Support the Ban Bossy campaign

BruceVC

Bruce, serious question - during your education did you ever study any political science or theory.

Do you understand the concepts of freedom of thought, speech and association? That includes the freedom not to associate.

Monte I don't like conspiracy theories to get in the way of the greater good  :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh boy, I'm hitting the eject button now before Bruce leads me further down the rabbit hole.  :p

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Governments should be required to maintain equality under the law, as in no double standards in legal systems. Wanting the government to force individuals to treat others equally on private matters is something else entirely, that something being authoritarian rule.

Where would this "private matters " apply  in a society. Where do the rules of equality not matter....Hades, Forgotten Realms maybe?

Oh is this where you get those religious cult groups that live in remote parts of the country and where incest and pedophilia is practiced? Those are private matters....

If someone is prejudiced against LGTB, he should be allowed as long as they don't break the law. Legislation shouldn't be used to deny rights to either side of the fence and that means the right to freedom of speech. This is what some feminists and rights activists seem unable to comprehend, they assume their position to be the correct one and therefore enforcing it is a righteous act.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Governments should be required to maintain equality under the law, as in no double standards in legal systems. Wanting the government to force individuals to treat others equally on private matters is something else entirely, that something being authoritarian rule.

Where would this "private matters " apply  in a society. Where do the rules of equality not matter....Hades, Forgotten Realms maybe?

Oh is this where you get those religious cult groups that live in remote parts of the country and where incest and pedophilia is practiced? Those are private matters....

If someone is prejudiced against LGTB, he should be allowed as long as they don't break the law. Legislation shouldn't be used to deny rights to either side of the fence and that means the right to freedom of speech. This is what some feminists and rights activists seem unable to comprehend, they assume their position to be the correct one and therefore enforcing it is a righteous act.

I agree about the LGTB part but what if that person goes  to a website and starts being homophobic?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Then someone not wearing a badge should argue with him if they feel so inclined.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As long as they aren't infringing on someone's rights, people can say and believe whaever they want to. I think that Cultist's homophobia is morally repugnant, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to express that view.

As to your strawman about cults practicing pedophilia Bruce, that is infringing on someone's rights and therefore both wrong and illegal.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

equality-should-be-enforced-by-govt.jpg

Sadly this is the necessary state we find ourselves in, many governments are forced to do this as some people need to dragged to the table where we discuss how gender equality is here to stay and be implemented by legislation if necessary. I fail to see how addressing an obvious failure of equality is fascist ?

LOL

Hey bud, whatever happened to: 

I always find your opinion so interesting so thanks for the response but this looks like a classic BruceVC "we will have to agree to disagree"

I think this warrants a promotion to oberinspektor of thinkpol. Keep up the good work, citizen!

salute.gif

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"Sadly this is the necessary state we find ourselves in, many governments are forced to do this as some people need to dragged to the table where we discuss how gender equality is here to stay and be implemented by legislation if necessary. I fail to see how addressing an obvious failure of equality is fascist ?"

Scary.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So, do you guys think that Bruce is an alt? Certainly feels like a caricature to me.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I used to think so but then my mother told me I'd never get a husband like that

You been hitting the vodka again Shady?

Perhaps ShadyWife hijacked your account?

Edited by KaineParker

I agree about the LGTB part but what if that person goes  to a website and starts being homophobic?

Websites have their forum rules, unfortunately that means that depending on the place honest dissent that is voiced politely can be perceived as a harmful speech and blocked. You can customize your web experience so that you're never exposed to other perspectives (and Google helps that a lot with search algorithms) Internet forums are often like gated communities, if there is a dominant view it will be the one that's enforced.

Short answer is that moderators will take care of it based on the community rules/biases/ideology.

For example, we don't tolerate bots.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Starts being homopohibic? LOL.

'So I was surfing the web yesterday hun and I came across this website, and oh.... Mai.... GAWD I can't even speak of it the horrors it contained. I was never scared of homos before! errrr... wait.. we're not supposed to call them that right? Oh nevermind.. .anyways... I don't know if I can handle it when Johny comes over for dinner tomorrow. I mean, he's been here numerous times, I've always known what he is, but after seeing that website, he scares me now! They all do!'

LOL. Show me the website that illicits the fear of homosexuals in someone. Or did I misunderstand and we are talking about a fear of hominids (though that website would also be amusing)? Considering you wrote this Bruce and your seeming irresistible magnetic draw to anything and everything cultural marxist, I'll go with my first instincts. Sadly, I'm guessing we're talking the former and not the latter.

'Homophobia' is a really bad word as it is commonly used, used as an insult and to belittle something/someone who doesn't exist in tangible numbers, and by folks who fundamentally don't understand either what a phobia is or the meaning of the related suffix, nor understand what a 'homo' is outside of the slang. It's also a combative word, designed not just to obfuscate the true meanings of 'homo' or phobic' to those who don't already know (the young in general) and twist the meanings in the minds that already do, to remove thought, logic, and reality from the discussion but also to divide those having it. Giving those that use it a false sense of enlightenment over those it's aimed at who are given a stigma of cowardice amongst other negatives. It does it's job well on those grounds.

I'm sure, somewhere out there, there is someone that is actually afraid of homosexuals (there's someone out there afraid of grasshoppers too), but I have yet to meet such a person or hear of them outside of unsubstantiated rumor. They're like the boogie man or the Yeti.  There are oodles of people afraid of hominids though, that's actually quite common, but I don't think that's what we're talking about, there was mention of LGBT afterall.

It's unfortunate that such a misleading and misinformed word had made it into the modern lexicon this last decade, as well as those who use it in it's commonly used manner to sink to such a low level of intellectual discussion. But then they generally aren't aware of where such words come from.

Bellyfeel me my blackwhite newspeak!

Edited by Valsuelm

Arguing the inaccuracies and incorrectness of the morphemes used to create the blend word of "homophobia" is about as productive IMO as arguing that anyone who is happy is a gay person.  The language changes whether the etymology of the words make sense or not.

(As I recall homophobia - coined in the 60s - was originally ascribed as "dread of being in close quarters with homosexuals" by a psychologist to describe his colleagues who were particularly anti-homosexuality; although there are several competing origins and a few different uses (including fear of a man of being thought to be "gay" by his peers) so its origins are at least somewhat in keeping with the idea of phobias.).

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

There's always a solution instead of an outright ban.

LBT1983.jpg

In this case, it was Gretzky and the Oilers.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I agree about the LGTB part but what if that person goes to a website and starts being homophobic?

Starts being homopohibic? LOL.

'So I was surfing the web yesterday hun and I came across this website, and oh.... Mai.... GAWD I can't even speak of it the horrors it contained. I was never scared of homos before! errrr... wait.. we're not supposed to call them that right? Oh nevermind.. .anyways... I don't know if I can handle it when Johny comes over for dinner tomorrow. I mean, he's been here numerous times, I've always known what he is, but after seeing that website, he scares me now! They all do!'

LOL. Show me the website that illicits the fear of homosexuals in someone. Or did I misunderstand and we are talking about a fear of hominids (though that website would also be amusing)? Considering you wrote this Bruce and your seeming irresistible magnetic draw to anything and everything cultural marxist, I'll go with my first instincts. Sadly, I'm guessing we're talking the former and not the latter.

'Homophobia' is a really bad word as it is commonly used, used as an insult and to belittle something/someone who doesn't exist in tangible numbers, and by folks who fundamentally don't understand either what a phobia is or the meaning of the related suffix, nor understand what a 'homo' is outside of the slang. It's also a combative word, designed not just to obfuscate the true meanings of 'homo' or phobic' to those who don't already know (the young in general) and twist the meanings in the minds that already do, to remove thought, logic, and reality from the discussion but also to divide those having it. Giving those that use it a false sense of enlightenment over those it's aimed at who are given a stigma of cowardice amongst other negatives. It does it's job well on those grounds.

I'm sure, somewhere out there, there is someone that is actually afraid of homosexuals (there's someone out there afraid of grasshoppers too), but I have yet to meet such a person or hear of them outside of unsubstantiated rumor. They're like the boogie man or the Yeti. There are oodles of people afraid of hominids though, that's actually quite common, but I don't think that's what we're talking about, there was mention of LGBT afterall.

It's unfortunate that such a misleading and misinformed word had made it into the modern lexicon this last decade, as well as those who use it in it's commonly used manner to sink to such a low level of intellectual discussion. But then they generally aren't aware of where such words come from.

Bellyfeel me my blackwhite newspeak!

I don't think he meant it in that way, I think he meant acting homophobic on the website.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

For example, we don't tolerate bots.

Is this true? Asking for a friend ... her, uh, profile view count suddenly spiked and continues to rise inversely proportionate to my her popularity. Repeat visitors with no avatar are scary bots, she tells me. 

All Stop. On Screen.

These folks should have better things to do.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wals the point is not to do better things; sure there's starvation, rape and war in Africa, India and the rest of the Third World but doing something about those would require going to those places and suffering for the cause. I want a cause that I can champion from the comfort of my home, preferably over the Web or strictly on the first World.

village_idiot.gif

Wals the point is not to do better things; sure there's starvation, rape and war in Africa, India and the rest of the Third World but doing something about those would require going to those places and suffering for the cause. I want a cause that I can champion from the comfort of my home, preferably over the Web or strictly on the first World.

But you can fight for those causes from the comfort of your chair, too. All it takes is a modicum of awareness as a consumer and, most importantly, that you stop voting for the same douchebags that continue to support the status quo, election after election. No need to become a volunteer surgeon in Mali or anything.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.