What you did today

Rosbjerg

Whelp, one of the kids just interrupted the wife and I while I was getting my father's day present, so that was awkward.  Hopefully I won't be paying too much in therapy bills for that down the road.

• Like 2

Whelp, one of the kids just interrupted the wife and I while I was getting my father's day present, so that was awkward.  Hopefully I won't be paying too much in therapy bills for that down the road.

ever hear of bee sting therapy for folks with arthritis? is different theories as to why bee stings help with arthritis pain o' some sufferers. supposedly the neuro-toxin in the bee venom can ameliorate pain from arthritis, or perhaps the endorphin released when one is stung (a sharp pain) makes the arthritis ache fade into the background for a bit. is actually some support for the notion that the body's reaction to sharp and or violent pain will kinda numb those dull aches that otherwise seem unbearable. 

anywho, perhaps you can surprise your child with revelations regarding santa claus and the easter bunny. is almost guaranteed to make him forget the nightmarish spectacle of mommy and daddy "wrestling." 

no? oh well. am suspecting Gromnir will never replace dr. spock for parenting advice. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That was bound to happen sooner or later.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I started Sunnys training today. I had to leave Tommy in the house so she wouldn't be distracted. So far she's eating it up but I make a game of it so dogs usually respond well to that.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Felt the sudden urge to do hard cardio so I hopped on my trusty steed, picked the route with the steepest and longest inclines and pedaled like a madman on coke without stopping or resting even once.  :wowey: Boy that was intensive

And now I'm going to read a good book, ''Storm of Steel'' from Ernst Jünger, a German WWI corporal writing about his service in the trenches. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Took care of the Father's Day stuff, which really isn't exciting not sure why we bother with gift giving (will save us cash to boot). Now to the usual nightmare of Whole Foods for the groceries.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is anyone else having troubles with the forums today with icons not showing and similar?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Had my brother visit the other day. He's an ass still.

He showed up and we ended up seeing a movie but then he wasn't hungry so I couldn't really go out to eat anywhere. After that He basically forced me to go to bed because he wanted to and he was sleeping in the living room with all my entertainment.

And this morning he left without even saying good bye and didn't break down the bed he was using. So I'd woken up but was staying quiet in case he was still asleep, until my cat decided his lack of food could not be ignored. Step outside and lo and behold he's gone so I could have gone out sooner

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

He showed up and we ended up seeing a movie but then he wasn't hungry so I couldn't really go out to eat anywhere. After that He basically forced me to go to bed because he wanted to and he was sleeping in the living room with all my entertainment.

And this morning he left without even saying good bye and didn't break down the bed he was using. So I'd woken up but was staying quiet in case he was still asleep, until my cat decided his lack of food could not be ignored. Step outside and lo and behold he's gone so I could have gone out sooner

Obviously I don't know the guy, but maybe he didn't want to wake you?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

He could have at least put the couch bed away. It's not like he didn't use my bathroom (which meant he had to walk through my bedroom) this morning

He could have at least put the couch bed away. It's not like he didn't use my bathroom (which meant he had to walk through my bedroom) this morning

Then I regret to inform you that your brother may be a c***.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I haven't seen any issues.

It's weird as hell, the only problem I can seem to find is that I can't find the obsidian forum content server or something like that.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Firefox, guess I have to try chrome or something.

Nope, nothing of that helped. Can't see images and stuff from 9gag either, same problem there. Frickin weird.

Edited by Azdeus

Don't have any, adblock only, but since it persists even in explorer and chrome, I don't think it would be that anyway.

Perhaps your computer is just sick of the internet.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

@Walsingham; You almost killed me with that, damn near choked on my tea! :)

@Woldan; I'm a skeptic, but I'm starting to think the same thing. I can't resolve it, and it does'nt make any sence! It seems I can't access some individual adresses for some reason.

Then I regret to inform you that your brother may be a c***.

Why do you think I started with "My brother is an ass"?

Ok that sounds worse than the problem I had, have you tried to restore the system to an earlier safe point? 

Nah, not done any new installs or anything, I've cleared cache's, history and all those deals. Reinstalled Firefox (Wich I regret, latest version looks like ****.), it did'nt help, no other browser alleviates the issue, restarting the computer did'nt help either. Hard reloads does'nt help.

If I rightclick the "jump to post" icon and select view image, I get denied access to for instance;

http://content.forums.obsidian.net/public/style_images/obsidian/snapback.png

Going to wait until I go to bed and unplug the router and see if it's an IP problem or something,

I'm not alone either;

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66325-most-ui-icons-and-small-icons-suddenly-just-xs-on-the-forums/

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

ISP or DNS issue maybe?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra