What you did today

Rosbjerg

I ran into my ex today. It was...unpleasant. Breaking up with her was a good move.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Broke my right hand yesterday when falling from my bike.

It hurts.

Damn, that sucks :/ How long are you going to have a cast?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It is said to be approx 3 weeks. Which sucks a lot, because it is really bad timing for my job and all. I can't even hold a pen now and typing with left hand only slowly becomes quite annoying zo me. I am not used to typing this slow.

/Edit: Managed to put on my pants alone. Great success. It aint easy if you cant use the right hand and the left shoulder hurts like hell (too).

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

A whole flurry of stuff.

Internet banking, picking up airline tickets, organising other stuff, buying a desk to put up, pulling various paperwork together, setting up some research/reading material, plotting out work to be done on said desk when it arrives and is built, sorting out a weeks pharmaceutical supplies for my mother...

I might even get some time to shave a few days stubble away in there..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I had a terrible dream about the Witcher.

Let me guess, you ended up Romancing Geralt and when you woke up you realised you enjoyed the experience. Nothing to be embarrassed or feel guilty  about, he is kinda hot in his own  monster-slaying and mutant  way :wub:

• Like 5

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

For him, I think his nightmare would be playing it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I had a terrible dream about the Witcher.

Let me guess, you ended up Romancing Geralt and when you woke up you realised you enjoyed the experience. Nothing to be embarrassed or feel guilty  about, he is kinda hot in his own  monster-slaying and mutant  way :wub:

Actually, Geralt is indeed one of the hotter male video game protagonists. I could never understood the complaints of him "looking like a lecherous old man".

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Having another day of meetings and conference calls. Current project made me think of this quote :

"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And the project I spent a year on got cancelled as the client decided they no longer need it.

NZG9nYX.jpg

• Like 1

Still dealing with my right hand. Getting through the day is so slow and painfully boring. I can't do anything that is fun and watching stupid TV all day kills me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Because your right hand is temporarily disabled you can't do anything fun? I played soccer when my right arm was in a cast due to my broken elbow. I went cycling and hiking with one arm. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Still dealing with my right hand. Getting through the day is so slow and painfully boring. I can't do anything that is fun and watching stupid TV all day kills me.

I tried looking for some lefthanded games for you to play, but they seemed to really need the right hand for... other activities. :p

Because your right hand is temporarily disabled you can't do anything fun? I played soccer when my right arm was in a cast due to my broken elbow. I went cycling and hiking with one arm. 

Playing football with a broken elbow can't be a good idea, you're one small step away from breaking it again. :p

Just came home from my friends place, GM'd some WH40K Only War. I decided to ride my bike to town so that I would'nt have to walk all the way home in the middle of the night... I should've walked.

It was warm enough outside that I don't cool off when I'm going fast and the blistering sun did'nt help. I must have lost litres of water after that, and it did take quite a while before my face stopped being just crazy red from the heat.

The effort was'nt that bad, it's about 10km to town, though I was quite tender in my legs both when I got to town, and now that I'm home, but the lack of any easy way to cool off is the most annoying part.

Oh, and I'm pretty certain my arse is bruised. Because, pain, lots and lots of pain!! ;(

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Toughing it out through a pretty bad cold... as in bad enough that it's making me question if I should be working.

I'm one of those people who never really gets badly sick, so if it's kicking my ass it'd put my dad out of the loop for about a month.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Soccer is super boring. But sports is currently off limits anyway, because my leg still pains me too, and my left ellbow (and my bike needs fiding). I've been falling from the bike really stupid. Might be able to do some jogging in a week or two.

Maybe I do a new playthrough of Incubation today. Haven't done this in 2014 yet. This one I can try to play with my left hand.

Edited by Lexx

Just came home from my friends place, GM'd some WH40K Only War. 

Wanna do a quick summary in the W40K topic? I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to read about other parties' escapades :)

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Printed out a whole batch of documents and related matter, which are now spread around on my desk , attempting to organise and figure out what I need to do and where I have to go with it all.. and trying to avoid going "Bibble!?!?"

Wanna do a quick summary in the W40K topic? I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to read about other parties' escapades :)

Done :)

• Like 2

After an uncomfortable night with a lower back that's stiff and throbbing dullly I think I'll take some ibuprofen and skip the planned morning attempt on the local police assault course. I think the core work on Thursday might have pushed it.