once a month. 

Maybe last time you lifted those giant weight thingies, your neck muscles worked so mightily it strained a throat muscle.

....I kid. I got nothing. Could be anything. ;)

• Like 1

Maybe last time you lifted those giant weight thingies, your neck muscles worked so mightily it strained a throat muscle.

....I kid. I got nothing. Could be anything. wink.png

You know, my neck is thicker than my head from all the deadlifting, maybe my neck cramps and strangles itself while I'm sleeping?

Now that would be an unusual suicide. laughing.gif

Anyway, can't wait for the cake.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble with our explanations so far. Medically.

I think it's far more plausible that you play the accordion in your sleep.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Today I split firewood, changed the oil in my truck, walked down to the river and just watched it roll by for about 45 minutes. Then watched football and made bbq chicken on the grill for dinner. Lady GD has to go in to work early so I'll pour a drink or two and catch the Bengals - Steelers game on the radio on the front porch.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Did the X-Mas trip to see family from Tues-Sat this past week.  On even-numbered years, it's my family, most of whom are about 200 miles away.  (The wife's family was way off in Cali, but her parents recently moved to a town 40 miles up the interstate.)  Given that this is the first year with the youngin' (10 months old on Christmas Day), we did the driving in the evenings, so that he would be asleep for the trip and not throw off his overall sleeping and eating schedules.  (He usually sleeps from 7PM to around 5AM, give or take, although he's often been waking up and wanting a bonus bottle sometime in the middle of the night ever since he went through a stomach virus 2 weeks back.)  The baby did great, as he hasn't yet developed a fear of strangers and is mostly cheerful if he isn't ill or overly hungry or tired.  Family members gave him gifts, some of which included tissue paper in the wrapping, which is officially now his Most Favoritest Thing Ever. 

The little guy also appears to be coming around on the whole "eating more actual food" thing.  While at my parents' house, I offered him a taste of a Manhattan clam chowder that my mother had made, and he really seemed to like it.  We didn't feed him a whole lot of the stuff, though, as it was the first tomato-based (i.e.,relatively acidic) food he's taken in volume, and it was the first shellfish he'd eaten, so we wanted to be careful in case he had an allergy. 

Today was the standard post-travel day of unpacking, grocery shopping, and laundry.  After the soup success while away, I decided to make a soup of my own.  Mostly potatoes and carrots in chicken-based stock (with a base of onion, celery, and garlic sweated in bacon fat and seasoned with black and red pepper), simmered with bay and parsely and pureed lightly.  For adult consumption, this is topped with cheddar and chive, but the baby has had issues with dairy, so I'll be leaving that off when I let him try it.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to finish it until after his bedtime.  The wife and I liked it-- we'll see about the youngin' tomorrow. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 2

....I kid. I got nothing. Could be anything. wink.png

You know, my neck is thicker than my head from all the deadlifting, maybe my neck cramps and strangles itself while I'm sleeping?

Now that would be an unusual suicide. laughing.gif

Anyway, can't wait for the cake.

Actually, I know that was a joke but when I was getting tested for sleep apnea, they measured my neck size and told me neck size and shape can be a huge contributing factor to things like sleep apnea.

It's always fun to have dreams of running and jumping, and then you wake up and find half your body is locked tense...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Could use an update on the 2-Series, there, Denver. It's been a month. Can't just get a superfly sled and sit on it.  :no:

I actually haven't driven it yet :\

My wife loves it though. She's pretty much sold on BMWs now and hasn't driven the other car since we got it which is fine by me because I don't drive very much and she's stuck with the daily commute. She wants to go out to the track and race me but I have no desire to do that because 1) I don't think a Q50 has much of a chance against an M235 and 2) I really have no desire to do that:) Seriously, and I'm being honest here, I've never been much into cars* and I don't hear the call of the race and have no need for speed which puts me a bit at odds with her as she thinks she's Schumacher's daughter or something

Also, I'd probably die or lose then die or win then die and that's not how I die

*I like cars but I would rather collect them and tinker a bit (I've restored and sold a couple) than race them.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21