Godlike.

I am going to revise some of the Godlike appearances based on your suggestions, Moon and Fire will get their hair along with other aesthetic adjustments, and possibly more variants. Because Godlike use a different system typical hair/tinting variation does not work well with them, so it would make sense to have more variants in general. We'll have to see how much time we have to devote to them vs. other updates. Right now new hair styles for males and females are being worked on, and then Godlike will be next. 

• Like 16

I am going to revise some of the Godlike appearances based on your suggestions, Moon and Fire will get their hair along with other aesthetic adjustments, and possibly more variants. Because Godlike use a different system typical hair/tinting variation does not work well with them, so it would make sense to have more variants in general. We'll have to see how much time we have to devote to them vs. other updates. Right now new hair styles for males and females are being worked on, and then Godlike will be next. 

New hairstyles for other characters and Godlike variants. That is awesome! Thank you for replying in this thread. I understand there are a lot of things to do and this is not a priority, but I appreciate that you are considering our suggestions and opinions.

sign.jpg

I love you. <3

Aww, I kinda wanted all of them(well, okay, Nature and Death ones aren't really ugly, nor are fire ones, moon ones are) to be kinda ugly.

But yeah, more head variations sound awesome. My personal hope is that there is at least one death godlike variant where the head growth thing covers whole face *_*

Who needs a helmet when you have an entire colonies of bees nesting on top of your head?

New Godlike active racial - Unleash a swarm of bees from your head to damage nearby enemies.

Does critical damage to Nicholas Cage enemy types.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

New hairstyles for other characters and Godlike variants. That is awesome! Thank you for replying in this thread. I understand there are a lot of things to do and this is not a priority, but I appreciate that you are considering our suggestions and opinions.
Please keep the death godlikes "weird." I've fallen in love with my big-backwards-horned-death godlike character and would hate to have him "pretified" in the final game. Edited by Lasweetlife
  • Like 2

Question: Is it possible for us to modify the models yet? Because, in that case, we could help out with more head variants and similar.

The godlike especially the death godlike are very visually unappealing

No one will want to stick with a death godlike for hours of gameplay

I do.

• Like 5

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I would.

Honestly? I was a bit disappointed in the diversity. Avellone always states he hates elves and wanted to avoid cliches, but here we are with elves, dwarves and humans and it feel similar to any fantasy game ever. (Mind you this isn't a MASSIVE concern or complaint for me, it's just they didn't deliver in that regard) Was also disappointed to see the originality of one of the new races was basically that it was the Na'vi from Avatar.

As it stands, the Godlike are the first truly unique race amongst the bunch, and it's refreshing to see something new, even if they are butt-ugly. My first character test drive was a Godlike for just that reason.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I'm a bit disappointed there are only four types of godlike (unless that's only for the beta?)

Reading about them initially it sounded like there were about as many types as there are gods, so I was excited about having a wide variety to choose from.

Yeah, I would've expected at least one for each type of planetouched in D&D. I'm biased though, because I really love Aasimar.

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Not all of them are ugly. Since some cultures think they are blessed and others that they are cursed, I hope the reactions are different depending on where you are. Death Godlikes should be treated badly almost everywhere, of course.

Honestly, I could play the game at least three times choosing only the Godlikes (Death, Fire and Moon) and I'd be very satisfied. But I don't think I'll have time for that so I'll probably do it once and try an Orlan when I play again.

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

Totally agree, if my character isn't able to win Miss Eora 2014 I'll be demanding a refund. The death godlikes are rad, hopefully if you play someone that disfigured and creepy looking the rest of the world will take notice, shun you, and the like. Though as long as consistency in the game worlds racism isn't as lacking as in Skyrim I'm happy.

I'm a bit disappointed there are only four types of godlike (unless that's only for the beta?)

Reading about them initially it sounded like there were about as many types as there are gods, so I was excited about having a wide variety to choose from.

Yeah, I would've expected at least one for each type of planetouched in D&D. I'm biased though, because I really love Aasimar.

They have to leave something for the expansion, don't they? ;)

I really like the godlike; their appearance, their lore, basically everything except the actual term 'godlike'. I think Obsidian have done an amazing job with this race / feature of PoE.

I'd love it if we could play the air/feathery Godlike race. Sigh. Also romance, I hope they add that too in the expansion. *crosses fingers*

I'll be happy though with at least one of the Moon Godlike being prettier. I'd actually resigned myself to playing as a Death or Nature Godlike, so I was thrilled when I saw that Moon Godlike would get some hair. <3 Hair! 

With the effects work on the Death, Fire, and Moon Godlike, I kinda understand the lack of skin tinting and such, but the Nature Godlike are pretty static, I was disappointed I couldn't change skin/hair colour.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg