What you did today

Gorth

Happy Birthday boys :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Today I went in my garden and harvested some vegetables and fruits for supper. 

harvest1_zps23d84567.jpg

harvest2_zps536e75c7.jpg

And I have tons more of these growing in my garden. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

How does it taste? Man what I wouldn't give for some naturally grown tomatoes, over the past few years they have gone to **** in my country.

I've had some success with growing tomatoes, but it's hard to find good green tomatoes. I can grow Jalapenos fairly well and am going to try my hand at habeneros.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

How does it taste? Man what I wouldn't give for some naturally grown tomatoes, over the past few years they have gone to **** in my country.

The difference between garden-grown fruits and the stuff you buy in the grocery store is shocking. My tomatoes have a ten times more intensive taste than those in stores, but they're only 1/2 their size.

They must have been modified in way that they contain much more water so they appear bigger, mine are much smaller but ''denser'', they're harder and have more meat, also the the fruit skin on mine is much thicker. And there is the color difference, my tomatoes are more orange than red when ripe, those in the store are red like strawberries.

And not to mention there is zero contamination from insecticides.

I'm using an original breed by the way, they're not impotent (they grow  usable seeds) and aren't modified in any way. 

@KP

I'm currently growing habeneros but the still too cold climate here is tough on them, they grow reeeally slowly.  :getlost: I'm also trying to grow some water melons, but no success yet. They do grow but I never get them too grow fruits.

Edited by Woldan

@KP

I'm currently growing habeneros but the still too cold climate here is tough on them, they grow reeeally slowly. :getlost: I'm also trying to grow some water melons, but no success yet. They do grow but I never get them too grow fruits.

Yeah, I don't think they would do well at all in the cold, luckily no trouble where I'm at. As to Watermelons, I usually buy them at farmers markets and get one that weighs quite a lot. Growing them would take more space than I can allocate.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've been told that there's two kinds of bad jobs. The run of the mill job everyone hates where you realize you're replaceable is the first. And then there's the truly terrible one, the job where you realize you aren't replaceable at all. Where it feels like if you took a day off, the entire thing would collapse into a heap.

My boss is currently on his fourth vacation of the year while being behind on payroll for the employees. Three of those were vacations to Italy for friends and family. This time, he flew someone from Italy to here so he could show them around.

Head meet desk. I need a new job.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Staying in a hotel room at the moment. Removal guys have picked up all my stuff and filled a container with it, ready to ship it overseas. Cleaners will appear tomorrow and give the place a makeover and Monday I'm handing over the keys to the landlord. Wednesday I'll be on a plane to Europe :)

Just sitting here. customising my new laptop and after 30 minutes I already hate Windows 8.1 passionately. I need to find some of those UI improvement tools, this is just bad. Very, very bad.

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For those that might be amused...  I just received the course map and list of obstacles on the Tough Mudder event I'm facing this Sunday..

Tough Mudder Cirencester Course Map

11.5 miles, 21 obstacles. This could be... interesting.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For those that might be amused...  I just received the course map and list of obstacles on the Tough Mudder event I'm facing this Sunday..

That looks quite insane, hope you have fun! :D

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Those events are very cool, get dirty and have fun! :yes:

Also, I'll be gone for a couple of days because I'm going mountain climbing and camping at approx 3600 meters on our highest mountain, the Grossglockner, to test some of my new gear and to shoot some cool photos.   :w00t:

Was offered a 50% job, then &0% and now 100%. It's funny how that works. When I actively search for jobs, I get 900 rejections. When I am not looking for one...

If you remain unemployed, a big corporation will offer you ak executive position. Wait for it.

• Like 3

If you remain unemployed, a big corporation will offer you ak executive position. Wait for it.

If that was true, I'd be king of the world by now. :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Back from Seattle and now I need to start looking for a second car since the weather will start turning soon. Okay, maybe not that soon but soon enough (~2 months).

My wife is looking at Audi and BMW and I'm looking at my wife like she's crazy

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21