Random Sales

melkathi

Problem with FTL's approach isn't that you rarely win, that's perfectly fine in a rogue-like-lite-like-liek-kek. Problem with FTL is that it's reasonably easy unless RNG screws you over big time and then it suddenly gets super-hard during the boss fight. I'd estimate that good 50% of my FTL playthroughs ended at the final boss fight (a bit less when I was messing around as opposed to being efficient), which is kinda the problem - I'd like to lose because the difficulty would ramp up progressively until I hit the final boss fight which would lead to a lot more even distribution of losses as opposed to the game going "Lol, you got this far, die now."

• Like 5

Appparently there is a website selling. Bateman ark ham knight for 5 buckle today. At work so don't know it off the top of my head

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...

:disguise:

I totally post here all the time!

EA is having a pretty bloody impressive sale going on. Dragon Age Inq for 10 bucks, and 50% off most of it's good first party titles (Titanfall 2 and BF1 for example)

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm just excited that we may actually get this thread to a length where it will get locked and have a sequel :)

Back on topic, yeah, EA does those every now and then. But with the steam monopoly I think a lot of people don't notice.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

as luck would have it, the only game I actually wanted to buy (Medal of Honor: Warfighter) wasn't included in this sale :( well, I did get that Amalur game I've been wanting to play for a long time.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Origin has a decent sale...but it would still cost me $40 for the 3 story DLC for ME3 that I don't own (Leviathan, Omega and Citadel.)  At this point I doubt I'll ever play them.

Depending on just how much cheese and fan-wankery you like, Citadel is really entertaining.  A lot of it is done tongue-in-cheek with nods to classic pulp sci-fi space opera elements, plust the sheer fact of getting all of the surviving companions from all games together and hearing the banter back and forth can be quite amusing. I'd say that's actually justified at the normal price alone.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

One other small bit to point out, although it probably won't count as a random sale per se, but Origin Access does give you a bunch of games free (while you're paying for Access).  Depending on how much gaming you can work in around the rest of life for that month you might be able to complete a couple of the games on offer.

Things like Star Wars Battlefront, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, ME3 Digital Deluxe, Plants vs Zombies 2, Need for Speed, DA Inquisition Deluxe, Crysis 3 Deluxe, etc.

I mean, sure, you lose access to them if you don't renew Origin Access, but it might be worthwhile for playing around with them especially if they're the type you'd enjoy to play, finish, and then unlikely to play again.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And the last month, EA added an option to subscribe to access for a year for like 20 euro or so. Whether that's worth it depends on your interest in games accessible via access, but I've had my share of fun with it already.

GOG is having a massive sale, and I took a look at what's discounted. 

didn't even realize they had SWAT 3 and XCom Apocalypse, grabbed them instantly. now I can finally throw away my old discs with these games, that wouldn't work properly on Win 7. thanks, GOG ;D

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I was going to mention the GOG sale as well. Some interesting stuff there I do want.

I bought the Gobliiins bundle, Nexus The Jupiter Incident, Nox, Aquaria, Techno Babylon, Shivah. I also got the Starcontrol games, even though I am aware of the free project. But I figured that at this huge a discount, I might as well pay for the certainty that I will have the complete games, and not a possibly incomplete free version, for which development and support depends on the spare time of people.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Hmmm, hard to say. From those I have actually played, I enjoyed Dex - the writing isn't super amazing, and the combat can be annoying, but I did enjoy the cyberpunkiness of the cyberpunk setting/story and remember my playthrough fondly.

Some really nice games published by Atlus are on sale(PSN US).

I bought SMT: Devil Summoner 1 & 2 for 10 bucks! Looking forward to playing them, never heard of a jrpg set in the 1930's. 

EDIT: Sale lasts till 3/21/2017.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

• 5 weeks later...

There is a Flash Sale over at Playstation Store and it's crazy!!! Whole lot great game bundles to get for cheap. Sale lasts till 4/17/2017.

I only had 7.50 in my wallet but that didn't stop me from buying Maddog Mcree and Wipeout HD Collection. :p

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.