The Funny Things Thread.

Rosbjerg

That was a really long .gif to sit through, but with the IceAge reference, it was worth it. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Heh. Here's one that Hurl might appreciate..

A French mathematics teacher is said to have devised a powerful technique for keeping classroom chatter to a minimum: Whenever his class gets too noisy, he simply writes a spoiler from Game of Thrones on the board. As in: "Oh, you haven't finished reading A Storm of Swords? LET ME TELL YOU EVERYONE WHO DIES."

According to Belgium's Nieuwsblad, the teacher, at wits end with his noisy class, asked which of his students watched Game of Thrones. Around three quarters of the students raised their hands. "Well, I've read all the books," the teacher replied. "If there's too much noise, I will write the names of the dead on the board. They are enough to fill the whole year and I can even describe how they die."

When students in the class decided to test him, he delivered on his word, writing the names of everyone killed through the end of the series' third season, "for those who [had] not seen it." This resulted in what one student described as "a religious silence" for the rest of the lesson.

Nieuwsblad says the story was picked up from French site DansTonChat, where one of the teacher's students first related the event, so it's difficult to confirm its veracity. Still, is it really so hard to believe a teacher like this exists? Someone who is long since caught up with the first five books of A Song of Ice and Fire and has no qualms with ruining things for his students?

More to the point, is it so hard to believe a teacher like this could exist? We can't help but hope that, somewhere out there, a teacher (who is also a rabid Game of Thrones fan) is reading this and deciding at this very moment to employ the spoiler tactic in his or her own classroom. Because it's evil. And it's brilliant.

• Like 6

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For those of you that play Crusader Kings (or Paradox games in general), this thread is hilarious and a great example of just how random these games can be..

So now I have put down the revolts, and my army of the damned terrorize the Irish High Kingdom and there's not a damned thing anyone can do about it but stare in utter horror of the fulfillment of a satanic plot to overthrow a kingdom blessed by the arrival of a warrior saint who now weeps over the corpses of her dead family.

Help me.

I guess no one on that thread knew the plot of The Omen.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

All "American" aren't white, its down to the type of chicken laying the egg.

Weird that that is even a thing.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

All "American" aren't white, its down to the type of chicken laying the egg.

Weird that that is even a thing.

there is a breed of chicken that is always white and grow fat fast. these are the chicken that you buy at the supermarket to cook, also knowk as "meat birds". if they are used for laying eggs, then the eggs are white. the "normal" chicken are various shades of brown and lay brown eggs

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

There's lots of brown eggs in the grocery store. But it's true that often in movies and TV shows and ads, eggs shown tend to be the white ones so the association tends to be with those, for many. I find the only difference to be that brown eggs (sold here) seem to have a bit thicker shells. And tend to be a little smaller than the "jumbo" white eggs can be.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts