Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

So.. feminists (mostly white males) bullied, intimidated, and threatened a space scientist into an emotional breakdown over a friggin' shirt that was a nice gift by a female friend. That's EVIL. More evdience that feminists and SJWs are just nazis .

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So.. feminists (mostly white males) bullied, intimidated, and threatened a space scientist into an emotional breakdown over a friggin' shirt that was a nice gift by a female friend. That's EVIL. More evdience that feminists and SJWs are just nazis .

I don't know about that Volo, lets be honest the shirt was an eye-sore and I have to say probably inappropriate for him to wear in an interview. Your are defined in society rightly or wrongly by your appearance. But its just a shirt and this man is a highly intelligent  and respected person, I would have just said " I'm sorry for wearing that shirt " and then moved the conversation onto the real topical event ....the comet

But resorting to crying in an interview, isn't that a bit dramatic?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Your are defined in society rightly or wrongly by your appearance."

Isn't that one of the things SJWs and feminists are supposed to fight against? AKA no fat shaming. It's not the rape victim's fault they were wearing 'sexy' clothes, etc., etc.

"But its just a shirt"

\Then why make a big stink of him wearing it in the first place if it was 'just a shirt'?

The double think here is HILARIOUS and SAD.

"But resorting to crying in an interview, isn't that a bit dramatic?"

You wouldn't be saying that if it was a woman harassed, bullied, and itnimidated over her clothes. But, then again, we know you are sexist. Manly men aren't allowed to cry and nothing engative can be said about women because you and your kin think wrongly that women are weak and fragile and need to protected like little children.

So... why the double standard?

• Like 1

"Your are defined in society rightly or wrongly by your appearance."

Isn't that one of the things SJWs and feminists are supposed to fight against? AKA no fat shaming. It's not the rape victim's fault they were wearing 'sexy' clothes, etc., etc.

"But its just a shirt"

\Then why make a big stink of him wearing it in the first place if it was 'just a shirt'?

The double think here is HILARIOUS and SAD.

"But resorting to crying in an interview, isn't that a bit dramatic?"

You wouldn't be saying that if it was a woman harassed, bullied, and itnimidated over her clothes. But, then again, we know you are sexist. Manly men aren't allowed to cry and nothing engative can be said about women because you and your kin think wrongly that women are weak and fragile and need to protected like little children.

So... why the double standard?

Fair enough, you should be able to cry  in an interview if you are a man or women

But do you accept that wearing a shirt like that was  a bad idea for someone in his position or  doing an interview around something like the comet?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But do you accept that wearing a shirt like that was  a bad idea for someone in his position or  doing an interview around something like the comet?

Yes, but only because evil frothing at the mouth zealots are out there to shame and harass anyone that doesn't conform to their Nazi-esque dress code where anything that could possibly be identified as a statement of some kind that goes against their strict totalitarian ideals, even in the furthest reaches of a seriously deranged mind, is deemed unacceptable and worthy of a mass coordinated assault.  Shame on him for simply putting on the shirt which his friend gifted him for this occasion and not thinking through what extremist zealots might fabricate out of the shirt's content.  It's definitely all his fault, and not a fabrication of the sick, deranged, psychotic SJW monsters that aim to destroy free will.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"But do you accept that wearing a shirt like that was  a bad idea for someone in his position or  doing an interview around something like the comet?"

I try not to go overboard when judging someone on what they wear. It would take something very extreme to offend me and even then I wouldn't hunt them down, harass them, bully them, and  go out of my way to humilate. Because, I'm not a nazi.  In fact, I laugh when people go crazy over the actual nazi symbol because what people wear  just isn't important to me. Come talk to me when someone is actually harming someone. not just offending them.

Because, otherwise, I'd have to report SJWs and feminists because they offend me by their lies, diceit, racism, sexism, bullying, hate mongering, evilness, nazism and hatefulness.

I believe in equalism. They do not.

Edited by Volourn

Yes, but only because evil frothing at the mouth zealots are out there to shame and harass anyone that doesn't conform to their Nazi-esque dress code where anything that could possibly be identified as a statement of some kind that goes against their strict totalitarian ideals, even in the furthest reaches of a seriously deranged mind, is deemed unacceptable and worthy of a mass coordinated assault.  Shame on him for simply putting on the shirt which his friend gifted him for this occasion and not thinking through what extremist zealots might fabricate out of the shirt's content.  It's definitely all his fault, and not a fabrication of the sick, deranged, psychotic SJW monsters that aim to destroy free will.

"But do you accept that wearing a shirt like that was  a bad idea for someone in his position or  doing an interview around something like the comet?"

I try not to go overboard when judging someone on what they wear. It would take something very extreme to offend me and even then I wouldn't hunt them down, harass them, bully them, and  go out of my way to humilate. Because, I'm not a nazi.  In fact, I laugh when people go crazy over the actual nazi symbol because what people wear  just isn't important to me. Come talk to me when someone is actually harming someone. not just offending them.

Because, otherwise, I'd have to report SJWs and feminists because they offend me by their lies, diceit, racism, sexism, bullying, hate mongering, evilness, nazism and hatefulness.

Guys a shirt like that can be worn at a Rave, a club, a comic convention or walking around a mall or dozens of others places but it does project an image.

Now a person may be fine with the image it projects, like someone wearing a shirt with a neo-Nazi symbol, but you need to accept that you will receive criticism from sectors of society as that image is offensive to some  people

And obviously the scientist realized that as he apologized. I can also tell you that most corporates wouldn't think too highly of someone coming to a job interview wearing a shirt like that

So I don't think we need to see this incident as " glaring example of feminazism " but rather something that was just inappropriate to wear  for someone like the scientist who was doing an interview that has global coverage. Its not a mystery or surprise to me  why he was admonished?

John Milton 

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/120272/lena-dunham-zuckerberg-controversies-dangers-feminist-overreach

And here people lose their **** over a dude wearing a grey shirt.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

LOL!

Ok guys! Take your shirts off. No shirt is safe anymore. This gender war will be fought using street court rules: shirts vs skins.

/sarcasm

Misogynist! What if women want to wear blouses or dresses? I'm going to write a very scathing tumblr entry about this!

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"Guys a shirt like that can be worn at a Rave, a club, a comic convention or walking around a mall or dozens of others places but it does project an image.

Now a person may be fine with the image it projects, like someone wearing a shirt with a neo-Nazi symbol, but you need to accept that you will receive criticism from sectors of society as that image is offensive to some  people

And obviously the scientist realized that as he apologized. I can also tell you that most corporates wouldn't think too highly of someone coming to a job interview wearing a shirt like that

So I don't think we need to see this incident as " glaring example of feminazism " but rather something that was just inappropriate to wear  for someone like the scientist who was doing an interview that has global coverage. Its not a mystery or surprise to me  why he was admonished?"

No.

Guys a shirt like that can be worn at a Rave, a club, a comic convention or walking around a mall or dozens of others places but it does project an image.

So I don't think we need to see this incident as " glaring example of feminazism " but rather something that was just inappropriate to wear  for someone like the scientist who was doing an interview that has global coverage. Its not a mystery or surprise to me  why he was admonished?

No. Just no. A grown man was brought to tears and made to grovel because he wanted to wear a shirt that a female friend gave him. Yes, it was a gaudy T-shirt, but no, it wasn't offending. Not unless you're the sort of person who is actively out looking to get offended. If it WAS offending I am sure several of the guys female colleagues would have pointed it out to him. The guy was wearing the shirt the whole day and to his colleagues obviously it was a non issue. Even when he does the apologizing they are looking rather puzzled as to what the fuss is about. The only people who seem to care are the people actively looking to get offended and it's getting really tiresome.

• Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

No. Just no. A grown man was brought to tears and made to grovel because he wanted to wear a shirt that a female friend gave him. Yes, it was a gaudy T-shirt, but no, it wasn't offending. Not unless you're the sort of person who is actively out looking to get offended. If it WAS offending I am sure several of the guys female colleagues would have pointed it out to him. The guy was wearing the shirt the whole day and to his colleagues obviously it was a non issue. Even when he does the apologizing they are looking rather puzzled as to what the fuss is about. The only people who seem to care are the people actively looking to get offended and it's getting really tiresome.

Well obviously the guy that was wearing the shirt, the scientist, feels different to you.

He wouldn't have apologized if he didn't feel he should. He is highly a intelligent man, I'm sure he can make his own mind up and decide for himself if an explanation or apology is warranted? Or is he not capable of deciding that?

John Milton 

He was bullied into apologizing, since he's obviously not used to being under that sort of hate fueled pressure. The poor man actually ended up thinking it was his fault, judging by the way he broke down. 

They just chose the opportunity to tear him down, and considering that it started from his colleagues, there was probably no small amount of jealousy (over his involvement in the project) in play.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

He was bullied into apologizing, since he's obviously not used to being under that sort of hate fueled pressure. The poor man actually ended up thinking it was his fault, judging by the way he broke down. 

They just chose the opportunity to tear him down, and considering that it started from his colleagues, there was probably no small amount of jealousy (over his involvement in the project) in play.

And what if he wanted to apologize? Is that just not possible, he could have realised he made a lapse of judgement wearing that shirt and on further reflection decided that an apology was the best option

That's what people do in RL, not every thing is about feminists or SJW forcing people to do things they don't want to do. Sometimes people do decide to do things on there own

John Milton 

Well obviously the guy that was wearing the shirt, the scientist, feels different to you.

He wouldn't have apologized if he didn't feel he should. He is highly a intelligent man, I'm sure he can make his own mind up and decide for himself if an explanation or apology is warranted? Or is he not capable of deciding that?

Someone being forced into an apology doesn't mean the apology is warranted. With enough force you can bully someone into thinking just about anything is wrong.

The guy strikes me as a very nice guy who had no intention at all of offending anyone. One day he is just cheerfully doing his life's work, putting on a shirt a friend gave him to wear, then going on camera to enthusiastically tell about his life's work. Obviously the guy didn't think there was anything wrong with the shirt then. Then people for no understandable reason start to give him crap for wearing a shirt. I can understand how he'd be perplexed. Then he's thinking. "What if they are right? I don't feel they are right, I liked the shirt, I saw nothing wrong with it. But there are so many of them, and they are so vocal. It must be me, I must be not seeing it. Oh Jesus, what have I done?"

It's called group pressure, and some people are more susceptible to it than others. The guy strikes me as a nice guy, someone who wants to be nice and who wants to be liked. That makes him a prime target for something like this, and that's exactly why it's so utterly disgusting and contemptible. People responsible for this should feel very, very ashamed.

Edited by JadedWolf
  • Like 2

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Coincidently I've just watched this whole incident on CNN, they were saying his shirt was arguably  demeaning to women who worked in his industry and that's why he apologized because he really respects the women he  works with

So once again I can completely understand his apology which he made on own accord

John Milton 

Someone being forced into an apology doesn't mean the apology is warranted. With enough force you can bully someone into thinking just about anything is wrong.

The guy strikes me as a very nice guy who had no intention at all of offending anyone. One day he is just cheerfully doing his life's work, putting on a shirt a friend gave him to wear, then going on camera to enthusiastically tell about his life's work. Obviously the guy didn't think there was anything wrong with the shirt then. Then people for no understandable reason start to give him crap for wearing a shirt. I can understand how he'd be perplexed. Then he's thinking. "What if they are right? I don't feel they are right, I liked the shirt, I saw nothing wrong with it. But there are so many of them, and they are so vocal. It must be me, I must be not seeing it. Oh Jesus, what have I done?"

It's called group pressure, and some people are more susceptible to it than others. The guy strikes me as a nice guy, someone who wants to be nice and who wants to be liked. That makes him a prime target for something like this, and that's exactly why it's so utterly disgusting and contemptible. People responsible for this should feel very, very ashamed.

I agree he does seem like a sincere and very nice guy, but again he made an apology because he realised he had offended people. To suggest he only did this because he was forced to  or it was due to peer group pressure is a little patronizing. The truth is we will never know the real reason why he apologized but I believe the reason he gave

John Milton 

I agree he does seem like a sincere and very nice guy, but again he made an apology because he realised he had offended people. To suggest he only did this because he was forced to  or it was due to peer group pressure is a little patronizing. The truth is we will never know the real reason why he apologized but I believe the reason he gave

Yeah, I am clearly the one patronizing here. Heh.

Pfeh, some fuzz over a shirt. The guy should've just said "I'm wearing this shirt because **** YOU, i landed a space craft on a comet, that's why" and enjoyed the butthurt soggy knees breaking everywhere.

The thing is people, some people are more awesome than you, and always will be. Even if you will project your hatred for not realizing your goals in life, some people will not only meet them, they will excel at them and be revered by humanity forever. Now go back pretending that you have the toughest job in the world that, accidently enough, no one cares about. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"So once again I can completely understand his apology which he made on own accord"

No. He was bullied, intimidated, harassed, threatened, and pressured into it by a  bunch of evil nazis. If he truly thoguht the shirt was so awful he never would have worn it in the first place.

The fact that feminists and SJWs support such evil tatics doesn't surprise me.

• Like 4

By the way Bruce, what you fail to see is: next time there is an actual legitimate complaint about something a lot of people who see something like this will be less likely to take it seriously because they will have seen that there are people who will jump at literally anything to make a fuss.

By the way Bruce, what you fail to see is: next time there is an actual legitimate complaint about something a lot of people who see something like this will be less likely to take it seriously because they will have seen that there are people who will jump at literally anything to make a fuss.

I'm not 100 % clear on what you mean? Can you give a hypothetical example?

John Milton 

An apology at gunpoint is never a real apology. Just like torture has unreliable results because people will break eventually and just tell you what you want to hear... When you mob someone via news networks and social media they may cave just from the multi-angled pressure. We also don't know if he received internal pressure from his employers which just gives me the picture of a boy folding his arms and aplogizing to his sister because his mother just threatened punishment for the child pulling the sisters hair. Is the boy truly sorry? Maybe, but it is equally likely he is just getting his mom off his back.

I hate to speak for JadedWolf, but I think he is saying that over time these silly explosions, if they continue to be over such "frivolous" things, will inevitably give the public a sort of "boy who cried wolf" syndrome. I can't say I disagree. This constant noise from the net, TV, etc surely cause desensitization over time.

BruceVC: If the scientist guy needs to appologize for his choice of clothing, should rape victims have to do that as well?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy