What you did today

Rosbjerg

Hit groceries late but worked out ok. Though there was no bacon left for my pizza.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I once had a boring dream. Tried to shoot my way out. Couldn't find a gun. Nightmare. Literally.

DUH, you do live in GB. Next time try to find a cricket bat, a pint or a chair leg in your dreams.  

When i dream of ''Shooting my way out'' things don't go after plan either, either its me missing all the times or my guns have reliability issues, guns not sighted in, failure to feeds and so on. Funny, in reality I'm a very good shooter and my guns are 100% reliable, in my dreams I suck. 

I guess it would probably boring when I could just eliminate all the dangers with the press of a trigger. Would hurt the storyline. It would be like Ellen Ripley having a Minigun in Alien 1. 

Er... can anyone think of a non-Freudian interpretation please?

;)

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

;)

And yet you are the one who can't even find a gun in his dreams.

:p  ;)

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 5

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I drank a good amount of whiskey and played video games in my underwear. I think I'm going to order a Judge Dredd collection and see what my British comic reading friends are so hooked on.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

;)

And yet you are the one who can't even find a gun in his dreams.

:p  ;)

I'm not sure what that says about my view of boring situations, Mr Freud.

"God, the vicar's conversation is boring! There's no alternative. We've got to f*** our way out of this!"

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Company party the other night, then yesterday my car decided to have a gear break off the starter so right now tis in the shop and I'm gonna be biking back and forth between work and home in the dark and trying to figure out how the hell I'm gonna pay for this while maintaining a decent emergency fund in my bank.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So Logan, my 4-year old, is not a fan of getting x-rays.  He's got this dent in his cheek and we were worried it might be broken, but he was having none of it.  He seriously flipped out on the table, kicking, punching and screaming.

calls to mind a dr. visit we had 'bout 6 months ago. what we were in for doesn't matter and is none o' your business... so there. anywho, we can look across the hall (nurse left our door open) and we see this doctor, a no-nonsense guy in mid 40s, trying to give a shot to a boy of 'bout 8 years. am not sure what kinda shot, but it appeared to be important enough that he kept trying in spite o' the kid moving his arm every time the doctor came near him with the needle. doctor explains to kid to stay still. doctor explains to the boy' mother to keep her child's arm immobile. were at least six attempts we saw and the doctor were getting mighty frustrated. am thinking he weren't a pediatrician.

the scenario were perplexing to us. we were raised by grandparents who let us do whatever we wished just so long as we also did what we were told. our grandfather, in a similar situation, woulda' utilized a firm smack to get our attention and then woulda' explained what he expected from us. Gromnir woulda' quietly accepted the shot and that woulda' been the end o' it. no doubt we woulda' gotten a hug once we left the office and probably some ice cream before making the long trip home. 

then again, Gromnir were odd. example: as a sprout we got thrown from our pony and apparently bit complete through our own tongue. it were explained to us that such an injury is very painful. our grandparents didn't realize there were a problem for a couple o' days as we failed to mention anything. am guessing we caused them some grief when they took us to hospital 'cause doctors thought we were being neglected at first. is no possible way our grandparents couldn't have known there were a problem, yes?

also, we don't recall being 4 years of age. perhaps at that age we were a mewling bed-wetter who screamed constantly and stuck forks into light sockets whenever an adult turned their back on us.

is probable a good thing we don't have kids.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 5

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My friends 7 yo daughter is the same as Hurlshot's son. Both he and his wife, one on the legs and one bear hugging the torso, are required to hold her still for any medical procedure. Im pretty lucky, with the exception of giving blood (required for an allergy test) my daughter is a trooper about doctors (and dentists).

• Like 1

Ditto. Sorry to hear that, Woldan.

-Elwood Blues

Really sorry to hear that Woldan.

My daughter sat through a CAT scan a couple years ago perfectly.  Each kid is really just different.  My daughter is quick to anger, quick to move on.  My son is very mellow, but when he gets in a mood, he's a stubborn mule.

"What you did at the Doc today"-Thread.

I am out of the hospital now, by the way. Now 3 weeks that stuff on my arm, then it can get removed. After 6 weeks I will be able to use my hand again as normal, kinda wondering how long it will take to fully move my fingers again, though. In any case I am extremely excited that the pain is nearly nonexistent anymore. Will still have to visit the Doc like once every week, but oh well, got nothing else to do anyway.

I promise I will be more careful with my hands from now on. :>

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Can't go to sleep for some reason. Going to read something boring to try and get tired.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Been a bit absent recently. Moving country is such a hassle. I've been packing and sorting out things, moving to a new job and going to live in my fourth country. Looking forward to telling people "Ich bin auch ein Berliner" (as I'm literally moving to Berlin).

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Been having a headache for some time now. Not that regular headache I am used to. I can actually point at the exact location of the pain when I think about it. Called the local medical center and the woman on the phone told me to drink a lot and take painkillers. That was not the answer I was hoping for. She told me to call in a week. Oh well, she'll be responsible if my head explodes, I guess. It might have to do with my wisdom tooth, or maybe I'm just dehydrated. Drank more alcohol in five days than I have all year. Include unnatural heat and barely drinking any water, and that might be a good explanation. If it's none of that, then I don't really know what it could be. At least I have been drinking water like a madman.

Using a PC configurator to build me a new rig that will be able to render the coming next gen games 1920x1080 60fps at high+. Can't get below 1 grand even with compromises everywhere. ;(

Been a bit absent recently. Moving country is such a hassle. I've been packing and sorting out things, moving to a new job and going to live in my fourth country. Looking forward to telling people "Ich bin auch ein Berliner" (as I'm literally moving to Berlin).

Cool. I'd love to move into Berlin, because that's where the action is, but based on my current job, I probably more likely move a bit further away to Potsdam. :/

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Welp... that auto problem I had? Now is in the 2k range instead of the 700 dollar range

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hooooly crap. 

Couldn't sleep at all because a pair of mosquitoes wanted my blood really bad, they were circling around my face like flies flying around a pile of feces. 

Early in the morning - around half past 4 or so when the sun was rising- I saw a perfectly triangular shaped and brightly lit object flying below the clouds, without any sound and without leaving a trail. Its flight path was erratic and strangely wobbly but it wasn't faster than a plane at that altitude. I could observe it for two minutes until it vanished at the horizon. 

:blink:

Other people must have seen it too, it was huge and easy to spot. 

Edited by Woldan