Pictures of your games Part 4

LadyCrimson

It was more that I thought it was interesting if they did, perhaps there's some crossover references etc.

Anyway, dabbling with Distant Worlds: Universe. It's a spiritual successor to Master's of Orion II that's for sure. Although it's much more complex in most areas (and much less others)

Graphics are pretty late 1990s though.

My mighty Republic so far. Spanning 2 dozen systems or so, but only 5 habitable planet, 2 which are subjugated races. There are a 700 stars in this medium map, the big maps can have a load of races and up to 1500 star systems.

The blue dots are freighters and construction ships moving around and the triangles are combat vessels. The rest are systems, planets and bases.

KSBDSaj.jpg

The AI acts pretty smart actually and judging from the forums, act in accordance with their personality too (so aggressive and stupid aliens will rush you with little regards to tactics).

My enemy here is a primate and pretty intelligent. They generally try to build up defenses and probe mine - I'm stronger though, so here they are monitoring my defenses (the green dot) with a monitoring station just outside of my sensor radius (a scout ship spotted it) - so I'm moving a task force to take it out.

euBHFw3.jpg

Here my taskforce moves in for the kill.

nSQVBNk.jpg

The AI advisers will help you all they can, making sure you're using your resources properly. Which is a pretty nifty feature.

h1UTyaH.jpg

The cool thing is that there is a private sector in your empire, that will build bases, freighters etc etc, so the galaxy really feels alive pretty quickly. The AI will also control everything you want it to, even as far as moving your fleets and handling negotiations with other races. You decide exactly what you want to focus on. It helps with learning (the curve is pretty steep).

You know it's an interesting game when it's suddenly 2am and you only feel you started a few hours ago. :)

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

@Rosbjerg

Like naval warfare? How about hellishly complex strategy games? Does your inquisitive mind demand answers to such pressing questions like how many Combattante missile boats does it take to sink a Kirov battlecruiser? Don't mind aesthetics as dry as Death Valley? Have a spare $80 USD lying around? 

My friend, I have the game for you!

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1101

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I see Dutch in those Portal 2 screenshots... guess not only Steam is affected, but their Source games as well (cause IIRC you're not Dutch) xD

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I managed to finally get a somewhat stylish outfit for my Dark Souls character, it's too bad that only the helmet is really good for its weight. Then again, I've played the game through enough times to have the confidence to sacrifice stats for STYLE. Just gotta play well and not get hit.

9zIzv9B.jpg

For reference, my settings.  All maxed except AA, AF, and shadows (as an aside, I know it reads Intel HD Graphics, but I can assure you it's running off my GeForce GT 650M):

Tdr5kmg.jpg

My pops would love this cave.  Look at all those mushrooms to pick!

6kxsfpl.jpg

RHnP8pE.jpg

I'm about to have a smashing good time with that giant mosquito

8AgiVra.jpg

Probably not jams and compotes

2WatKGp.jpg

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

@Rosbjerg

What type of gameplay is it?

Is it full TB on the galaxy map and RT battle? how does it function?

It's real time, but otherwise very Master's of Orion II. You pause a lot though, so it feels TB :)

Tough to learn though, the AI plays well, pirates are disproportionally strong imo. Just got my ass handed to me by a legendary pirate faction although I was hands down the strongest player in the galaxy.  My strength rating was around 10:1 on most players and around 3:1 on the pirates.. Still, their ships were faster and more nimble, so they just flew around taking out all my infrastructure until my ships were unable to refuel and then looted everything..

Made me give up on it for now actually, because that was a pretty frustrating lesson.. heh

I will say though that I like the premise of the game - as technology evolves it doesn't just get better and better and better, it gets different.. and then you can optimize what you have. So you get a new engine design, it's a little slower than what you have, but it uses a different source of gas as fuel (maybe more abundant) and your ships can initiate a hyperjump in 6 seconds instead of 11. That's great for a small hit n' run fleet, but maybe not so relevant for a large strike force. It gives a lot of customization options and tweaks.. And it means that a proportionally weaker opponent may actually take you out, if they play smart and exploit your weaknesses.

That's something you often don't see in games, that old tech may be a lot better - if used smarter.

As for negatives, the UI is terrible - beyond terrible actually.. a lot of information you need to effectively play is not logically available and requires you to flip through a badly made encyclopedia and browse forums. And with great customization options also comes great confusion, which combined with a very very unforgiving game environment means that learning is very trail and error.. mostly error.. until you figure things out yourself.

One interviewer said that the game was great except in it's current state hard to learn and easy to master - and should really be the other way around. I'll have to agree with that, but it's more interesting than most 4X space games out right now. Also I'm a sucker for small quircky indie games.

Fortune favors the bald.

I have been playing Grim Dawn for the past couple weeks off and on and have a level 28 character and have really enjoyed the enhancements they keep making to the game and the added content. It has great atmosphere and good lore throughout. I'm excited for the final release hopefully before the end of the year.

• Like 1

Yeah, Grim Dawn is on my wishlist too. I really enjoyed Titan Quest, more so than any other action RPG as a matter of fact, and this looks even better. Especially the setting since I never really took to the ancient Greece mythology setting in Titan Quest..

Anyhow, I'm playing Watch_Dogs (does it really have that underscore there..?) and the graphics are superb. Running everything at max and 2560x1440 resolution. I'm hovering between 40-50 fps mostly, except in town where it goes as low as 28 (!) or the outskirts where it's at 60.

Watch_Dogs2014-5-29-23-38-6_zps3564e136.

Watch_Dogs2014-5-30-0-9-17_zpsbdf543fc.j

It's so annoying when people complain about the bad graphics in this game, that the E3 reveal a couple of years ago looked so much better. I honestly think this game looks absolutely superb. Especially in motion with the shadows and lights and NPC's everywhere.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I have been playing Grim Dawn for the past couple weeks off and on and have a level 28 character and have really enjoyed the enhancements they keep making to the game and the added content. It has great atmosphere and good lore throughout. I'm excited for the final release hopefully before the end of the year.

Yeah, Grim Dawn is on my wishlist too. I really enjoyed Titan Quest, more so than any other action RPG as a matter of fact, and this looks even better. Especially the setting since I never really took to the ancient Greece mythology setting in Titan Quest..

Yeah, I haven't played in several months, since B12, I think (they're on B18 now), and tons of stuff has changed.  Heck, I haven;t even reached the new act 2 area yet (though I did rebuild the bridge, just haven't had the stones to cross it yet).  I started a new character rather than picking up one of my old characters since it's been so long.  THey added a whole bunch more dialogue and lore into the game.  I'm sure a lot of people just skip through that stuff so they can get back to hacking and slashing, but I enjoy reading every piece of lore, even in a loot em up.

I hope B19 comes soon, we should get 2 handed melee weapons in that next build.

It's so annoying when people complain about the bad graphics in this game, that the E3 reveal a couple of years ago looked so much better. I honestly think this game looks absolutely superb. Especially in motion with the shadows and lights and NPC's everywhere.

The graphics certainly aren't bad, especially if you can push max settings.  The HBAO+ lighting effects during the day are pretty amazing.  My biggest gripe is that the game looks a bit disappointing at night.  Not bad, certainly, it's just that I played Sleeping Dogs recently, and that game looks amazing at night.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

texture resolution isn't everything, guys. from what I've seen in videos Watch Dogs' graphics aren't that good when you consider stuff that really matters, like dynamic lighting and reflections

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Screen_140602_202811.jpg

Screen_140602_202853.jpg

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

HkEzFRV.jpg

I don't think that routine check up went so well..

mlAd2In.jpg

Warden Kreig vs. Luaxanna - The Showdown!

WJVOtHv.jpg

I got The Warden's shield and a big ol' mallet (among other things) for my trouble.  That mallet is part of a set, but I don't have any other pieces yet.

eSMJMDY.jpg

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Now that I have a decent gpu, well decent compared to my last one, I'll have to play through TW2 again and enjoy the experience a little more this time. I would jump on the preorder train for TW3 but I'm assuming that I'll be playing that one on the PS4 due to pc system requirements when they're finally released.

But honestly, with the developers they are I'm sure it'll look great and play well, even on the console.

Bloom was the first thing I had to deactivate in TW2. It's just way too much, imo. The game looks better with bloom disabled.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

arma2oa_2014_06_07_19_55_40_466.jpg

some people playing DayZ have too much time on their hands

Walsingham said: