Dragon Age: Inquisition vs. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ktchong

If you could choose only one, would you choose Dragon Age: Inquisition or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose only one, which would you choose to buy and play?

• Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

(act 2 in Witcher 2 is one of the bravest decisions ever, brilliant). 

While TW2 got serious downvotes from me for Branching Story, I won't deny that it was a fascinating experiment.

That's just wonderous! For me any RPG worth its salt must have branching content to respect your decisions. Would you prefer the game asked you to chose between a good action A and evil acition B, both of which lead to on-rails outcome Y?

Anyhow, TW3's combat will be too action-y for my taste, and DA:I will just be a baby-first Skyrim clone with creepy romance designed by EA suits, so I won't get either unless by some miracle, a lot of people here say one of those pre-conceptions was wrong. The real poll should be Pillars of Eternity or Divinity Original Sin...

• Like 1

Well, afaik Twitcher has no tacked-on multiplayer, so that's a plus in their book. I mean, if they are going to spend time on content I'm going to miss, I'd rather it be in SP than an unnecessary MP mode ;)

• Like 5

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

As I was saying...

Another business model I refuse to support: BioWare Points.  BioWare Points are the only way to buy the DLCs.  The Points are structured, packaged and priced in exploitative increments so that customers would always have to pay more than we need to acquire the DLCs.  BioWare always makes you buy more Points than you need to grab the DLCs you want.

BioWare Announcement: BioWare Points are not supported by Dragon Age: Inquisition

One down, two to go.  Let see if BioWare will address my other two issues with their current business model.

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 1

(act 2 in Witcher 2 is one of the bravest decisions ever, brilliant). 

While TW2 got serious downvotes from me for Branching Story, I won't deny that it was a fascinating experiment.

That's just wonderous! For me any RPG worth its salt must have branching content to respect your decisions. Would you prefer the game asked you to chose between a good action A and evil acition B, both of which lead to on-rails outcome Y?

I'd be more up for debating with you if you were less condescending.

Damn and blast the wife quite enjoyed Assassins of Kings, have to tell her she wasn't supposed to. Much obliged for the information Ms Qistina, I just hope we haven't voided the EULA.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

"The Witcher is "male only" game, i won't buy"

Why so sexist?

I don't think its sexist to make an informed decision to not play a certain game because of a certain game design decision? Aren't we allowed to play the games we want to?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sure, you can play what you want but if you refuse to play a game because of a certain gender it *is* sexist.

If I say I don't want to play Tomb raider because the character is female that is the very definition of sexist. How is syaing the opposite of Witcher any less sexist? It isn't. It's sexist plain and simple and I loathe it but it's still sexist to say you won't play it because it is 'male only'.

I'm not gonna watch the movie Lucy because it has a female protagonist. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"The Witcher is "male only" game, i won't buy"

Why so sexist?

I do play Halo, the first one, and Unreal 2, both have male main character, both are shooting game so it doesn't really matter, it's not RPG even though it have some RPG elements. But the game like The Witcher, Skyrim and Dragon Age are RPG, i am role playing a character, it's me in the game playing a role, so i don't want to be a male in the "alternate universe", i just can't, so i won't buy it

Sure, you can play what you want but if you refuse to play a game because of a certain gender it *is* sexist.

If I say I don't want to play Tomb raider because the character is female that is the very definition of sexist. How is syaing the opposite of Witcher any less sexist? It isn't. It's sexist plain and simple and I loathe it but it's still sexist to say you won't play it because it is 'male only'.

I'm not gonna watch the movie Lucy because it has a female protagonist. LMAO

If you don't want to buy and play Tomb Rider because the main character is a woman, then it is your choice.

• Like 1

"If you don't want to buy and play Tomb Rider because the main character is a woman, then it is your choice."

Sure. It is my choice. But, I'd be sexist if that was my reason for not wearing. Just like it's an employer's choice not to hire soemone ebcause they are female, right? Ofc oruse, in thatc ase,w e have laws to stop that choice.

We all have choices to make.  To be sexist or not to be sexist.

"it's me in the game playing a role,"

You aren't a TRUE role-player then. Role-playing is about being someone who isn't you ala acting. I role-play female characters , I role-play orcs, I role-play tdwarves, I role-play magic users even though I'm none of those in real life.

"You are really pushing it here."

I'm pushing the truth. If you refuse soemthing because of a specific gender you are a sexist. Period.

\Again, if I refuse to play TB because it has a female protag only it is my choice but it is a sexist choice to make.

It's not complicated, people.

Sexism is sexism.

• Like 1

I'd role play a turtle if it was engaging. I don't understand placing limits on this.

Yes, like if that turtle wete, say, a ninja!!!

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'd role play a turtle if it was engaging. I don't understand placing limits on this.

Yes, like if that turtle wete, say, a ninja!!!

:lol:

Oh you are good

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"If you don't want to buy and play Tomb Rider because the main character is a woman, then it is your choice."

Sure. It is my choice. But, I'd be sexist if that was my reason for not wearing. Just like it's an employer's choice not to hire soemone ebcause they are female, right? Ofc oruse, in thatc ase,w e have laws to stop that choice.

We all have choices to make.  To be sexist or not to be sexist.

"it's me in the game playing a role,"

You aren't a TRUE role-player then. Role-playing is about being someone who isn't you ala acting. I role-play female characters , I role-play orcs, I role-play tdwarves, I role-play magic users even though I'm none of those in real life.

Not hiring someone based on gender is sexist, not buying a game because it have male only main character to play is not sexism

Role playing is playing a role, just because someone cannot or don't want to role play the opposite gender doesn't make that person a sexist.

I don't want to role play a turtle

"Its your personal choice if you choose to play a certain game, there are many reasons  that people don't play games.

Lillyhime is not saying " no one  should play this game because there isn't a female protagonist".  She is simply saying she won't play the game. This does not make her a sexist in any way. In life if you are unhappy with the decisions a certain development makes around a game then vote with your wallet by not buying the game.

Once again this is her personal view that  she is entitled to it without being accused of being a sexist"

I agree many reasons people have not to play games and one of those reasons can be sexism. If I say I won't play a game because it's made by a woman that would be sexist. Saying you won't play a game because it is a male (or female) protag is sexist. This is undisputable.

Even sexists have personal views. if I were to say a woman should only be the kitchen (which i don't beleive) that would be sexist and even though it is a personal view I would be called out on it.

Stop trying to pretend what she said isn't sexist 'cause it is.

"Not hiring someone based on gender is sexist, not buying a game because it have male only main character to play is not sexism"

They're both sexist. Making a choice based on gender is sexist. Period. That's a definition of sexism - being biased in favor or against something/someone based on gender.

How is this so complicated to figure out in 2014?

"Not hiring someone based on gender is sexist, not buying a game because it have male only main character to play is not sexism"

They're both sexist. Making a choice based on gender is sexist. Period. That's a definition of sexism - being biased in favor or against something/someone based on gender.

How is this so complicated to figure out in 2014?

Okay, will you wear a bra? if you don't, then you are sexst

• Like 1