RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Say that to the 60000 people playing Team Fortress 2 every day on Steam.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Top game review of DSII on Steam:

"Game is so hard I can't even launch it

11/10"

It doesn't quite beat the best review for RE4 HD --- The first one in the following column. 

Resident+Evil+4+Steam+Reviews.+How+about

• Like 3

There exists a retail screenshot, on PS4 and XB1, for a tandem-trio release of Mass Effect 1,2,3.  BUSCAR! Ver mas juegos PS4!

I'm not exactly sure that random Chilean retailers have the inside scoop.

That's traditionally how games leak, though. Retailers get the info before official announcements... Besides, http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/03/mass-effect-trilogy-may-be-remastered-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Its actually been a while since graphical advances were really impressive. That train seems to be slowing down. All I see nowadays are incremental improvements. And some things haven't moved much in the last 10 years. Like terrain in large RPG's, or anything that has to look organic and irregular in shape. 

So the story is the standard they killed my family, now they will pay, that doesn't exactly excite me in any way.  Still, I suppose it could get interesting if the conspiracy you uncover isn't too cheesy and cliche.  At the very least, the asymmetrical multiplayer has potential, and this is coming from a guy who usually stays as far away from multiplayer as possible.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Its actually been a while since graphical advances were really impressive. That train seems to be slowing down. All I see nowadays are incremental improvements. And some things haven't moved much in the last 10 years. Like terrain in large RPG's, or anything that has to look organic and irregular in shape. 

No the looks of WD was actually degraded, it was ..controversial.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/8876-Watch-Dogs-A-Vertical-Slice-Of-Steaming-Bullshots

Wow, why is the PS4 version so  ugly? With optimization it should look close to the PC version.

But honestly, even the E3 trailers don't show "next gen". What I see is an incremental improvement over GTAIV or GTAV (comparing them as sandbox games). Which is okay, but nothing really representative of a generational move from the PS3/XB360 generation.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

The main character is basically Batman now, and the story is heading towards Central Station of Genericness. The trailer didn't do it much credit, as it hyped it up like a rollercoaster of exploding set-pieces. Disappointing I'd say.

Edited by TheChris92

Wow, why is the PS4 version so  ugly? With optimization it should look close to the PC version.

But honestly, even the E3 trailers don't show "next gen". What I see is an incremental improvement over GTAIV or GTAV (comparing them as sandbox games). Which is okay, but nothing really representative of a generational move from the PS3/XB360 generation.

The game has suffered a lot because is being released on both current gen and next gen, which was a poor choice for a game that was supposed to be a launch title.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

No the looks of WD was actually degraded, it was ..controversial.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/8876-Watch-Dogs-A-Vertical-Slice-Of-Steaming-Bullshots

I dub this The Dark Souls 2 Effect.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Can't find the same article again, but the gist of it is this: most of you remember that Sony bought Gaikai, the streaming service. Supposedly the Playstation catalog will soon be available on a new Sony streaming service. Sony plans to make most games of the PSX-PS3 generation playable cross platform on just about anything that can stream video.

Good news. There are a few PS3 games I'd like to play. 

• Like 1

Have you guys heard about Prince of Persia going back to 2d? Really disappointed by it, I was really hoping that they would try for another reboot of the brand. But I guess while the Ass Creed keeps pumping money they don't care about making risks.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

If it's half as fluid as Rayman Origins or Legends, it'll be great :p

While I like Rayman Legends, that is not what I want from a PoP game. PoP was all about the great moves and mouth watering cinematic.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP