Music... must go on...

Gorth

Yeah, my NIN collection is huge. I am only missing some weird japan releases, but I don't really feel motivated to track them down and buy them.

I usually buy CDs, because it just feels more valuable to me than plain mp3s.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's that weird thing with digital goods.

In a lot of ways they seem to use it as an excuse to give you the worst worlds of it being a product you're buying or a service they're providing.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I do love the campaign Thom Yorke lead with In Rainbows. Pay what you like. The best part is that it ended up being among the most commerically succesful of their albums despite many people chose not to pay anything -- Massive respect to their DRM-free policy for King of Limbs as well.

To celebrate

• Like 2

I'm a huge fan, so I agree 500%!!! :biggrin:

And I really love what they have done after year 2000, so many masterpieces. They just hit my chords.

That "Pay what you you think it's worth"-campaign was brilliant. I ended up paying more than your standard album price at that time. Since then, they seem to have gone all DRM-free, which is great. However, in their case, I'll pay up big time to listen to their latest stuff. :)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Remembered this track from Buffy. (sung at the Bronze)

EDIT: It's a kind of slow smoky Portishead vibe. We get so many tracks posted it's probably worth giving some indicator.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

'cause its been a long time since we posted any blues

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

best live band we ever saw.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)