Questions to the Devs

i heard about something called force crush...how is it going to work?

Thats for the romances in Kotor2.

If you bungle the dialogue and are left out in the cold, you can use the force to make your partner fall in love with you again.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Has it been said how many new saber colors would be added? The EGM article said there would be new colors but none were shown. I doubt what the actual colors are will be said for awhile yet,if at all. But I was wondering if the exact number has been said.

Has it been said how many new saber colors would be added? The EGM article said there would be new colors but none were shown. I doubt what the actual colors are will be said for awhile yet,if at all. But I was wondering if the exact number has been said.

not to my knowledge, I'm not sure if they even know just yet.

3: I read in the latest PC Gamer (swedish version) that the companions collected in KotOR2 will be able to go onto adventures of their own. I wonder; how is this going to be done? It sounds like a really cool idea, but I don't know. Is it going to be linked to their "personal quests" and can you, the player, choose to help them out? Or are they just gone until they get back?

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a pretty cool idea. In most cases, in most RPGs, whenever you have a NPC who has some sort of personal quest, you usually wind up doing the quest for them, with them tagging along. For once, I'd love to see you tagging along, where the particular NPC makes most of the decisions(perhaps indirectly affected by your alignment) and maybe even non-controllable. They might even make some pretty stupid mistakes. Do you stick with them, or ditch them when the going gets rough?

3: I read in the latest PC Gamer (swedish version) that the companions collected in KotOR2 will be able to go onto adventures of their own. I wonder; how is this going to be done? It sounds like a really cool idea, but I don't know. Is it going to be linked to their "personal quests" and can you, the player, choose to help them out? Or are they just gone until they get back?

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a pretty cool idea. In most cases, in most RPGs, whenever you have a NPC who has some sort of personal quest, you usually wind up doing the quest for them, with them tagging along. For once, I'd love to see you tagging along, where the particular NPC makes most of the decisions(perhaps indirectly affected by your alignment) and maybe even non-controllable. They might even make some pretty stupid mistakes. Do you stick with them, or ditch them when the going gets rough?

I think they just got the info of KOTOR2 and Biowares Jade Empire messed up there.. Jade Empires lets you send out your party members on missions but I haven't heard that KOTOR2 will use that system. My take on this is that Swedish PC Gamer is talking out of their ass as they do about 99% of the time <_<

One thing that I would have liked in KOTOR was a more serious darkside game.

The idea of a Sith Lord robbing a widow on the street of her credits was ridiculous. I know that that was supposed to be a character test, but it was silly for someone playing a darkside game. Most of the character tests as they releated to the darkside game were silly. Why would a Sith be in the street robbing people like a common thug?

There were also limited options and responses for the darkside game.

The darkside character tests and the game should have been more suited to the nature of the character.

For example, wouldn't it have been a better test of the darkside for the Revan character to be able to recruit more than just lighside characters?

Why not recruit Yuthura, Darth Bandon, Uthar, or perhaps even Jurak(Uthar's former master gone insane) as a counter to the Jolee character?

Recruiting these evil characters would have provided for a more rounded and balanced gaming experiance.

When I played the darkside game I knew that once I had fully accepted that I was the Dark Lord I was going to be allowed to come back to the Jedi Academy on Dantooine and confront the Jedi Masters Vandar, Zhar, Dorak and the ever disapproving Master Vrook in a huge showdown among Jedi and Sith!

Imagine Darth Bandon and Yuthrura battling along side you instead of Juhani and Jolee?

When that didn't happen I felt so absolutely cheated!!! :angry:

I also thought that the first time I played the darkside game that I was going to gain control of Admiral Saul's Star Destroyer and his crew after he was defeated.

Who wouldn't have wanted to be the Dark Lord of the Sith pacing across the bridge of his own Star Destroyer and then completing the missions with the Leviathan instead of the Ebon Hawk?

The reason why I thought this was going to happen for the dark side game was because once you realized you were the Dark Lord you could then declare it. The Leviathan crew would be like, "Revan is back!!" and would join you against Malak who betrayed you.

But the developers didn't take those steps to make the darkside game as rounded and the lightside game.

Instead you walk around telling people you are Revan and they all break out into laugh attacks or just ignore you completely!!

You are traveling with a party of lightsiders who object to what you are doing, but kill people right along side you. Why couldn't you recruit darkside characters like Bandon after you defeat him?

I said all that to say this. I hope the developers will give us a more rounded dark side game this time instead of just a carbon copy of the lighside game which is a far more enjoyable experiance for being thorough.

Servent of Eru:

"He is to Candyman what Squarenix males are to Max Payne."

Candyman? Squarenix?

" 2. He is THE MOST USELESS party member in the game."

After I became a Jedi, I spent most of my fights alone or with Bastila or HK-47. I don't remember Carth being that useless but, then again, I never paid attention.

" He is made in the image personality-wise of Darth Woo, that is worthy of hate in it's own respect."

Who is Darth Woo?

" The Bioweenies made it so that you could only have the pleasure of killing his ass if you were playing as a fem PC, who followed through with the romance dialogues; which is also unfortunately the setting you're most likely to develop a fondness for him."

I think that the majority of female *players* would prefer Canderous (Your Candyman?) to Carth. It's interesting how male-romance NPCs always seem a bit bland when compared to their female counterparts. As the majority of game creators are male, I always thought they'd make the male romance NPC more James Bond/Dirty Harry/Spike like.

" P.S. I assume you're an Asimov fan from your screenname, but I could be wrong. Please confirm or allay my suspicions"

I based the screen name on a character in Shakespeare's 'The Tempest' but I know what book you're referring to and, yes, I am an Asimov fan.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

About time a dev cleared this up. But I've read eslewhere that there will be companion-specific missions, like the Leviathan sequence in KotOR 1.

Correct. There will be points in the games where certain companions (or a group of companions you select) branch off and accomplish side missions. The effect is intended to be like the sequence on the Death Star in Episode IV, where Luke, Obi-Wan, and the Droids all go about seperate missions, then reunite later on. It was done a little less effectively at the end of Episode I, but you get the idea.

About time a dev cleared this up. But I've read eslewhere that there will be companion-specific missions, like the Leviathan sequence in KotOR 1.

Correct. There will be points in the games where certain companions (or a group of companions you select) branch off and accomplish side missions. The effect is intended to be like the sequence on the Death Star in Episode IV, where Luke, Obi-Wan, and the Droids all go about seperate missions, then reunite later on. It was done a little less effectively at the end of Episode I, but you get the idea.

I wonder if you get the oppurtunity to control a Sith Lord thats OPPOSING your character?

Does an NPC's opinion of you change according to how you treat him/her? In the original game I could be a jerk to everybody and they all acted like I was going through a phase and ignored it. Since you mentioned that you're effect on someones dark/light meter was determined by your standing with them would mean that I, as a dark Sith perhaps, could make an NPC go toward the lightside by making them oppose me?

I suck at swoop racing and feel that I was never able to fully complete KotOR1 as a result. Is there any chance of independent difficulty settings for each mini game so you can adjust them to your ability level without needing to dial down the RPG elements?

Will that mean that you won't know what they have accomplished in their seperate tasks untill you meet up with them again, or will you be performing their missions one at a time?

Is there any specific reason why our character will not be a species other than human? I mean I am like most people, I like more options, but if being a different species would interfere with the plot then I could see why there arent other species.

Honestly, although it would interfere with the plot, it's mostly a question of time. We're already pushing the limit for what we can do as is.

Maybe in KotOR III huh? :)

Dereth:

"Does an NPC's opinion of you change according to how you treat him/her? In the original game I could be a jerk to everybody and they all acted like I was going through a phase and ignored it. Since you mentioned that you're effect on someone's dark/light meter was determined by your standing with them would mean that I, as a dark Sith perhaps, could make an NPC go toward the lightside by making them oppose me?"

Yes and maybe. Some NPCs will eagerly follow you down the light and dark paths and others will oppose you if you move to far from their ideal.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I suck at swoop racing and feel that I was never able to fully complete KotOR1 as a result. Is there any chance of independent difficulty settings for each mini game so you can adjust them to your ability level without needing to dial down the RPG elements?

No mini-game is critical path. There may be times where "failing" a mini-game may have other consequences, but it won't stop the game or penalize you.