Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

You get 27 Freedom Points™.  These points may or may not be redeemable for...  something in the future.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That game was so insenitive to illiterate people.

umm why are you typing it there, go out and tell them (if they are not deaf at the same time)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Interview with Liana K

She makes some pretty good points about attention whoring and that it's not just people on the anti-GG side doing it, there are people on the pro-GG side that are just piggybacking off this to gain attention and expand their influence.  Such is always the case with any continuing scandal that gains enough traction.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Interview with Liana K

She makes some pretty good points about attention whoring and that it's not just people on the anti-GG side doing it, there are people on the pro-GG side that are just piggybacking off this to gain attention and expand their influence.  Such is always the case with any continuing scandal that gains enough traction.

She was on Pakman's show as well.

http://youtu.be/OflBPs49vok

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I can't really take Ms Lianna K seriously after her stating the female characters of the Witcher 2 are never shown to be hurt, despite Triss screaming in torment as she is transformed, Philippa's eyes being torn out, Loredo's mother being decapitated, the Trollwife being slaughtered, Sile exploding into gobbets of flesh, Moril being raped and abused for years etcetera, etcetera. The young lady just seems to cherry pick content to fit her own agenda, and discard everything that does not in almost exactly the same manner as Ms Sarkeesian. It's a rather pervasive form of judgement that's becoming more and more fashionable it seems.

Her racist rhetoric towards eastern Europeans I find quite irritating as well, it's very popular to indulge in such demonisation, but I personally find it cheap, nasty and lazy.

Edit: I have to admit I also think she's guilty of piggybacking on GG just as much as those she is accusing.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I don't have to agree with everything someone says to agree with some things they say.

Cosigned.  I definitely don't agree with everything Liana K says, but that doesn't stop me from agreeing with other points.  Heck, I agree with some points Sarkeesian makes, I just think she also misrepresents things and sensationalizes and overall does more harm than good.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I don't have to agree with everything someone says to agree with some things they say.

A fair point.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Tea for the teapot!

I have to say kinda unimpressive interview. I would have asked what the TFYC guy felt about the fact all mainstream video game journalism sites wouldn't post anything about them? That still is the most glaring thing about these gaming sites. Once your clique becomes more important than the cause you claim your clique is about you have lost all credibility. 

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I have to say kinda unimpressive interview. I would have asked what the TFYC guy felt about the fact all mainstream video game journalism sites wouldn't post anything about them? That still is the most glaring thing about these gaming sites. Once your clique becomes more important than the cause you claim your clique is about you have lost all credibility.

While I'm disappointed, I think they covered more in that interview than the Chu interview which was pretty much "ZOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" as the response to every question.

I wonder who will be interviewed next? I hope Oliver Campbell gets another shot after cancelling because butthurt(his joke not mine).

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I can't really take Ms Lianna K seriously after her stating the female characters of the Witcher 2 are never shown to be hurt, despite Triss screaming in torment as she is transformed, Philippa's eyes being torn out, Loredo's mother being decapitated, the Trollwife being slaughtered, Sile exploding into gobbets of flesh, Moril being raped and abused for years etcetera, etcetera. The young lady just seems to cherry pick content to fit her own agenda, and discard everything that does not in almost exactly the same manner as Ms Sarkeesian. It's a rather pervasive form of judgement that's becoming more and more fashionable it seems."

*yawn* A few women are treated poorly and oh noes EVIL MISOGNY... How many males were treated poorly in Twitcher 2? And, why do you only cherry pick about female victims?

You are no better than than this character or Sarkessian.

Violence occurs against women AND men.  Neither gender has an exclusivity contract on it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The McIntoshZone is frighteningly insane. I hope we find out he has a drug problem or something, cause posting that sober is......strange.