Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

"(Fade Rifts + Demons make up 50% of the enemies in every area"

No. Less than 10%.

That argument seems borderline impossible to support, beyond the fact that enemies respawn from the environments but the portals stay closed. 

There's like 4-10 portals on average, each one spawns like 16 demons during two rounds of combat and some significantly more. Did you kill 100-150 Mages and Templars in the Hinterlands? 

Edited by Morality Games

May Kickstarter be with you and all your stretch goals achieved. 

16? In earlier areas it's like 8.

When I hit Emprise if there's a Wraith wave there's lots of numbers, easily in that range, but if it's Greater Terrors, there's only 3 per wave.

I think I got a 2xPride + 1 Rage once, too.

Wraith waves are the most dangerous in the game. This is true of all ranged attackers really, but wraith especially. They're immune to the chain! If you can't get them all in one spot, it's hard for the tank to control. So they'll just be picking off the party.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If you have done all you want of Hinterlands and Storm Coast, I suggest picking up quest Varric clues you in on. That'll take you to Crestwood and Western Approach at least. You can decide what to do next from there.

"That argument seems borderline impossible to support, beyond the fact that enemies respawn from the environments but the portals stay closed. 

There's like 4-10 portals on average, each one spawns like 16 demons during two rounds of combat and some significantly more. Did you kill 100-150 Mages and Templars in the Hinterlands?"

That's a huge range. '4-10'. L0L

I don't face 16 demons per portal. There's more than mages and templars in Hinterlands. heck, the dragonlings resawn quick. I think I killed like 50 of 'em just look for those sexcret stars in the sky lol not to mention while I was fighting the dragon. Then there's the animals, and the bandits.   Oh yeah then the dee[psawn in the dwarven ruins. Yup, demons are a small fraction fo enemies killed or even faced,.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Vols right, even if you don't dispel demons in the Hinterlands are outnumbered by animals, bandits, mages, and templars.

The only maps they dominate are Exalted Plains and (arguably) that swamp region(in DA undead are demons possessing corpses). Everywhere else they're a small fraction of enemies faced.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've killed 5 out of 10 dragons so far.  Just finished off the one in the Exalted Plains.  My party was around level 19 and the dragon was level 15.

Yet again, the only good loot drop was a dagger, which does absolutely nothing for my sword and shield wielding warrior.  So far, I've gotten a pair of daggers, a pair of mage staffs, and I believe a greataxe or greatsword for killing those 5 dragons.  Not a single item for my actual character (but hey, my party members are content!).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I blame SJWs. Swords are often used more than other weapons so they likely 'feels' the other weapons were feeling maligned and with great social justitice they fought for  greater inclusion. Don't worry, by DA8, you won't get any swords at all. :)

• Like 1

Also, did anyone tell Allan the game's gone gold, they should let him out of his QA cubicle cage soon.  

I sent him a PM back when it came out, haven't heard from him.  He takes breaks now and then from the forum, he'll hopefully wander back soon enough.

Killed the Vinsomer by dropping my level 3 focus abilities on its head and might offense potions. It died before I knew it. Then killed the Hivernal the normal boring way.

Enough Dragon bone that I just need to get some Fade Touched Silverite and I'll build myself the last sword I'll ever need.

Also, did anyone tell Allan the game's gone gold, they should let him out of his QA cubicle cage soon.  

He seems to be fairly active on the BW forums.  He posted that he was rather busy with the KB&M control patching QA though. 

Just so we're crystal clear, what's a tier 3 focus ability?  Just a stronger version of a tier 1 ability?

I'm so lost once games stopped shipping with instruction manuals.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just so we're crystal clear, what's a tier 3 focus ability?  Just a stronger version of a tier 1 ability?

I'm so lost once games stopped shipping with instruction manuals.

When you have more focus bars filled, the focus ability is more powerful. So pretty much yes, that's all it is.

IMO I didn't find myself using them that much on Hard. Seemed like a waste of an ability point for the most part, as it would usually see situational use only.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"i found it funny in the west women fighting in battle is an issue, it is not in my place, we have woman admiral in history who command an armada fighting Portuguese and Dutch...."

\

That's fantastic, but that's likely an exception to the rule.

"i found it funny in the west women fighting in battle is an issue, it is not in my place, we have woman admiral in history who command an armada fighting Portuguese and Dutch...."

\

Actually its not, there are many cases of women being involved on various levels historically in military conflicts. But there contribution was and is overlooked by narrators and some historians 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

\

Actually its not, there are many cases of women being involved on various levels historically in military conflicts. But there contribution was and is overlooked by narrators and some historians 

Sounds interesting, care to provide links?

Because for the most part I'm certain that in trained forces women were kept out, irregular armies and special corps might be a different story.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Still real bummed you can't dual wields longswords as a rogue in Dragon Age. Sure some might think it a munchkin style of play, but it did bring out my inner Miyamoto Musashi.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

\

Sounds interesting, care to provide links?

Because for the most part I'm certain that in trained forces women were kept out, irregular armies and special corps might be a different story.

They're too busy inventing COBOL to fight, obviously.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G