Happy Valentines Day All

BruceVC

The Bulldog of Bishop's Stortford?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

pfft how many cynics... so what if it is commercialized, every holiday is, who cares? Its like "religious" holidays, I am atheist wtf do I care and yet I celebrate them all, in the end it is about the company and breaking the routine.

Sure valentine can be about flowers purchase, just like birthdays can be another dinner. It can also be another opportunity to say or do something special, as long as it is about you and not some stupid contest it will be priceless. Think in retrospect how all the nerve racking crap at the start were so enjoyable ;)

Anyway here some wub wub for you guys and gals :wub: :wub:

Edited by Mor

Well, since i am 1) single, 2) hardly know any women and 3) work in a workplace with almost no women, i wouldn't notice valentine's day if it there wasn't for this thread.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Dawwwww

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's Valentine's Day? Cool, that means chocolate will be on sale tomorrow.

...I've been married too long, it doesn't mean much. I remember the candy-grams and candy-hearts in highschool, tho. And of course

Heart_Kittens.jpg

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, I guess I will wish you non-single people a good Valentine's Day.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I stayed in on account of Mother Nature trying to kill me!

Got all my ironing done, and threw out a whole bin bag of old clothes. While watching Breaking Bad.

Now can't sleep. Suspect fence that blew away may blow back any moment.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I stayed in on account of Mother Nature trying to kill me!

Got all my ironing done, and threw out a whole bin bag of old clothes. While watching Breaking Bad.

Now can't sleep. Suspect fence that blew away may blow back any moment.

Tough night at the pub, any rude genital stories to share :dancing:   Also please tell me you are living in place where there no cloth donation "dumps"(like bottle recycling stations) or that you used one, otherwise I'd have to cough *Ass* into my virtual fist ;)

EDIT:

For all the ladies out there, here's Sexy Putin with dolphins.

I don't get the Sexy Putin meme :( He don't have the sexy looks, body, the smarts and or idolized for the roles played, lyrics preformed, etc.. Only thing I can thing of is the old rich and powerful dictator appeal :/ Edited by Mor

I don't get the Sexy Putin meme :( He don't have the sexy looks, body, the smarts and or idolized for the roles played, lyrics preformed, etc.. Only thing I can thing of is the old rich and powerful dictator appeal :/

Putin has a few sexy pics of himself he for some reason has strewn about the Kremlin.

It's a thing.

I made a nice dinner for Lady GD along with chocolate from Kilwins and a little present. It was nice. What came after was nice too.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My dinner date went really well so we decided to go out clubbing, that was a good idea until I started drinking Absinthe shooters, bad idea. I ended up getting very sick and the toilet became my friend :x

These things happen but the problem being it was my moms b-day the next day and she had planned a family gathering. They live 40 minutes drive one way and I genuinely didn't think it was wise for me to drive considering how poorly I felt. So my mom is understandably upset with me. I now need to redeem myself with her and my stepdad  which I am going to do :) 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela