Why is there no world cup thread ?

Gorgon

Good lord Belgium and Russia just had a dreadful match.

I caught the last 5 minutes. Looked good to me!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Dreadful? It was the best! :w00t:

Coz Belgium just qualified for the play-offs, and that in the final three minutes.

The last 5 minutes of the match were exciting, but the first 85 minutes were sitting through an elementary school dance recital level boring.  It kills me that Belgium get rewarded for parking the bus for 85 minutes then deciding to have a go at it in the last 5 minutes, but they scored and won and advanced, so kudos to them, I guess.  

I caught the last 5 minutes. Looked good to me! 

Boy did you luck out!

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I actually really enjoyed the England game, even if we went out.

A bit slow and tactically gormless as ever, but played clean, and I liked Cahill's defending.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Keyrock: I see... I must admit I only caught the last 12 minutes of the game, and rooting for Belgium, it was still a rollercoaster ride. It must have sucked then and Belgium just lucked out. Well, a win is a win. :) 

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

What a lovely goal for Algeria.  Absolutely beautiful long pass and a quality composed finish.  Well done.

Edit:  And Algeria score again just a minute or so later.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have a theory, and it's as much for the sake of having one as anything, but...

Our players doon't perform as a team because we lack:

1) enough common practice time to develop an 'england' style within the team

2) a common style across all the clubs they play for normally

By contrast some of the best scoring national teams come from nations with only a couple of dominant clubs.

Thoughts?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's almost time for the big game.  I've been saving some beer just for this.  Go Stars & Stripes!

article-0-1EDC676400000578-65_634x422.jp

USA!  USA!  USA!

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Oh wow.  What an absolutely horrific giveaway by Jeff Cameron.  Portugal 1-0.  You could not possibly play defense any worse than that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Terrible. That's the sort of mistake you'd expect as an 8 year old playing co-ed soccer for PE.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Eder makes Bendtner look lethal

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  What a strike!  GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL USA!

Bildschirmfoto_Otto.jpg

USA!  USA!  USA!

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸