Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

Don't get me wrong, its obviously not nice to see a man so excited about this project, even to the point where he had a tattoo made, and then you see him visibly crying in the next video because of a shirt and the image it projected

But until we know the real reason for the apology I believe  the reason he gave

There is no point in trying to reason with SJW logic. BruceVC proves this. I'm sorry, but you are off the charts biased.

**** it, I'm going to go have a drink.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

This is what happens when they don't defund humanities :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There is no point in trying to reason with SJW logic. BruceVC proves this. I'm sorry, but you are off the charts biased.

So lets be clear on this, you think its impossible that he felt he had offended women he works with and he wanted to set the record straight? You say this cannot be the case?

It's ****ing obvious that he WAS MADE to make the statement by the oganization he works for... It's a PR action driven by the institute he works for. He probbly went throughout a painful discussion with the HR people and his superiors. He probably crumbled, because the guy was caught completely off guard and out of his comfort zone with all this mess and he just wanted IT TO END. Based on the initial reaction to the good landing the guy is prone to highly emotional actions and is probably a little bit fragile in that mental deparment, hence you see him crying, because he still cannot fathom, how a shirt from a female friend, which has a non explicit cartoon on it, led to this humiliating and akward situation... YES HUMILIATING....

People are just getting overall retarded... I made a point in my previous post about the general situation...

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 1

So lets be clear on this, you think its impossible that he felt he had offended women he works with and he wanted to set the record straight? You say this cannot be the case?

Lets be clear indeed. He's not sexist for any reason you list. He was likely asked to issue an apology so men like you wouldn't get your panties in a twist.

Lets be clear indeed. He's not sexist for any reason you list. He was likely asked to issue an apology so men like you wouldn't get your panties in a twist.

When did I ever say he was sexist? I believe I have said several times that I don't believe he meant to offend anyone. But that doesn't change the fact he did offend people

You guys really need to stop putting words in peoples mouths and stop making assumptions around what people say

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This is what happens when they don't defund humanities :p

I sometimes wonder how different the world would be if humanties students would have to study something a bit more substantial than "gender studies".

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

When did I ever say he was sexist? I believe I have said several times that I don't believe he meant to offend anyone. But that doesn't change the fact he did offend people

You guys really need to stop putting words in peoples mouths and stop making assumptions around what people say

Irony Level: Plaid

• Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• Like 2

"Same people are now calling the women (scientists and non) that objected to the shirt "****" "bitches", inviting them to kill themselves"

Who said this? Surely nobody in this thread. Also, should be pointed out how you continue to ignore that the gift was given to him by a WOMAN. Stop being so sexist.

", I don't think he apologized because of the pressure from feminists and SJW."

\You can 'think' all you want. The evidence clearly shows he apologized because of the rabid attacks, bullying tatics, and nazism directed at him. All because of a shirt he wore. That's unacceptable. Nobody should be attacked because of what they wear. PERIOD.

"Of course I emphasize with his personal emotional state? When did I ever suggest I don't care how he feels ?"

\You don't care how he feels. You would have celebrated if he ahd commited suicide  or quit his job over the bullying he was victim of. Because he is a man. And, men  are evil monsters. That's what SJWs and feminists believe. Men are simply fodder.

"So lets be clear on this, you think its impossible that he felt he had offended women he works with and he wanted to set the record straight? You say this cannot be the case?"

if this was done in house between him and his coworkers yes. But, no apology occured until he was harassed, threaten, and bullied by outsiders. there is no coincidence here.

Y"es, feminists have been telling us for years that women can wear whatever they want, and for men to comment in any way is sexism. But that's obviously a double standard, since they evidently feel no compunction whatsoever in criticizing what men wear. "
|

\'Nough said.

"Only 23% of American women and only 20% of Americans overall identify as feminists, even though most are in favor of gender equality. Feminists, who like to say that feminism isgender equality, are unhappy with this, but I think the poll captures a truth. Whatever feminists say, their true priorities are revealed in what they do, and what they do is, mostly, man-bashing and special pleading."

Nough said x2.

Kaine's link article is beyond awesome.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Irony Level: Plaid

Sure, where did I make assumptions about what people are saying?

I have said I disagree that pressure from feminists and SJW made Dr Taylor apologize, this is exactly what you guys are saying is the reason he apologized

I have said Dr Taylor made the apology because he felt he offended people, that's exactly what he said in the interview.

Where am I making assumptions?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

B.t.w. - Bruce, should anyone wearing this also be shamed and attacked?

B2bbUfRCIAAHUu8.jpg

This looks like a shirt that a gay man would wear and yes it also sends a certain message. Whether men would feel it objectifies them I can't say ?

How many must feel "objectified" for it to be a problem? 1? 2? 100?

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Of course I emphasize with his personal emotional state? When did I ever suggest I don't care how he feels ?

So the original harassment was wrong, but once again that's not the reason why I think he apologized. He felt he didn't want to insult the women he worked with, I don't think he apologized because of the pressure from feminists and SJW. So maybe we should stop looking for reasons that don't exist because they suit the GG agenda?

There are more than enough examples of people doing things due to public pressure but this is not one of them?

If you feel that harassement and pressure have no impact on a person psyche, then why get up in arms when a women gets harassed?

According to you, people can't be pressured/bullied.

I think it's you who are looking for a reason that would justify this redicolous "shirtgate" affair.

And frankly that offends me.

Now apologize.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

I think the business with the shirt is bizarre at best, and denigrates the serious issue of sexism by being misplaced. 

If you saw a member of the ground crew eating a deli sandwich with swiss, mayo, and corned beef, is it the right opportunity to address unhealthy eating?

No it ****ing well isn't.

From now on, any time I shall feel obliged to answer any question about sexism with the rejoinder "Ah well, sexism is meaningless, because eventually the whole human race will be wiped off the planet. Unless we can successfully master space travel. So shut up." And I will be just as much of  wanker as these fools are here.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Of course I emphasize with his personal emotional state? When did I ever suggest I don't care how he feels ?

So the original harassment was wrong, but once again that's not the reason why I think he apologized. He felt he didn't want to insult the women he worked with, I don't think he apologized because of the pressure from feminists and SJW. So maybe we should stop looking for reasons that don't exist because they suit the GG agenda?

There are more than enough examples of people doing things due to public pressure but this is not one of them?

If you feel that harassement and pressure have no impact on a person psyche, then why get up in arms when a women gets harassed?

According to you, people can't be pressured/bullied.

I think it's you who are looking for a reason that would justify this redicolous "shirtgate" affair.

And frankly that offends me.

Now apologize.

This thread is full of bizarre and unsubstantiated assumptions, no wonder GG lacks meaningful cohesion and results

When did I ever say that harassment can't cause people to be bullied or pressured? When did I say that harassment can't be hurtful?

My point again is that you cannot assume he apologized because he was pressured from nameless  feminists and SJW, he apologized because he felt he had offended people. That's his words, not mine. And these people are not the nameless people on twitter who  expressed the initial  outrage but rather his work colleagues who he obviously respects

Its not hard to understand

John Milton 

It's ****ing obvious that he WAS MADE to make the statement by the oganization he works for... It's a PR action driven by the institute he works for. He probbly went throughout a painful discussion with the HR people and his superiors. 

And I'm sorry, but it probably has pretty little to do with "SJW pressure". I'm pretty sure if he was wearing a tacky T-shirt with pink unicorns instead of one with half-naked women, his superiors also would have had a serious discussion with him about what is appropriate to wear on occasions like this.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

*Peeks back, decides to not waste his time reading ALL TEH PAGEZ*

Could anybody tell me what does a scientist's choice of attire have to do with Ethics In Gaming JournalismTM?

Dude wears fap material at work in office. People tell him it's not appropriate for that office. Scumbags whine "censorship" and declare him a hero.

Same people are now calling the women (scientists and non) that objected to the shirt "****" "bitches", inviting them to kill themselves and shut up. 

Sounds familiar enough? 

Oh right, why GG is involved? Because they made themselves involved.

Oh, are you saying that i am calling the journalist who wrote that vicious article, who happened to be male, a bitch, to kill himself and to shut up?

This is because we cannot have nice things. Imbecilles find anything they deem as "problematic" and do everything to do destroy and undermine the human spirit. THAT's the issue.

"Fap material". Jesus ****ing Christ

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's ****ing obvious that he WAS MADE to make the statement by the oganization he works for... It's a PR action driven by the institute he works for. He probbly went throughout a painful discussion with the HR people and his superiors. 

And I'm sorry, but it probably has pretty little to do with "SJW pressure". I'm pretty sure if he was wearing a tacky T-shirt with pink unicorns instead of one with half-naked women, his superiors also would have had a serious discussion with him about what is appropriate to wear on occasions like this.

Yes also if the pressure was from his work it would have been done in a much more professional and official way than the spontaneous way he did apologize during the interview

You can see this was something that was obviously bothering and he wanted to say a few words about it

John Milton 

Could anybody tell me what does a scientist's choice of attire have to do with Ethics In Gaming JournalismTM?

Dude wears fap material at work in office. People tell him it's not appropriate for that office. Scumbags whine "censorship" and declare him a hero.

Same people are now calling the women (scientists and non) that objected to the shirt "****" "bitches", inviting them to kill themselves and shut up. 

Sounds familiar enough? 

Oh, are you saying that i am calling the journalist who wrote that vicious article, who happened to be male, a bitch, to kill himself and to shut up?

This is because we cannot have nice things. Imbecilles find anything they deem as "problematic" and do everything to do destroy and undermine the human spirit. THAT's the issue.

Ironically you are undermining Dr Taylor " human spirit" when you are  suggesting that the apology from him wasn't  his own idea and he was forced to make it by others

John Milton 

Have you ever worked with people from "creative" or "R&D" in large institutions that give them a lot of freedoms as long as they bring results? These institutions get kind of "geeky" or "weird" behaviors, including clothing (or in case of artists lack of thereof). I am sure that the pink unicorn really matters when making big steps in science...

You know what, if a person will come up with cures for cancer in all stages, make sure to disregard his/her achievements and not let it go through because he/she loves unicorns... Don;t use social media or computers in geneal, because the people who were pioneers did not have the sense of fashion for the situations and importance of the breakthroughs they were making...

They only get the talks if the overall "image and good name" of the istitution is put at risk. Usually it comes up, with addictons or some illegal actions, OR accusations related to political correctness (racism, gender equality, religous tolerance)

Unless you work in certain areas of the business (usually PR, sales, finance), the dress codes are rather lenient and the harder it is to replace the individual the more freedom they get, especially in R&D. 

So back to your remark, no, he would not get serious discssion about his dress code in the situation you presented, because no one would give a damn about the pink unicorns in the big picture of what was goin on (it might be even his "lucky" shirt). He probably would get some attention and become a hero of a new meme, but other than some "comedy factor" no one would care...

It has a lot to do with SJW pressure and generally taking some PoliCor. stuff to ridiculous levels.

Edited by Darkpriest

Sounds familiar enough? 

Ironically you are undermining Dr Taylor " human spirit" when you are  suggesting that the apology from him wasn't  his own idea and he was forced to make it by others

You still haven't answered my original question. Why is it morally good to question his clothing but not others?

Of course he was forced by other people to do it. How emotionally stunted can someone be not to realize that?

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sounds familiar enough? 

You still haven't answered my original question. Why is it morally good to question his clothing but not others?

Of course he was forced by other people to do it. How emotionally stunted can someone be not to realize that?

I thought I did answer that question?  Who said we can never question other peoples clothing, you need to be more specific and give me an example ?

John Milton 

Have you ever worked with people from "creative" or "R&D" in large institutions that give them a lot of freedoms as long as they bring results? These institutions get kind of "geeky" or "weird" behaviors, including clothing (or in case of artists lack of thereof). I am sure that the pink unicorn really matters when making big steps in science...

You know what, if a person will come up with cures for cancer in all stages, make sure to disregard his/her achievements and not let it go through because he/she loves unicorns... Don;t use social media or computers in geneal, because the people who were pioneers did not have the sense of fashion for the situations and importance of the breakthroughs they were making...

They only get the talks if the overall "image and good name" of the istitution is put at risk. Usually it comes up, with addictons or some illegal actions, OR accusations related to political correctness (racism, gender equality, religous tolerance)

If I can manage to refrain from wearing shirts with hot babes when I go to the cancer ward, you'd think he can also manage to do the same when presenting his findings to the media.

"Looking professional when you interact with people in a function related to your profession" is a big part of being a professional.

Why is it morally good to question his clothing but not others?

Others like who?

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Sounds familiar enough? 

I thought I did answer that question?  Who said we can never question other peoples clothing, you need to be more specific and give me an example ?

That's it. I have to follow Trueneutral's advice when you're being so disingenuous. We have nothing more to discuss.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

If I can manage to refrain from wearing shirts with hot babes when I go to the cancer ward, you'd think he can also manage to do the same when presenting his findings to the media.

"Looking professional when you interact with people in a function related to your profession" is a big part of being a professional.

Why is it morally good to question his clothing but not others?

Others like who?

This is not an issue of professionalism. The article and social media clearly stated that his shirt was misogynic and rendered the whole expidition meanlingless. That's the issue. 

I like that you have to ask who you should be judging based on their clothing.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Sounds familiar enough? 

That's it. I have to follow Trueneutral's advice when you're being so disingenuous. We have nothing more to discuss.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, I asked you to give me an example about where people are judging only his clothing and not others and you refuse to answer? Okay that's fine

John Milton