What you did today

Rosbjerg

Day #10 of not eating any sweets, pastries and so on. Also only drinking water and milk. Urge to lose the challenge rising. I will not lose, I must not lose.

Very impressive, how much weight have you lost ?

I've lost, uh...lost? Replace lost with gained and I might be able to answer your question!  :lol:

That's strange, it sounds like you are eating very healthily....and weight loss is 70-80 %  diet?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Day #10 of not eating any sweets, pastries and so on. Also only drinking water and milk. Urge to lose the challenge rising. I will not lose, I must not lose.

I've lost, uh...lost? Replace lost with gained and I might be able to answer your question!  :lol:

That's strange, it sounds like you are eating very healthily....and weight loss is 70-80 %  diet?

I'm not really dieting, though. Just left out some unhealthy crap but at the same time, usually during this time of year, I gain about 2-3 kg because I don't really get a lot of movement. I rarely go outside if I don't have something planned. So far, I haven't gained those 2-3 kgs, so that's a plus. I also only eat two times a day (for the past 4 months), and that's probably not the best thing to do, but what the hey, it feels good so far.

• Like 1

I also have set my plans for New Years Eve. Will be at a party. There's going to be great food, drinks and they hired some DJ that I don't remember the name of. Now that that's set, I can stop thinking about that for now. Issue now is what to buy people for Christmas. I lack imagination. We mostly don't gift each other stuff and just hang out instead, but I wanted to shake things up a little.

Passed the bar exam. Realized that my 6yo 40" Sony needs to be retired soon, the old CI version is starting to give me all kinds of issues as networks get updated. Sad, it's been my most successful relationship of the past ~10 years, having outlasted many casual encounters and some serious involvements :p

• Like 10

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You can't see it Nep but I'm drinking a toast to you right now. And it's the good stuff too! Congrats!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Passed the bar exam. Realized that my 6yo 40" Sony needs to be retired soon, the old CI version is starting to give me all kinds of issues as networks get updated. Sad, it's been my most successful relationship of the past ~10 years, having outlasted many casual encounters and some serious involvements :p

I have issues with my TV, too. Don't really buy a new one, but I don't have much choice if I don't want to play my PS4 on the Vita for the next few months.

Slept at the hospital for observation for my sleep troubles (current theory: sleep apnea) and I should finally be getting some results on it monday. I also started the process of moving to a new apartment with my girlfriend, got the keys yesterday and spent most of the day cleaning the place and moving stuff in.

I finally figured out why my RV was not passing smog.  It was the gas cap, it was not sealing properly and was causing a fail on the evaporation test.   :facepalm:

Ah well, nice to have that mystery solved.  Only cost $20 and the price of the smog test.

• Like 1

Passed the bar exam. Realized that my 6yo 40" Sony needs to be retired soon, the old CI version is starting to give me all kinds of issues as networks get updated. Sad, it's been my most successful relationship of the past ~10 years, having outlasted many casual encounters and some serious involvements tongue.png

Congratulations and condolences Nep.

Today I contemplated renting from my parents until I finish my BA for $500 a month. It's less than I would spend on an apartment with a roommate(and the one's I've had have been pretty bad) and I would really like to buckle down and finish without financial concerns being an issue.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I finally figured out why my RV was not passing smog.  It was the gas cap, it was not sealing properly and was causing a fail on the evaporation test.   :facepalm:

Ah well, nice to have that mystery solved.  Only cost $20 and the price of the smog test.

Same here, never failed before, until last week when the Service Engine Soon light lit up, the same month registration is due. It's like they plan it this way. Had to replace an oxygen sensor to pass. $350 plus the price of the test. Now I'm extra super duper pumped my brother gifted me a copy of Inquisition. Heck yeah, bro.  

All Stop. On Screen.

One nice thing to know is you can pay your registration and avoid late fees without getting the smog done, they just send you a letter saying they won't send the tags until the smog is done.  Since I don't drive the RV regularly, I sat on it for a couple months until I had the time and the money to fix anything big.  I got lucky that it was small.

Obviously this won't work for a primary vehicle.  :(

There are two important things to remember regarding diet and weight. How much weight you'll put on from eating stuff is mostly genetics. It's not just about eating the right things, it's about how much you eat. Sure eating poorly will have bad effects on your general health, but eating more than what you need is what will make you put on weight, which isn't necessarily bad.

Additionally to the actual classic cramming bar exam, admittance also requires participation in a mock trial (and some other stuff), for which I've been prepping over the past two nights. I've reached the age or lack of fitness where ~3 nights of minimal sleep completely wrecks me. I need to start getting serious again about physical fitness before I get kids. :p

• Like 2

My uncle got some Bane looking device he had to wear while sleeping because of that. I've had trouble sleeping for years but haven't really done anything about it.

A CPAP device or somesuch, I believe. If it turns out I have it, I might get one of those, or I might get double surgery to remove some of my tongue and fix my deviated septum? Or somesuch? I dunno, I won't know until I discuss the results with a doctor. If I don't have it I'm guessing the only option left with my sleep issues is that it's psychological, which would mean more therapy. Yaaaaay.

Took out both my TVs to the backyard and shot them in the neck.

Two new Sony Bravias in da house, the 50" one has been set up. Going to deal with the 60" one later. One for upstairs and one for downstairs.

No new computer until next winter it is, then.

Took out both my TVs to the backyard and shot them in the neck.

Two new Sony Bravias in da house, the 50" one has been set up. Going to deal with the 60" one later. One for upstairs and one for downstairs.

No new computer until next winter it is, then.

To paraphrase Cespenar, "Ooo... big screen, that. You overcompensating, maybe?" ;)

I'm just sore because the 48w605 is going to be the best I can afford at the moment :D

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm going with the 48 mostly because it's reviewed very well for the picture, doesn't have any (to me) unnecessary stuff like 3d and apparently boots a lot faster than the higher end sony models of this year. If there was a bigger model in that series, I'd definitely be interested.