Why is there no world cup thread ?

Gorgon

Gahh jump Mertesacker

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm guess Germany is going nowhere again.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow you guys have no faith, 2-2...go Germany !!!!

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Klose does as Klose does.

Edit:  Apropos of nothing, but Schweinsteiger has got to be the most German name physically possible, no?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Moustafi is terrible

So looks like France will take this.

They're the team that's looked the best so far, I'd put Colombia second.  That said, there's plenty of precedent for teams starting out weak and playing themselves into great form throughout the tourney.

Messi will just pull a Maradona on everyone.

As long as that guy is on the pitch, Argentina will always have a chance to beat anyone.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Shouldn't Medounjanin have gotten a red for that instead of a yellow?  Clear path to the goal with no defender (other than the keeper) between the guy getting fouled and the goal.  No attempt to play the ball whatsoever, just simply grabbed him.  Isn't that, by definition, worthy of a red card?

Edit: Bad offside call.  Bosnia should be up 1-0 right now.

Edit 2: Nigeria up 1-0.  The Bosnian defense has been badly beaten several times already today.  This time they paid for it.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

They're the team that's looked the best so far, I'd put Colombia second.  That said, there's plenty of precedent for teams starting out weak and playing themselves into great form throughout the tourney.

If this tournament has taught me anything so far is that there seem to be no favourites. France does look good, but how will they fare against tougher opponents? As for Colombia... Eh, no. I don't see it.

Edit: That being said, I'm still sticking with Germany at least reaching the finals. They may have played a ... less than spectacular game, but I still think they have the metal.

Edited by JadedWolf

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Edit: That being said, I'm still sticking with Germany at least reaching the finals. They may have played a ... less than spectacular game, but I still think they have the metal.

Germany does indeed still have the metal

blind-guardian-band-2012-570x379.jpg

On a serious note, Germany was my pick to win it before the tourney began and Colombia was my dark horse.  I see no reason to change those picks.  I also said England would go out early, but that wasn't so much a prediction as stating an inevitable fact, so no reason to pat myself on the back for getting that one right.

Jaded, Y U No Like Colombia's lightning quick counter-attack?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Poor Iran, they really did not deserve to lose this.

Yeah, a draw would have been great. But I am already proud that my fellow Iranians played so well against Argentina.

And lets not forget this man:

image.jpg

Thank you Alireza Haghighi! You did awesome, chin up!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I really want to watch the USA vs Portugal game tonight but it only starts at midnight and I'm working tomorrow....so I'm not sure what to do :unsure:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I really want to watch the USA vs Portugal game tonight but it only starts at midnight and I'm working tomorrow....so I'm not sure what to do :unsure:

Same here! I have no choice but to bite the bullet, go to sleep and read all about it tomorrow morning.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Same here! I have no choice but to bite the bullet, go to sleep and read all about it tomorrow morning.

I'm lucky in that regard, my first appointment is only at 10 am so I can leave home at 9 am. Do you think I should stay awake?

John Milton