What you did today

Rosbjerg

Completely redid my fireplace. Took out the ceramic logs and log holder thing, swept out all the lava rock and silica sand, replaced the gas feed to the burner and then put it back together. But instead of replacing the logs and holder we went with 1/4" fireplace glass rocks (copper and bronze color) and I installed a mirror finish stainless steel reflector on the back and sides. It came out awesome and the reflector really throws a lot of heat back into the room. Now I just need a new bear skin rug for in front. /giggity

When you say you " redid your fireplace " did you do this work yourself or did you pay someone to actually do it for you ?

The description of work is by someone who did it himself, surely. It's oozing with manly self-industrious pride. 8)   

Okay you probably right, the reason I asked is I'm really not good at DIY so I'm an admirer of people who have the skill to do this type of work themselves

Lol, as MISO correctly deduced, I did the work myself.

Im actually very handy with regards to DIY mechanical and electrical work. If its simple I can usually just look at it and figure it out and if its more complex I'll break down and RTFM. 

• Like 1

Today, after months of "personal affairs" attended to, I returned to the Obsidian fora. Hope everyone is well, I missed this crazy place. :biggrin:

...I see I missed the PoE beta start. Don't want to spoil myself, but I'll have to at least check it out a little.

...the only game I've tried in the past 6-ish months is Borderlands Prequel, and I wasn't very impressed.

...my black kittah is still adorable, despite his fetish for my feet and leaving torn paper shreds everywhere.

...hubby and I seem to actually be heading for early retirement. If you'd told me 15 years ago that this was even remotely possible for us, I'd have laughed.

:cat:

• Like 10
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Today, after months of "personal affairs" attended to, I returned to the Obsidian fora. Hope everyone is well, I missed this crazy place. :biggrin:

...I see I missed the PoE beta start. Don't want to spoil myself, but I'll have to at least check it out a little.

...the only game I've tried in the past 6-ish months is Borderlands Prequel, and I wasn't very impressed.

...my black kittah is still adorable, despite his fetish for my feet and leaving torn paper shreds everywhere.

...hubby and I seem to actually be heading for early retirement. If you'd told me 15 years ago that this was even remotely possible for us, I'd have laughed.

Welcome back, you have been missed :cat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Reading between the lines I deduce that the last three months have involved you being lead into the trackless depths of the Peruvian rainforest by your cat, which is a reincarnated princess with a foot fetish. Patchy satellite coverage, and attacks by sweat-stained banditos meant you had little time for gaming. Returning with a fabulous treasure trove of emeralds and vintage National Geographic, you are now looking to settle on a tropical island with a small strangulated sounding dwarf. The island will only be accessible by plane.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 6

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

On one hand, welcome back, LC. On the other hand, one more mod to worry about.

I was actually wondering where the crazy lady was hiding.

And just when TN left too. Damn.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Welcome to bizarro world

ANP-252311841-1024x671.jpg

Apparently this woman is dressed up as 'santas little black helper' which is a ducth tradition.

It's controversial, if you can you imagine that. 

Yes that image is considered racist in South Africa as its likened to the Blackface caricature, I don't agree with it but that's the sentiment amongst many people  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You've been missed! =)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Meanwhile, I'm a gonna leave for a while, due to the move, the new job, and avoiding DAI spoilers until I actually have the time to play it (January?) :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Phew, I thought you were dead. Welcome back LC

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tsk, telling a woman what to do, you misogynist. That thread is a micro aggression against women!

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Last friday, me and the wife met up with Tigranes for dinner. He is very talkative and really nice. Fun was had. He's the one with photographic proof of the event.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Last friday, me and the wife met up with Tigranes for dinner. He is very talkative and really nice. Fun was had. He's the one with photographic proof of the event.

No leftovers posted to me = it didn't happen.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My fingers have gotten to be so much thinner that my wedding ring kept falling off and I lost it a few days ago.  This morning, my wife found it while we were cleaning the house!  Huzzah!  Now I'm going to wear it on my middle finger because it stays there better.  We'll get it resized eventually.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hey, Cant. :)

...hubby stopped wearing his ring because it kept falling off in the swimming pool in our old house. Since he wasn't wearing his, I figured I didn't have to wear mine. :p Ours were very cheap silver rings bought so we'd have something at the cheap ceremony. We were never into jewelry...but hubby is still very fond of his cheap ring, symbolically, even if he doesn't wear it, periodically asking me if I still have them stored somewhere (yes, of course). One day I mean to get us some decent titanium rings, but I'm not sure he'd wear it because it wouldn't be "the one". I'll have to come up with a special event to make him fond of a new one. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts