Drama and games journalism, soggy leg joint edition

Tale

Oh btw, clock still ticking for journalists: https://twitter.com/jayd3fox/status/524306700732346368

You would think Gawker had learn something, but no. Now the two heroes are attacking Christina Sommers.

07bb0abf80.png

She can't promote her own book? What she should have done then? Claim harassment, run away from home and set up a patreon account? 

• Like 4

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Yeah, I saw that happen in my feed. Why she felt the need to actually acknowledge people who are essentially high level trolls I don't understand.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize I've seen these things before. I recall that Disney's movie "Frozen" got some serious criticism from Gawker media because it was based on scandinavian Sami elements but featured no Sami people as everyone in it was white

This is what the majority of the Sami people look like:

Lovozero+scene+2009_550x366.jpg

Edited by TrueNeutral

Ah, everyone on Twitter are such ****, it's great.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And I hoped that it had stopped, but it is back to fill my twitter feed

This time we got article that supports gamergate that delve into how hate from both side obscures real purpose of gamergate, but article don't have clear focus point, but seem to try cover all issues that bother writer.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/gamergate-hate-affects-both-sides-so-how-about-we-end-it

Yeah, I saw that happen in my feed. Why she felt the need to actually acknowledge people who are essentially high level trolls I don't understand.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize I've seen these things before. I recall that Disney's movie "Frozen" got some serious criticism from Gawker media because it was based on scandinavian Sami elements but featured no Sami people as everyone in it was white

Did they actually think that the Sami weren't white? I suspect more of the regular old click-bait inanity instead.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Did they actually think that the Sami weren't white? I suspect more of the regular old click-bait inanity instead.

People for some reason link all indigenous populations, regardless where they are from, to be people of color, even though Sámi people belong same population speaking Finno-Ugric languages as Finss, Estonians and Hungarians, with that difference that they have mixed less with Indo-European populations.  

Edited by Elerond

That lady in the middle wearing the gold color dress is a spitting image of our retired secretary. Freaky.

She looks like a librarian from my high school. Maybe she just has lots of time on her hands.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/disneys-frozen-whitewashing-controversy

It's knowyourmeme, but it's sourced.

:facepalm:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've read things you people would not believe.

Attacks on widows, still shouldering the grief of their partners passing.

I watched special snowflakes, demanding condemnation of gamergate.

All these rags will be gone in time.

Like turds in a sewer.

Time to cease publication.

Edit: Sorry, had to be done.

Edit 2: Tightening up.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 5

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I've read things you people would not believe.

Attacks on widows, still shouldering the grief of their partners passing.

I watched special snowflakes, demanding condemnation on MSNBC.

All those publications will be gone in time.

Like turds in a sewer.

Time to cease publication.

Edit: Sorry, had to be done.

Hitting the spirits again?

Cuz I never stopped.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Yesterday it was BMW, today it was Adobe that dropped their support for Gawker. 

Also, i learned a new silly phrase today: "Internalized Misogyny". Such stupidity can only come from a university campus.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The sheer magnitude of the sexism and racism on the anti-gamergate side is astounding

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sexist and racist feminists always invent new words to absh people people 'cause they are hateful that way. If you are a woman who disagrees with them you are 'internalized misogny'. Like that's really a thing. LMAO Espicially in 2014 in the western world where you ahve access to media of all types.

"The sheer magnitude of the sexism and racism on the anti-gamergate side is astounding"

Not really. They have a alrge contigent of white males and they are run by feminists. The very word is sexist.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Latest thing from twitter

Why #Gamergaters Piss Me The F*** Off

Chris Kluwe played in the NFL for eight years, but he’s been a gamer for 26 — and he’s sick and tired of the misogynistic culture in today’s gaming community. Article/blog/open letter/rant/whatever uses language that would not be allowed in this forum.

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/why-gamergaters-piss-me-the-f-off-a7e4c7f6d8a6

Edited by Elerond

I don't think an NFLer shoudl be throwing stonea t anyone.  Mr. Kluwe knows what kind of cultture the NFL relishes right? And, if gamers are misognyists what does that make the NFL? I mean, there isn't even one female NFler but plenty of female gamers. WHO IS SEXIST NOW!?!

\

Also, notice, how, he just happens to be a white male. One of the few in the NFL. HAHAHA!

"We are winning the culture war. There are multiple TV shows about nerds as role models. For ****’s sake, in House of Cards, Kevin Spacey plays a goddamn U.S. Representative who relaxes by playing first-person shooters!"

yeah, because feminists and SJWs - whose side he supposedly is on - lotahes those type of games. :p

That article is garbage. It explains why he only lasted 8 seasons. :p

"I hope you all, every #Gamergater, picks up a debilitating case of genital warts."

L0LZ Anti bullying. :p

I also notice he baltantly ignores female gameing gaters. HAHA!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Chris Kluwe played in the NFL for eight years, but he’s been a gamer for 26 — and he’s sick and tired of the misogynistic culture in today’s gaming community. Article/blog/open letter/rant/whatever uses language that would not be allowed in this forum.

Way to miss the point.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Way to miss the point.

Well he did play for the Vikings.

• Like 2

Hypocrisy is the engine that drives the SJW. The SJW wears the cloak of duplicity, the sword of inaccuracy and the shield of sanctimony. Even when the engine is turned off, you can still hear the whining.

No ****.

I find it hilarious that a group of largely white straight dudes drone on and on about representation of women and minorities while doing **** all about getting more women and minorities into whatever is in question. I suppose its easier to take offense at the lack of minority artists at a panel than to support products made by actual minority artists.

I mean if you wanted to get more women into gaming, wouldn't supporting the games made by women be a better move than spinning a narrative of how gaming is hostile to women? Wouldn't highlighting women who have succeeded in the industry be a better motivator than whipping out statistics and proceeding to vigorously wag your finger at an ill-defined target?

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

Hypocrisy is the engine that drives the SJW. The SJW wears the cloak of duplicity, the sword of inaccuracy and the shield of sanctimony. Even when the engine is turned off, you can still hear the whining.

No ****.

I find it hilarious that a group of largely white straight dudes drone on and on about representation of women and minorities while doing **** all about getting more women and minorities into whatever is in question. I suppose its easier to take offense at the lack of minority people at a panel than to support products made by actual minority artists.

I mean if you wanted to get more women into gaming, wouldn't supporting the games made by women be a better move than spinning a narrative of how gaming is hostile to women? Wouldn't highlighting women who have succeeded in the industry be a better motivator than whipping out statistics and proceeding to vigorously wag your finger at an I'll-defined target?

How about at least not trying to sabotage groups like TFYC who are trying to do something about it?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.