LadyCrimson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64c6VLNJQiE

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

so, now that we've seen all the money shots, is there a reason to go see Godzilla?

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

And with Captain America: The Winter Soldier crossing 650 million worldwide and spending 3 weeks at #1 in the box office, what was that about Superhero movies being a fad? Its a fad coming up on 20 years now...

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Has anyone posted that Sony will be making two Spider-Man spinoff movies, 'Venom' and 'The Sinister Six' yet? The later especially could be pretty interesting if they pull it off since these are spin-off movies not Spider-Man movies.

Edited by Serrano

so, now that we've seen all the money shots, is there a reason to go see Godzilla?

Considering Japanese trailers reveal the movie is about Godzilla AND another monster, I highly doubt you've seen all the money shots based on that extended look that didn't show the other monster at all.

Edited by TrueNeutral

watched McCullin, a docu about the famous British photocorrespondent. he sits down with the film crew to talk about his most memorable pictures, about being a war photographer, about his involvement in various armed conflicts. very revealing, highly recommend it. 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Tarkovsky is up there with Bergman, Kubrick and Kurosawa.

Anyone interested in movies as an art form should watch Solyaris and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. They pretty much changed my outlook on the human condition on profound level. Now, what kind movies does that?

Drowsy: I have actually seen El Dia da la Bestia. I expected a horror-movie, but having a priest trying to ressurect Satan by trying to committ simple thievery and listening to Heavy Metal set a completely different tone to it :lol:

Bergman & Trier are definitely among the best artistic-directors in Scandinavia

watching two TV series currently, greatly enjoying both.

first one is Community, comedy series that drew me in only with the power of its cast. but man, while it starts off slow (the pilot kind of gives you an idea: some bad dialogue, cheesy jokes and weak-ish delivery) but then it really picks up around episode 6 and really holds you all the way until the end of season 1. now I'm in the middle of season 2, and while some episodes are passable (still entertaining, compared to other stuff that's on TV these days), others are borderline brilliant (like the Christmas episode of season 2). 

in other words, the cast really makes an effort to salvage even the worst of lines, and while some of the characters don't look awfully fleshed out, by the time you're at episode 16 of season 2 you will have seen a wide range of emotions from all of them. overall, it's the best comedic series I've seen in a long while. the writers can be pushy with social issues at times, though (they seem to be adamant about fighting racism and sexism), and sometimes it works against them.

next stop, Jetstream - a Discovery Channel Canada documentary about fighter pilot training for the F/A-18C program. it shows how officers from the academy come to the training squadron to become fighter pilots. and it's exactly what you'd imagine it to be: very detailed, very well done (both directing and production values - almost reality-show-like) look at how fighter jocks are made. if you're into jets, I can't recommend this one enough. 

Walsingham said:

heh, I'll be looking forward to that GI Joe episode then :dancing:

I didn't like Scrubs because of its theme (hospitals, I hate them) and its cast. so never invested into it. Community is very close to my heart, though.

oh, and the first episode of Jetstream can be found on YouTube, to give the ones interested a taste of things to come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep1SvM5aVLA

Walsingham said:

the actors themselves, that's what I meant :rolleyes:

I'm not debating the fact that Community could've or did rip off Scrubs. it's all about the actors and director for me. the ones on the right in that pic I don't like at all.

Walsingham said:

I can't help it, I like Gillian Jacobs and Ken Jeong too much. and I was pleasantly surprised by Alison Brie's performance in season 2

348650.jpg

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

Of the top of my head BBtS had Robert Vaughn, Sybil Danning, George Pepard, Richard Thomas, and John Saxon in it. Nice sci-fi variation of the Magnificent Seven (with Robert Vaughn playing pretty much the same character he played in the original).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I liked Community better when it was called Scrubs.

Not an insult, I love Community because I miss the hell out of Scrubs.

Loved that show right up untill Season 9 - Then again, it already had an ending so that one can easily be ignored.

Loved that show right up untill Season 9 - Then again, it already had an ending so that one can easily be ignored.

I've seen both Community and Scrubs and I never got the same vibe. Community feels a lot like a cartoon whereas Scrub was more grounded and dealt with some tough subject matter.Community is more lighthearted. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's okay if you keep in mind that this season is actually a spinoff instead of another season but the network just forced them to pretend otherwise.

I've seen both Community and Scrubs and I never got the same vibe. Community feels a lot like a cartoon whereas Scrub was more grounded and dealt with some tough subject matter.Community is more lighthearted. 

I think you may be misremembering Scrubs.

Scrubs does have a couple of good serious moments (the death of Ben being a standout moment) but overall the show is ridiculous. Community has its fair share of serious as well, although the setting lends itself less to certain subject matter. At the same time, Community only weighs more towards sillyness because it is continuing what Scrubs started as a spiritual successor.

• Like 1

I always thought Scrubs was pretty whacky, and only occasionally bended in reality -- It had an entire episode play out like a musical, because some random female patient apparently suffers from a disease, where everyone around her would communicate entirely in song, despite the fact that from their point of view they do not -- so Cox goes lengths of trying to explain to the woman that she's probably mental. It was damn entertaining, but it also quite powerful when the show occasionally leaned toward a more serious tone. There's also an episode where main character J.D is fantasizing his entire workday as a sitcom. 

Edited by TheChris92