Star Wars Episode 7 Thread

Bokishi

you heard it here first: villain is girl

coswVLP.gif

Direct from the rumor mill.

The Chrome trooper is believed to be Gwendoline Christie.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

One of those films I expect to intensely dislike yet there's always that small chance...so maybe I should see it on the big screen just in case. But I'm usually too lazy to deal with the hassle of a theater even when I think I'd like a movie, let alone when I'm very doubtful.

...maybe I'll just buy an 70" TV and a new speaker system, instead.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Han and Chewbacca at the end was neat. Would have been a nice touch if Chewie had a little grey hair too. Wonder how long a Wookiee's typical lifespan is...

Has it ever occured to you that Wookies might, just might dye their fur when they get older? Check your naked privilege.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Has it ever occured to you that Wookies might, just might dye their fur when they get older? Check your naked privilege.

Chewie is so vain. smh.Aside, according to the Chewbacca wiki page, he's already 200 yo when he joins up with Han!

I don't think anything besides movies are canon anymore.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Chewie is so vain. smh.Aside, according to the Chewbacca wiki page, he's already 200 yo when he joins up with Han!

The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels is canon too.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Yeah, the new stuff from Disney or licensed by them is automatically canon, old stuff automatically isn't though it may be recanonised by being referenced by new stuff.

That's pretty uniform, only grey area pretty much is TOR and whether that counts as 'new' or 'old' (or some weird situation where new content is canon, but old isn't). Currently it's a weird Shrodinger's Canon case, but obviously one very peripheral to the movie series.

Yeah, the new stuff from Disney or licensed by them is automatically canon, old stuff automatically isn't though it may be recanonised by being referenced by new stuff.

That's pretty uniform, only grey area pretty much is TOR and whether that counts as 'new' or 'old' (or some weird situation where new content is canon, but old isn't). Currently it's a weird Shrodinger's Canon case, but obviously one very peripheral to the movie series.

The Old Republic isn't canon.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I'm always reminded of a new lion king killing the old rivals cubs for some reason when this happens, rather grim image.

Edit: Mr Tobacco looked a little unreal, I wonder if he's CGI and Mr Mayhew has been dispensed with.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm looking forward to this, I mean how bad can it be?

It could be as bad as Blade 2.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm expecting much worse.

Akin to a graphic movie about a trio of corpulent hipsters breaking into your house, taking all that you hold dear (trinkets, your dog(s), grandma, comics, wedding bands, etc), piling them all on the bed, then proceeding to defecate chunky, liquid-like, and profusely upon it all. Then happily frolicking to in fro on their sea of poo upon your beloved, making swine look like cleanly animals. All while your deranged and estranged cousin Ed gleefully laughs wide eyed and clownlike, declaring it all a success, and somehow getting rich on it all.

This movie is over two hours long, and you somehow find yourself in it. Try as you might, you can't tear Ed's head off. He suddenly has giant ears that glow to protect him from reality. Try as you might you are somehow unable to move to rescue your beloved people and things from the Triumvirate of Feculence romping and rolling before you. Overcome by the malodor you guiltily turn from your suffering beloved towards the closest window in search of fresh air. You look out the window into a vast sea of zombies that you somehow know are mindless. They shuffle in place, monotonously chanting Ed's name in reverence, as if he is their savior. Their cacophony drowns out your thoughts. Your soul whimpers. The horror continues. After awhile you realize that the zombie's have a harmony that sounds eerily familiar, like one of John Williams' anthems. The crescendo builds, your dog cries out for help, Ed looks euphoric, grandma screams, the hell continues.

You resign to your helplessness and wish it was all just a nightmarish dream you might wake up from, that it really is just a really bad movie. It ends with the promise of sequels and merchandising. You look around you and see others who seem to have had the same experience, interspersed with zombies like you just saw in the film. Mindless, and beaming.

You wish it never happened. You, who never prays, find yourself praying to wake up soon, and that it's really all just a horrifically bad movie in a bad dream.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 2

^ I simply had to tip my hat to that fecal fest, zombie ridden analogy. Bravo!

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

What? Blade 2 is by far the best Blade movie. Anticlimax ending aside, it's the only one with interesting villains and style, and the only one that I actually sold Blade as being the badass he thought he was. It's Guillermo del Toro for godsakes. It may be style over substance but at least it doesn't pretend otherwise like the first one and the abysmal third one which was so focused on Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel that Blade himself could just be written out and the movie would be no different.

What? Blade 2 is by far the best Blade movie. Anticlimax ending aside, it's the only one with interesting villains and style, and the only one that I actually sold Blade as being the badass he thought he was. It's Guillermo del Toro for godsakes. It may be style over substance but at least it doesn't pretend otherwise like the first one and the abysmal third one which was so focused on Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel that Blade himself could just be written out and the movie would be no different.

Every movie with Ryan Reynolds is the worst one.

Every movie with Ryan Reynolds is the worst one.

Take it back!    :bat:

No.