A Global Religion

Osvir

So, I have participated a lot in the events in Gaza (debating, discussing, solution-ing etc.) and I have realized that this is much a religious issue as well as a homicidal issue.

Regardless, I had this idea, a new religion. A "Global Religion", that we can globally join together. Feel free to add ideas :)

I don't have a religion that I follow, but I do believe in things, from the theology I have read (I have not read the entirety of Torah, Bible or the Qu'ran but I have caught some of the positive messages in all 3) this is somewhat how it would basically look:

Jesus/Messiah/Yeshua/Buddha/Shiva/Mohammed etc. = Earth (The Prophet)
God/Allah/Yah/Yahweh etc. = Sun (The Omnipresent Authority Figure, a.k.a. The OAF)
Holy Mother = Every mother on the planet (The Caretaker of Life)
Holy Father = Every father on the planet (The Giver of Life)
Holy Spirit = The Essence of Life: Every child, infant, on the planet (The Future of Life) the conceiving of children by the Holy Mother and the Holy Father

"The 3 Commandments" or "The 3 Earthly Goals":

1. "You shall not hurt or bring suffering to any other human being in any possible way"

(Humanism)

2. "You shall not hurt or bring suffering to any other animal being in any possible way" 
(Vegetarism)

3. "You shall develop, guard and bring prosperity to the Earth and honor it"
(Globalism)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Where are my virgins?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I have the feeling that back in time a few "humans" with to much time ate to much mushrooms and losed their mind. And so we have these religions of today that you can breake down into control of society via brainwash!

And i know that the planet earth dont need a religion... animals dont need that and a stupid rock not in the slightest. But the people in power needed it and they appreciate it very much today too.

so no we dont need any religion but a modern humanism that is based on ONE law and that is "what i dont want anyone does to me i dont do to others". That one rule alone would make our planet a very much better place for all.

And no science and atheism alone leads to KZ like experiments when you dont have a basic understanding of humanism = empathy and undestanding of the living things. Because the religion kills because of superiority and science kills because of advancement! Both are cold theories about the living.

Edited by NWN_babaYaga

I had that feeling too babayaga, but then you have to consider how many scholars and philosophers our world had during and shortly after the Ancient Greek and the beginning of Rome and through the entirety of Rome.

I believe and have the feeling that there were simply too many gods in Greek, Egyptian, Roman, Scandinavian and other religions, so they sat down and discussed and discussed and wrote and wrote. Perhaps they even found "victims" of their scribes to represent and reflect (Jesus, for instance) and taught Jesus to be the "good guy" and taught him their teachings that they learned. As far as we know, the 3 Wise Men could have been going from house to house looking for a newborn baby.

I think the religions Christianity, Judaism and Islam came because people wanted a joint cause, a goal, a purpose and an idea of what humanity was supposed to do here. The three different religions appeared because the Scholars obviously couldn't agree with each other. Just like philosophers to this day agree AND disagree with each other, trying to find new twists.

Isn't it known that Jesus studied in India?

• Like 1

I drink (tea) therefore I am.

I do not believe that a large ball of burning gas in space is a god, neither is a rock orbiting it and the parasites that cling to it are in no way holy. Well i'm not and certainly the ones i've met aren't.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Stardust bro, the sun is a star. We are stardust, hence, the sun is our omnipresent creator.

So the Greek, among others, might simply have given the stars and planets in the skies "names" and worship.

I believe that the Ancient Greek were inspired by the Egyptian Gods, and our modern singular "God" was inspired by previous scriptures and religions (i.e Ra = The Sun God and the All-Father)

If we look at "religion" across the ages, since the Ancient Greek and before, we can see that "religion" has been very compressed in comparison to the olden days. We only have one God today, for instance, in scripture, where previously there were many more.

We see this in Chinese Mythology too.

I think philosophers and scholars simply thought to themselves "Wouldn't the world be better if we just had ONE God instead of like, 30 of them?". I view modern religions faith as a simplification of a past Spiritual Truth and Explanation thereof.

This is how I view the difference between religion and faith.

Religion = Was an attempt at finding some spirituality in our world, nowadays it is a tool to control large populations.
Faith = Individual spirituality that the individual controls him/herself.

I forgot to add this to the ORIGINAL POST, the most important aspect!

The Holy Book of Knowledge, the Bible, of a Global Religion:
- The Internet

Edited by Osvir

Sol isn't omnipresent or unique, we're formed of ever changing particles which so far as we know have only one common progenitor, that being the big bang. I still see no need to worship such things, or worship anything at all. Society should be moving forward not clinging on to religion or whatever new age comfort blankets people choose to cuddle with, whether that's spiritualism, conspiracy theories, the latest fashionable -ism, or alternative medicine.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm going to found a religion upon the principles of vigorous sex and consumption of intoxicants. I call it Awesomanity.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Tea for the teapot!

We should all worship a xenocidal, immobile, megalomaniac and serve him unquestioningly to the point of death.

*nod*

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There is some terribad theology going on in this thread.

Well... And you are an abomination unto Nuggan. So there!

Edited by JadedWolf
  • Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

@Osvir

I agree with you... the egyptian osiris inspired jesus etc. The 12 apostles are the zodiac and so on. (IT´s all in the open now. Check out Bill Donahue on youtube... that guy is worth more then all popes in history! ). It´s all some astronomical and the 7 chakra of the vedics stuff they put down in tales so only a few would understand them and the rest would just do as being told. Even in the ancient times there was a priest class that made use of their inner knowledge. Always the same. Monetizing on knowledge or wisdom meant power and controll and today it´s money.

I thought alot about religion and especialy the history of it and my conclusion is and stays no thank you, a million + lives burned, killed and tortured are enough for a world like this. We dont need it, what we need is education and human empathy. If we would teach our children more about empathy and the gift of live and how to create and not to destroy and just consume maybe we would have less violence and greed. But i doubt it and i will die before that will happen.

But i´m absolutely against a one way education of children that a negative force (god) has created our planet and everything in it. Even heaven and hell must be erased from the memories because there is only one paradise and that is HERE. Garden Eden is our planet and the theory of a later heaven is the cause why they all dont care about the here.

About JEsus... the bible jesus never existed how they wrote it down. THe bible was changed a 100 times i bet and there are theories of this and that about this guy. 2000 years and the christians have not understood his teachings or the 10 commandments. If you lead a corporation that bad you would have been fired 2000 times. So god is not with them and will never show himself to anyone. He must be so embarased because of their stupidity and ignoreance of 10 simple rules and giving knowledge it´s the most epic fail of humanity! You can say that whole religion thing based on the egyptian judaism mix is an epic fail. Native people in the rain forest are way more inspiring then any of these terrible scribbles and messup up mind freaks. I realy think religion is a mental disorder once you belive that stuff. The asylum would be a good place for all fundamental believers because they are dangerous to children and humans!

Yes religion turned humans into creatures with no brain!

Edited by NWN_babaYaga

Sol isn't omnipresent or unique, we're formed of ever changing particles which so far as we know have only one common progenitor, that being the big bang. I still see no need to worship such things, or worship anything at all. Society should be moving forward not clinging on to religion or whatever new age comfort blankets people choose to cuddle with, whether that's spiritualism, conspiracy theories, the latest fashionable -ism, or alternative medicine.

I mean a milder form. Uhm, like, this thread is a bit of a joke~ I don't mean to worship the Earth, the Sun or any of the other components I put in there :p

I am trying to do more or less an objective analytical paralell, a comparison between spirituality and what could physically represent it.

Jesus = Earth (Our Savior)

God = Sun (Omnipresence the first line, not the religious stuff that comes afterwards). Light is everywhere.

Holy Bible = Internet (Knowledge) :p

Earth is our savior, I mean, if we didn't have Earth, we'd be pretty non-existant right? And the sun? A Scientific Scholarly Philosophical Global Religion,

Edited by Osvir

I had a whackjob theory one night staying up too late. God is future humanity. Humanity that has advanced so much technologically that we can create anf transverse space and time with a thought.

With that in mind, worship isn't so important as the drive to become better, to unite humanity, work together to the point that that is possible

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I had a whackjob theory one night staying up too late. God is future humanity. Humanity that has advanced so much technologically that we can create anf transverse space and time with a thought.

With that in mind, worship isn't so important as the drive to become better, to unite humanity, work together to the point that that is possible

Or it's the evil AI that humanity will someday create and that will assume time-travel powers after it enslaves humanity to eternally punish those who struggled against it

Or it's the evil AI that humanity will someday create and that will assume time-travel powers after it enslaves humanity to eternally punish those who struggled against it.

So Ultron then?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Its way too early for a united world because those beyond keyboard like  you and myself have too much to lose by splitting resources equally among everyone on the planet. moreso there are some people around this planet who still haven't reached the same level of understanding of nature and are currently breeding beyond their limits. This directly leads to shortage of food and clean water.

By splitting the resources of the world without a regulation we are putting our world on a fast route towards world hunger and decay.

In the long run, complete globalization is unavoidable and the entire world will be one united community in the end, but don't kid yourself about your ability to influence it or count on it happening any time soon.

Free and renewal energy is the key.

Or it's the evil AI that humanity will someday create and that will assume time-travel powers after it enslaves humanity to eternally punish those who struggled against it

I saw a documentary (don't remember the name) about this dude doing some sort of random pixel theory thing for some scientific cause in code or something like that. It was fairly small the first time I saw it a long time ago. And now it looks like cells, amoebas, structure, movement and communication. But it is really just random code and it becomes... life-like...?

Its way too early for a united world because those beyond keyboard like  you and myself have too much to lose by splitting resources equally among everyone on the planet. moreso there are some people around this planet who still haven't reached the same level of understanding of nature and are currently breeding beyond their limits. This directly leads to shortage of food and clean water.

By splitting the resources of the world without a regulation we are putting our world on a fast route towards world hunger and decay.

In the long run, complete globalization is unavoidable and the entire world will be one united community in the end, but don't kid yourself about your ability to influence it or count on it happening any time soon.

Free and renewal energy is the key.

1. I am not saying that it will happen this day, this moment. We have been waiting for Pillars of Eternity for near 2 years. In a scale, it could be 1:100-1:130. So, in 200-260 years I predict the world will be global. As for food shortage, under regulation, no chance. We have no food shortage, in fact, the world throws away tons of food every year that would feed millions. 

There are a lot of things that will have to be done, such as plan for transportation, organizating, factory distrubitation, productions. New laws to be set etc. etc. regulations. This is a given.

2. Solar Freakin' Roadways