What you did today

Tale

Yeah I wouldn't try to cheat it, you don't want to do anything that might make you have to restart it.  It is supposed to be a bit punitive, although as Labadal said, go do something else while it is running.  I did it a few years back, it's better than the class, that's for sure.

The key to courses like that is to have 2 computers.  The tiny travel laptop runs the course, and the desktop runs Civilization (or similar divided-attention-friendly game).

• Like 1

Woke up, have to study must of the day today - with some gaming breakes thrown in.

Clearly we need to have a Crocodile Dundee thread about knife sizes.

I agree, but here's mine.. :)

Why is there a d20 next to the knife? Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

So I got a speeding ticket the other day and part of paying the fine is an option to take an online safety course (for an additional $30), which upon completion will wipe the ticket from your record (wont be reported to your insurance). This friggin course is 4 HOURS LONG, is read to you by the computer, and you cant click to the next page until the current one is done talking. Im only one hour in and Ive already lost the will to live.

Been there. Try watching a movie or something when it is going on about useless bull****, then answer the questions that pop up.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Woke up, have to study must of the day today - with some gaming breakes thrown in.

Why is there a d20 next to the knife?

The reason he's going to give is "for scale" but it's really to establish nerd cred. :p

• Like 4

Compensating? desismileys_3556.gif

I should probably invest in some sun block.  I gotta a pretty hardcore farmer's tan going on from riding around on my bike in sunny weather.  Not quite sun burn, but closer than I'd like.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Defensive Driving Course 9th Edition is complete but it was touch and go for a while. By hour 3 I had descended into madness and had gone full native. My wife, bless her, tried to bring me coffee and a plate of bacon but I just pounded my chest like an enraged silverback gorilla and pelted her with feces until she ran out of the room crying. At one point I contemplated making a necklace out of ears.

Im better now.

@Labadal: It asks questions during the lecture and each section has a review test. There is a final test at the end that requires at least an 80% to pass.

• Like 4

Blitzed the weeds in the garden, went out and bought an ice-cream cone, because why not, came home and fell asleep on the garden wall. Because the neighbour's kids will do well with the story of the crazy man next door.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Defensive Driving Course 9th Edition is complete but it was touch and go for a while. By hour 3 I had descended into madness and had gone full native. My wife, bless her, tried to bring me coffee and a plate of bacon but I just pounded my chest like an enraged silverback gorilla and pelted her with feces until she ran out of the room crying. At one point I contemplated making a necklace out of ears.

Im better now.

@Labadal: It asks questions during the lecture and each section has a review test. There is a final test at the end that requires at least an 80% to pass.

Ouch. I don't ever have to worry about that because I don't drive a car.

BBQ with a friend, throw in a mix of late anniversary celebration since they were out of the country for their actual anniversary.

Turned into a mix of whiskey, port, and cigars - some very fine Arturo Fuento Anejo 77's.

Along with the "ash" competition - just how much ash you could keep on the cigar without it dropping...

IMG-20140518-00412_zps0004ab37.jpg

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Blitzed the weeds in the garden, went out and bought an ice-cream cone, because why not, came home and fell asleep on the garden wall. Because the neighbour's kids will do well with the story of the crazy man next door.

At least those little brats didn't pee in your mouth while you were sleeping. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

What I did today is eating a crapton of the worst food you could possible consume. Tons of potato chips, sweets, cola and so on, and I spent the last 3 days in front of my TV and computer.  Also haven't shaved in a week or so. Mission completed, now I look how I feel. 

Edited by Woldan

At least those little brats didn't pee in your mouth while you were sleeping. 

Oh god, now i don't know.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Im better now.

They say misery loves company; I'm running the online traffic school right now as we speak as well (for which the court must receive proof that I've passed by D-Day.

Though apparently we Californians get it easy: you're free to skip to the next lesson whenever you feel like provided you manage to pass a three question quiz, and you need a C- grade on the final test to pass. 

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

To be fair if there was an all powerful creator and that creator created time, the Big Bang through life on earth could have taken 6 days AND also lasted millennium since the natural flow/evaluation of time would mean nothing to an entity who could create it and thus manipulate it at will.

If time means nothing, constructing infinite complexity would also mean nothing. At least I think so. Easy come, easy go, right.

It would mean nothing for the creator; if time was created at the start of creation from the perspective of the creation time would still matter even if didn't to the creator.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Headache for unknown reasons. I'm properly hydrated, I haven't been in the sun and there is enough oxygen in the environment I'm currently in.  My head feels like its giving birth to a huge fat baby.  Being in cerebral labor sucks.    :wacko:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

Shopping online for a new charcoal grill. Mine was crappy when it was new... and it's not new. All the sites I've visiting recommend just a basic Weber kettle type grill.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah from what I've read it is the best choice for even heating. The one I have now has definite cold spots.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I love my gas grill.  It's a pretty nice Weber, and it's so fast to heat up.  It grills fairly evenly too, although one side is faster than the other.  That works fine since I just put the veggies on the fast side and the meat on the slower side.

It really makes BBQing quick.