Why is there no world cup thread ?

Gorgon

Finally watched Netherlands-Spain. Been really difficult trying not to get spoiled all day. Fantastic rout. The Oranje have always been my #2 side.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

All it does it make me angry, whether through awful referees or my national team getting everyone's hopes up by playing amazingly well at the start of the tournament and then transforming into a hurricane of failure when it actually matters.

So TN do you think you are going to get behind your team for the rest of the World Cup, nothing quite like an amazing and unexpected victory to increase that patriotic fervour

I wouldn't support the England team these days if we were at war.

With nazi ewoks who dive in the penalty box.

I wholeheartedly agree! Chamberlain, Sterling, Sturridge and Welbeck are all diving Nazis.

So TN do you think you are going to get behind your team for the rest of the World Cup, nothing quite like an amazing and unexpected victory to increase that patriotic fervour

It may be hard not to get swept up into the renewed Oranje fever that swept up the country - everyone was expecting the worst but now the orange decorations have come out in full force. But I don't want to be a fair weather fan, so I'm going to continue to expect they'll choke horribly and start ninja kicking people again in desperation, just like last time.

BAM.jpg

It may be hard not to get swept up into the renewed Oranje fever that swept up the country - everyone was expecting the worst but now the orange decorations have come out in full force. But I don't want to be a fair weather fan, so I'm going to continue to expect they'll choke horribly and start ninja kicking people again in desperation, just like last time.

BAM.jpg

Well, Nigel de Jong still showed his lack of restraint at times yesterday, but that's the only player I really worry about. Really pleased we don't have to deal with the likes of van Bommel anymore, what an incredible .... that was.

• Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Spain's defense was quite bad.  Their keeper was atrocious.  That was some seriously embarrassing goalkeeping.  They need to figure something out and do it fast or they might not even come out of the group.  Chile looked fairly shaky as well, so it should be an interesting match when those two teams square off. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Spain's defense was quite bad.  Their keeper was atrocious.  That was some seriously embarrassing goalkeeping.  They need to figure something out and do it fast or they might not even come out of the group.  Chile looked fairly shaky as well, so it should be an interesting match when those two teams square off. 

Yeah, they were shocking. I expected them to be past their prime, but this was just sad. I pity the poor unemployed Spanish youngsters who had to watch these spoiled millionaires, who could only manage one goal - and that only through a dive.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Greece - Columbia was the first snooze-game on the tournament, and i had already reserved that for Italy - England :-/

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

SHOCKING NEWS: Greece is the least entertaining team to watch.

Missed a great chance to boot.

At this WC yes. You've never seen Canada.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

SHOCKING NEWS: Greece is the least entertaining team to watch.

Missed a great chance to boot.

At this WC yes. You've never seen Canada.

I have. Even when Greece win, I want to tear my eyes out.

No Luis Suarez in the Uruguay game. I don't know if I should be happy or not. Don't want him injured but at the same time want to see him play. 

I never ever expected Costa Rica so strong... or Uruguay so weak.

Uruguay is really quite disappointing. It's hard to assess how good Costa Rica is considering how badly Uruguay is playing.

Huh, really unexpected. Watch England trounce Italy :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Uruguay played incredibly bad, all while Costa Rica fought like lions. Watch for that Campbell fella in the next following games.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm gonna bet that England - Italy will end 0-0 or 1-1. By following the results of the championship so far, i will be pleasantly dissappointed.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Huh, I think Spain lost morale or something. They started out so well. Oranje is playing much better than I thought they would.

I made something for you. Feel free to use it. :D

jfu5p4.jpg

It's your new avatar. ;)

And if that's too much orange for you, here is a toned down version:

2ilymuh.jpg

Edited by JadedWolf
  • Like 2

Damn that post. Hart also standing out of his net there was genius