What you did today

Rosbjerg

Can I ask what America was voting for? I saw a million tweets saying "I voted" but nobody actually saying what they voted for.

A mix of everything other than the President. From local jurisdiction representatives to Senators.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I voted. And I wager many of you would disapprove of my choices.... tough titty!  :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I didn't see a single libertarian on the ballot!  Thankfully Jerry Brown is actually a fiscal conservative with libertarian leanings.  So I went with him and a bunch of Republicans.

Except for the Superintendent of Education, I had to go with the guy who actually taught for 15 years.  Why would the Republicans put some guy with no classroom experience who sat on the board at a charter school up for the biggest education post in the state?  Did they just want to concede it? 

Republicans will have the majority in both houses of Congress next year. Thank God, Barack Obama is finally neutralized. He can still do damage but his power is significantly reduced.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I didn't see a single libertarian on the ballot!  

We had four. I voted for three of them. I voted for Lamar Alexander because control of the Senate is very important.

Thomas Sowell

Did you vote for Ron Swanson?

I did.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Republicans will have the majority in both houses of Congress next year. Thank God, Barack Obama is finally neutralized. He can still do damage but his power is significantly reduced.

I'm sure they'll think of a few of their buddies they can bail out with your money. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Finally got my furniture and stuff and "officially" moved into my new place yesterday. Now I just need to go shopping for some "essentials" like some lamps, curtains/windowblinds and a kitchen. My colleages say I can get it all at Ikea.

Internet is ordered, but no idea when it becomes available. Germany was probably the only country in the world where I couldn't use my existing dsl modem (it being Annex A and Germany being Annex B exclusively). Hope it wont take too long. Plenty of unpacking and rummaging through old stuff to do in the meantime. It's just a bit tricky without light (one of the bathrooms had a lamp and found an old wall lamp that is currently lying on the floor spreading as much light as possible) :)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Man, trying to use Linkedin and it's very business minded isn't it? It's interesting and all, but I've done way too many unquantifiable things, my CV looks like a swiss cheese had a date with a drill.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Man, trying to use Linkedin and it's very business minded isn't it? It's interesting and all, but I've done way too many unquantifiable things, my CV looks like a swiss cheese had a date with a drill.

Yeah, mine looks like a debutante's dance card.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I really think LinkedIn is one of those strange forms of social media that I question it effectiveness and real value at times

I regularly get people endorsing me for technologies I don't know and I get people I hardly know expecting me to endorse them on something I don't know they are really competent on

There are some good work based  forum discussions I use on LinkedIn and I use it  to remind me of certain peoples names and there job function. Also I have had some initial job offers through LinkedIn so its not all bad :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Winter is here. I've taken out my boots and winter jacket from the depths of my closet. Woke up and everything was white. Now, my depression truly starts.

Screen_Shot_2012-09-13_at_9.39.39_AM.png

Would you prefer living in a country with no snow, like South Africa?

We have this probably naïve view of how much fun it would be living in a country with snow

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Everything in moderation, we love snow here - but then we only have to deal with it for 2 months at most.. Living in a near constant blizzard (as northern Scandinavia can be when it's worst), is not that fun.

Also Labadal immigrated here as far as I remember? - not growing up with the darkness and the cold probably makes it a bit worse too.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Winter is here. I've taken out my boots and winter jacket from the depths of my closet. Woke up and everything was white. Now, my depression truly starts.

We have this probably naïve view of how much fun it would be living in a country with snow

I can live with the snow. I have done so for 28 years. It's just that I don't like skiing, skating or any other activity involving snow or ice. I have very dry skin so I get rashes very easily and I easily catch a cold. It's how long it is going to stay like this that is depressing. We're looking at another 4-5 month of snow. It's dark when you wake up and dark when you come home from work. Not a very motivating time to be alive. (Last sentence is a joke.)

Ros: I did immigrate but I was one year when we came to Sweden.

Edited by Labadal

Everything in moderation, we love snow here - but then we only have to deal with it for 2 months at most.. Living in a near constant blizzard (as northern Scandinavia can be when it's worst), is not that fun.

Also Labadal immigrated here as far as I remember? - not growing up with the darkness and the cold probably makes it a bit worse too.

Yeah you right, it can't be pleasant ?

John Milton 

I can live with the snow. I have done so for 28 years. It's just that I don't like skiing, skating or any other activity involving snow or ice. I have very dry skin so I get rashes very easily and I easily catch a cold. It's how long it is going to stay like this that is depressing. We're looking at another 4-5 month of snow. It's dark when you wake up and dark when you come home from work. Not a very motivating time to be alive. (Last sentence is a joke.)

Ros: I did immigrate but I was one year when we came to Sweden.

Are you originally from Armenia? I'm not sure if its you or someone else that mentioned that

John Milton 

Yeah you right, it can't be pleasant ?

I'll admit, it's actually nice with snow a lot of the days. The problem is when you have 20 cm of snow and the wind is blowing like hell is going to break loose and you can't do anything but sigh and move on. It's very pretty, with everything being white. Getting home from work and just relaxing at home feels even better after a hard days work. As Rosbjerg said, it's mostly about how long it lasts and that some days can be really bad. Christmas without snow is weird. We had that a few years ago and it didn't feel right.

I do admit that living in Hawaii would not be bad, not bad at all.

Maybe I'd even live in St. Petersburg as I've heard that there is a lot more investing going on there and crime rates are declining.  :p

Brucie: My parents are Assyrian http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_people

Edited by Labadal
  • Like 1

Maybe I'd even live in St. Petersburg as I've heard that there is a lot more investing going on there and crime rates are declining.

I was there in july and the weather was gorgous - talking to the local guide he said they had (at best) 65 days of sun a year!!

Coupled with the fact that everyone looked so depressed that even I started feeling down... yeah, not gonna live in Russia.. ever..

The fruity Summer Palace was a plus though,

petersburg%20peterhof.jpg

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.