It's weird how the first couple Steam sales I was all excited and bought a lot of stuff (some of which I've never even played) but since then, I hardly end up buying anything at all from the sales.  Partly because things that I'd be interested in aren't on sale (or aren't on sale enough) and partly because even on sale, some of them are more than I'm willing to pay (mostly because they're things that I think I might like, but I'm not sure, and 2 hours isn't enough time to really get a feel for a substantial game, in my opinion.)

I guess I developed a "nothing more than $10 unless it's something I really, really want" and those sorts of things I probably bought on launch (or Kickstarted.)

I wont buy something unless it is 50-75% off.

Same here.

It's weird how the first couple Steam sales I was all excited and bought a lot of stuff (some of which I've never even played) but since then, I hardly end up buying anything at all from the sales. 

Usually i get something, and i did this time too. But right now, and i might be mistaken ok, but right now i´m 100% positiv that some games went up in price before the sale, making the sales pointless.

Just as examples, i´m very sure Blackguards was not almost 40.- before the sale, now it´s 9.99.- 75% off, which makes it still more expensive than getting the physical copy from amazon where i live (8,69.-), i mean seriously? Same with Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes, the sale makes is only a little cheaper than the amazon copy. Duke Nukem Forever is in the same boat if you compare normal prices.

This is very unusual. And i´m aware that Steam games normal prices are almost always more expensive than say Amazon. But 2 times or 4 times?

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Steam sales used to be more "fun".

When you had to do stuff in-game to get prizes. You bought soem dead cheap game like Toki Tori and fooled around for a day or two. Still you got out more fun of those games than a lot of other sale purchases that got lost in the backlog.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I tried that "game" they have for the summer sale. Apparently you're supposed to click on monsters. And that's it. Click click click. So I downloaded an automatic mouse clicker program, set it to clicking 100 times per second and went to town. Made a few hundred million in gold, bought a few upgrades and then it crashed. Not sure what to think about that.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I never got Wolfenstein to work. The few moments I got it to run, it felt like 20-30 fps and that's unplayable to me. No matter what settings I put on the graphics.

But I found something else to buy! Alice: Madness Returns at 78% off (or around 20 SEK in Sweden, less than a burger). Woo!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I never got Wolfenstein to work. The few moments I got it to run, it felt like 20-30 fps and that's unplayable to me. No matter what settings I put on the graphics.

Yeah same here, I can't stand micro stuttering. Its barely noticeable, but just enough to annoy the hell out of me. I'm probably gonna ask for a refund on that one.

And now Crusader Kings 2 is on for -80% in case anyone needs to pick up one of the bigger DLCs while they are cheap.

Also - closed due to length. New thread here.

Fortune favors the bald.