Star Wars Episode 7 Thread

Bokishi

Are that Clone Wars and Rebels cartoon worth watching ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

i liked them. clone wars is practically what you need to watch in order to make sense of the prequels AND it is writen and directed much better.

there is a movie that works like an intro for the series, you should watch that first.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Clone Wars? Yes.

Rebels? Meh.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Clone Wars had a terrible first season and then became really good. Rebels so far has had a mediocre first season punctuated by some cool moments. My favourite episode of Rebels so far was the first episode of season 2, where Vader kicked the Rebels butts without even trying.

in the end they did not show what the purpose of Sidius capturing the elder brother of the Savage siblings alive (after killing the younger) was. maybe it was supposed to have more episodes but they stopped making it?

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

in the end they did not show what the purpose of Sidius capturing the elder brother of the Savage siblings alive (after killing the younger) was. maybe it was supposed to have more episodes but they stopped making it?

The reason and outcome was made into a book. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

"The first scene of the new Star Wars film is going to be Han. Because the first shot is always Han."

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, Luke Skywalker is clearly Captain Phasma.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Luke is Kylo Ren's uncle, who is twin brother to Rey, daughter of Han and Leia. The anguish on Leia's face in the trailer, is knowing the fate of the galaxy--once in the hands of her parents, then her own--now rests with Leia's children who stand on opposing sides of the Force. The ghost of Sebastian Shaw told me everything.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Luke is Kylo Ren's uncle, who is twin brother to Rey, daughter of Han and Leia. The anguish on Leia's face in the trailer, is knowing the fate of the galaxy--once in the hands of her parents, then her own--now rests with Leia's children who stand on opposing sides of the Force. The ghost of Sebastian Shaw told me everything.  

we deserve to be slapped 'cross the face with a mouldering trout.  we were wondering why kevin bacon were relevant to star wars

BaconShaw.jpg

so we needed to google "sebastian shaw" to be realizing that mr. shaw were the face o' vader.

well, we learned something new.  am gonna go take a nap now as, given our advancing decrepitude, learning anything is quite taxing. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That used to be my dominant theory, but now I think Kylo Ren and Rey might be cousins, not siblings.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I mean...C'mon. Harrison Ford in a Hot Dog suit talking up Star Wars. How can you not get excited??

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I mean...C'mon. Harrison Ford in a Hot Dog suit talking up Star Wars. How can you not get excited??

am not certain that "excited" is how we would describe.  am ambivalent 'bout the interview... were he genuine drunk or is he simple getting old?

gotta give him credit for getting into the silly costume for halloween, though if he wanted to dress as a "dog," woulda' been funnier if he dressed as triumph.

y'know, given that he were on kimmel.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So with the new movie coming I decided to watch the old ones again. So I started with Phantom Menace. You know I finally put my finger on what I didn't like about that movie. It was the Trade Federation guys. Really? They are supposed to be the villains? They are bumbling, silly, they look like the little frogs I see down by the river bank. How could they possible be a threat. And they have a robot army with cute expressions like "Rodger Rodger" and "Uh-Oh". They were a joke. And who do we have to face them? And army led by Jar Jar Binks? As the say on ESPN c'mon man!

If the Naboo got taken over by that crew they were way too incompetent to be running a planet in the first place.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

and the funniest part is that they blockade the whole planet with only a ship... how exactly is it so hard to escape the planet if there is only one enemy ship? and why did they not fly to the other side of the planet and tried to break through that one ship in their attempt to leave?

the prequels are a joke on every single scene if you dont shut down your brain completelly before watching them, especialy TPM

Edited by teknoman2

-Teknoman2-

That movie is bad enough without having to completely make up extra reasons to hate it, teknoman2.

TF_Battleship.png

ok, maybe not 1 ship, but still 3/4 of the space around the planet were free of obstructions. nothing prevented them from taking the back door out

-Teknoman2-

Control the high ground?

If you've got enough ships scattered around you can keep a sensor watch on a planet for ships launching from a planet, and combine fire on where they're trying to reach escape velocity and leave the planet's gravity well? Or at least have time enough to flood their likely paths with fighters and general anti-ship weapons.

And it's the Star Wars universe, so they could have a few Mass Generators in orbit to cause issues on people getting into hyperspace..

o O (Just playing devil's advocate)  :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."