Sochi 2014

obyknven

Canada sucks big fat donkey balls!

;(

Not in coverage.

They suck because they played better than Finnish team most of the match and they had audacity to win.

It is typical view for Finnish sports fan in Olympics especially if it was Sweden on winning side.

;(

I'm rooting for anyone to beat them. The tears flowing here would be awesome.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

;(

You want your own country to be beaten?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

;(

Not in coverage.

They suck because they played better than Finnish team most of the match and they had audacity to win.

It is typical view for Finnish sports fan in Olympics especially if it was Sweden on winning side.

Don't you even bring that country into this.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

;(

Pretty much, yes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

;(

Pretty much, yes.

Wow the depths of your patriotism never ceases to amaze me Malc ;(

But if you don't mind me asking why would you not support your own country?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The Swedes must be loving live after winning the cross country relays and watching Norway choke yet again.

Almost as good as beating Finland in hockey!

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Wow the depths of your patriotism never ceases to amaze me Malc ;(

But if you don't mind me asking why would you not support your own country?

No particular desire to. I live here, that's all, and some millionaire NHLers getting another type of commercial to be in isn't that exciting to me.

Also, it's great fun to mock people who are overly invested in watching sports when their team loses.

I too wouldn't shed a tear if Kanada loses. I'd prefer Sweden, Russia, and the US to win in that order. Kanadians are the mosta rrogant pieces of  crap you'll ever meet. I should know I meet a lot of them. Espicially about hockey. Any time they can be taken down a peg or two is sweet justice.

P.S. It's pretty sad I'd prefer Russia to win even though Putin is a piece of epic crap.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I too wouldn't shed a tear if Kanada loses. I'd prefer Sweden, Russia, and the US to win in that order. Kanadians are the mosta rrogant pieces of  crap you'll ever meet. I should know I meet a lot of them. Espicially about hockey. Any time they can be taken down a peg or two is sweet justice.

P.S. It's pretty sad I'd prefer Russia to win even though Putin is a piece of epic crap.

...tell me where ye've been outside o' Canada ta flap yer gob 'bout this, dwarf...cuz I's been all o'er the world, when I's in the military, an' we Canadians be beloved worldwide cuz we ain't arrogant pieces o' crap, like some other countries...beloved...worldwide...some o' the crap that leaves yer gob should be shoved back in 'er... :getlost:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Alanis Morissette, Nickleback.

Also, it's great fun to mock people who are overly invested in watching sports when their team loses.

Oh god yes. Listening to talk back radio after the All Blacks lose at rugby is a beautiful, beautiful thing. So many people whose lives have been literally ruined by 15 blokes from New Zealand failing to beat 15 blokes from somewhere else as if that actually means something to their life.

(Unfortunately, if the ABs lose domestic violence complaints go up markedly...)

."..tell me where ye've been outside o' Canada ta flap yer gob 'bout this, dwarf...cuz I's been all o'er the world, when I's in the military, an' we Canadians be beloved worldwide cuz we ain't arrogant pieces o' crap, like some other countries...beloved...worldwide...some o' the crap that leaves yer gob should be shoved back in 'er... :getlost:"

The rest of the world is stupid and falls for our bull**** lies. L0L Kanadians not arrogant, full of themselves, and  are all nice? HAHAHA! Not the Kanadians I know. And, that includes the ones posting on Obsidian. Nice Kanadians is a myth.

Canada won fair and square, but boy that guy Crosby never ceases to annoy me. There was point in the game where there was a questionable penalty happening and Selänne and him got into an argument. You didn't hear it, but anyone can lipread 'mother******' when it is screamed into another guy's face, and coupled with that facial expression he had, uuuurgh. It was like watching a three year old not getting his favourite toy. 

Oh, i do hope for a Finland-Sweden game in the finals. It gets both teams to play to the fullest.

I do not mind the Swedes, i do however mind their media. For example, a swede winning something barely and even in a questionable way: "Ååh, va fräckt alltså. Sverige KROSSADE [x], faeeen va sköönt de känns".  ( = "That's so bold, Sweden CRUSHED [x], damn it feels so goooood!")

Same with finish media, but they wallow in dread and sadness instead, especially when the hockey-team loses to Sweden: "Murskavoitto Ruotselle! Leijonat kyyneleissä! Voiko suomen kanssa koskaan pärjätä tästä?" (="Crushing win by Sweden! The Lions in tears!* How can the people of Finland ever cope with this?") 

*the team is usually called 'the lions' in finish

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The rest of the world is stupid and falls for our bull**** lies. L0L Kanadians not arrogant, full of themselves, and  are all nice? HAHAHA! Not the Kanadians I know. And, that includes the ones posting on Obsidian. Nice Kanadians is a myth.

...in other words, ya got nothin' but more verbal feces...rest o' the world be wrong an' Volo the Butt-nanimous be above reproach...if'n ya hates Canada soo much, dwarf, do us all a favor an' leave...won't hurt any one o' us a bit... :getlost:

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Don't hate Kanada. Love it. I hate the types like you who believe the country and its people are perfect little snow angels.  Get your hdead unfrozen and see Kanada at is.  A country with its share of good and bad people. 

...tell me where ye've been outside o' Canada ta flap yer gob 'bout this, dwarf...cuz I's been all o'er the world, when I's in the military, an' we Canadians be beloved worldwide cuz we ain't arrogant pieces o' crap, like some other countries...beloved...worldwide...some o' the crap that leaves yer gob should be shoved back in 'er... :getlost:

Yeah, Canadians seem pretty arrogant I find, mainly about them being humble and nice (passive aggressive, really).  But then again, this is a nation whose national spirit is entwined with a coffee chain and a beer company. :p

Yeah, Canadians seem pretty arrogant I find, mainly about them being humble and nice (passive aggressive, really).  But then again, this is a nation whose national spirit is entwined with a coffee chain and a beer company. :p

Malc I am going to be honest

• you live in one of the most stable first world countries in the world.
  • you live a country that has some of the most beautiful nature in the world
  • your government is run well and levels of corruption is relatively low compared to other places
  • your country has invested in infrastructure and education
  • you have  a strong economy and your country is a  migration destination dream for millions of people

Your biggest issue is some obese mayor of a major city smoking crack. You guys really have a good deal and its not like your country expects you to anything for it except  for paying taxes and not being a social delinquent. And yet you and people like Volo still can't find it in yourself to do one thing that most people would do willingly...support your country in an international sports event..sorry to sound harsh but I think its a shocking attitude to have and I encourage you to look at yourself introspectively and change your view :)

John Milton 

I can get some patriotic pride, cheering for your team\team mates, but these kind of generalizations and hop to bring people down or mock them :x

Malc I am going to be honest

• you live in one of the most stable first world countries in the world.
  • you live a country that has some of the most beautiful nature in the world
  • your government is run well and levels of corruption is relatively low compared to other places
  • your country has invested in infrastructure and education
  • you have  a strong economy and your country is a  migration destination dream for millions of people
Your biggest issue is some obese mayor of a major city smoking crack. You guys really have a good deal and its not like your country expects you to anything for it except  for paying taxes and not being a social delinquent. And yet you and people like Volo still can't find it in yourself to do one thing that most people would do willingly...support your country in an international sports event..sorry to sound harsh but I think its a shocking attitude to have and I encourage you to look at yourself introspectively and change your view :)

None of the stuff listed is a reason to root for them or engage in all of this flag waving idiocy, hardly shocking or something worth introspection over - 'Oh no..I won't wear any thing with a Maple Leaf on it and whine about a vast conspiracy to deny us medals, for shame'.

And come now, Mor, there's no greater joy than asking a United fan how they like their new manager (extra points if you can work in a plane reference, that also drives them batty).

. "And yet you and people like Volo still can't find it in yourself to do one thing that most people would do willingly...support your country in an international sports event..sorry to sound harsh but I think its a shocking attitude to have and I encourage you to look at yourself introspectively and change your view :)"

It's a sporting event.  Geez. It'sm not like if we lose our country is destroyed. Ahh.. who I am kidding. If Kanada doesn't win hockey gold, our country would estroy itself with xcuses, and poor sportsmanship. LMAO

I am loyal to Kanada. Great country. Doesn't mean I have to blindly follow the lemmings.