Option #1 has 2/4 games in early access while apparently option #2 has none.

I've only played Goodbye Deponia from option #2 but I know something about Secret Files (I believe that game is the third one in the series) and The Last Door has come up when I've had discussions about good new point 'n click adventure games. No clue about Stranded.

• Like 1

I bought Delver (very early), completed it in 82 minutes and haven't touched it since.

Maybe I should check it out again..?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I bought Delver (very early), completed it in 82 minutes and haven't touched it since.

Maybe I should check it out again..?

The game was getting some sort of update this morning when I launched steam. Might be worth checking out. Haven't played it lately.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

They sometimes accidentally turn the percentages the wrong way around on Aliexpress.com. I was snooping around there when this $2000 quad-copter came on sale at a 85% rebate. I thought it was pretty cool, but it was still a lot of money so I decided to sleep on it (I was browsing in the middle of the night). In the morning, when I woke up, it was set at 15%.

The seller actually honored the 85% deal for some lucky dude in Holland.

(The quad-copter was made from carbon fibre, was really big, had built-in GPS functions that automatically landed itself in the very same spot it was launched from if the battery started dying, it had super precise controls, could stream its HD-camera 300 m, the battery lasted for up to 30 minutes at a time, etc.)

I think it was this one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-hot-selling-DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-GPS-RC-Quadcopter-5-8G-Radio-FPV-Camera-and/1821933512.html 

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I didn't end up playing it through because the very gamey combat system put me off (lower each enemy's HP but avoid killing them). But I like the concept and haven't ruled out going back to it sometime. The other reservation I guess is that you could probably nab it DRM-free for the same price by waiting a little, if you care about that sort of thing.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Grabbed Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood, and 3. 25 bucks with all the DLC, will be nice for when I get my Steam Machine too.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Come on, GabeN, gimme Deadfall Adventures at 75% off already.  I've already seen some other games on special 2 or 3 times.  I want to give you money, GabeN.  Why don't you want me to give you money?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Grabbed Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood, and 3. 25 bucks with all the DLC, will be nice for when I get my Steam Machine too.

AC3? My condolences.

got it for the DLC. I'm an Alternate History buff.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

AC3? My condolences.

got it for the DLC. I'm an Alternate History buff.

I liked 2. I will probably enjoy Brotherhood once I start it. Heck, I even found some enjoyment in playing the first game. I had to stop playing the third game when I reached chapter 10. The game no longer held my interest. It was good at times, but I much prefer the games released before it.

I looked at some gameplay footage of Original Sin and I gotta say 2d isometric looks so much better. This looks more like, i dunno, Torchlight.

I think that's mostly due to the colour scheme used. I probably would have preferred a darker setting (which would instantly have made it look more like 2D isometric game I guess. That said, creating simple tooling for a 2D isometric RPG seems rather hard, especially given the amount of reactivity the world has.

Character creation looked pretty awful.

It's decent in the latest build, though the UI certainly could be simplified (I'm still missing a "custom" option instead of having to start from some preset, for example).

But UI design in general doesn't seem Larian's strong point (then again, it doesn't seem to be a strong point of many [game] developers. On top of that it appears it is generally treated as an afterthought as well.). That said, the UI is better than I feared given the earlier betas and seems certainly usable.

Guest Slinky

I wish the sale was over. I already bought 12 games and gifted another 4. My wallet needs to recover.

Haha, and here I was thinking "what a crappy summer sale it's been". I haven't bought a single thing yet.

But since they have been putting early access games on sale, I just might cave in if Grim Dawn gets a sale. Been in a mood for spanking action RPG for a while now and GD looks just what I'm looking for.

Got Civ V BNW just for completeness of sorts.  Not much enticing on this sale, really.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra