What you did today

Rosbjerg

Woke up. Pestered hubby a while. We blew our noses a lot. Watched hubby play a game for a while (while lightly dozing). Went to the store to spread my germs (sorry, world, I needed groceries). Made some food. Napped some more. Played a game with hubby a bit. Watched TV. Hubs went to bed. Going to play a little solo-game then shuffle and snuffle into bed as well.

....one of those extra quiet days.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

First serious day back at work today and it's been a bit f***-crazy. Everybody's forgotten everything over the Christmas period and I spent an hour this morning talking one woman through changing her wireless password.

Dirty deeds done cheap.

A good friend organised a walk in the countryside today. He did the same thing last year.

I told him in no uncertain terms to **** off.

Although the weather isn't really that bad, and I have adequate wet weather gear, there is no good reason why anyone would enjoy going out on a day like this. It's perverse.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, down here on the coast the weather is ****ing awful.

Wind, rain, utter miserably grey bastardness of weather. The sort of weather that makes English Weather stereotypes around the world.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Oh man, I just learned that the recently retired F1-superstar Michael Schumacher had a bad skiing accident and that hes now in a coma with severe head injuries. That sucks, what is it with all my childhood motorsports superstars getting killed off? Richard burns, Colin McRae and now Schumacher? :(

I really hope he makes it. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

A good friend organised a walk in the countryside today. He did the same thing last year.

I told him in no uncertain terms to **** off.

Although the weather isn't really that bad, and I have adequate wet weather gear, there is no good reason why anyone would enjoy going out on a day like this. It's perverse.

Well, down here on the coast the weather is ****ing awful.

Wind, rain, utter miserably grey bastardness of weather. The sort of weather that makes English Weather stereotypes around the world.

Pretty grotty here, the ten minute walk to work was enough to soak me, screw walking for fun.

Gore-tex, good chaps. Even Englishmen can wear it, now that Barbour does some of their coats in it.

Oh man, I just learned that the recently retired F1-superstar Michael Schumacher had a bad skiing accident and that hes now in a coma with severe head injuries. That sucks, what is it with all my childhood motorsports superstars getting killed off? Richard burns, Colin McRae and now Schumacher? :(

I really hope he makes it. 

I hear he tried to knock out the guy who was right behind him.

Too soon? Too EARLY?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Realized I sometimes stay in mmo's just for the chat. Maybe I need to do some irc again or something.

Breakfast before bed.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Been at the grandparents for a few days, got soaked yesterday in the city to watch blue man group, although their show is very obviously outgrown the theatre they were in.

Now I am just relaxing for the day.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Having one of those slow starts to the day, feeling a little tired and a touch disconnected right now. Friends out of the country, friends with new kids, friends engaged and pregnant, and some idle flirting with a couple of ex's.

I think my mood is..

b5_GettingDrunk_zpsbc1f8c3e.gif

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I cant decide what to do tonight. Weve been invited to a friends for New Years Eve but their house is about an hour away and were supposed to get 3-5" of snow today, which basically doubles (or more) the travel time. Also due to the distance we would probably sleep there tonight, which I don't like doing. Meh, guess it will be a game time decision.

Tonight I'm heading to a friends place for Lamb on a Spit to see the NY in. I have bought a good bottle of vodka but I'm getting huge pressure on me to go to various NY parties which I need to resist as I actually want to wake up this NY and not get home in the afternoon :aiee:

But more importantly HAPPY NY EVERYONE :dancing:  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My spine is causing me real trouble. BUt I've necked abunch of assorted painkillers and am recording some songs with a friend.

Still going out tonight to get calhooned.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Picking my mother up from the hospital a little later today.

She had an appendectomy. She'd been sitting on stomach pains for 24 hours before seeing a doctor.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Spent 250 bucks on fireworks, the REAL stuff. This new years eve is going to be insane. The only downside is I'm the guy responsible for the fireworks so no drinks for me, but thats a small sacrifice. 

I also built a crude but effective bore brush for the 15cm mortar made of a towel, a broom handle and some tape. Its necessary to wet-wipe the bore after each shot to prevent getting my arm blown off while reloading a shell that is cooking off from burning residue from the previous shot. Scary thought- 

I'll also use it to push the shells down the bore. I hate putting my whole arm into a mortar holding a life shell.

mortar_zps6dccb672.jpg

She had an appendectomy. She'd been sitting on stomach pains for 24 hours before seeing a doctor.

Ouch. She can go home the same day she had the surgery?

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Spent 250 bucks on fireworks, the REAL stuff. This new years eve is going to be insane. The only downside is I'm the guy responsible for the fireworks so no drinks for me, but thats a small sacrifice. 

I also built a crude but effective bore brush for the 15cm mortar made of a towel, a broom handle and some tape. Its necessary to wet-wipe the bore after each shot to prevent getting my arm blown off while reloading a shell that is cooking off from burning residue from the previous shot. Scary thought- 

I'll also use it to push the shells down the bore. I hate putting my whole arm into a mortar holding a life shell.

mortar_zps6dccb672.jpg

Ouch. She can go home the same day she had the surgery?

It's not quite the same day. But mostly because she was so late getting there last night. Apparently, recovery from an appendectomy is simple.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's not quite the same day. But mostly because she was so late getting there last night. Apparently, recovery from an appendectomy is simple.

Recovery is simple, but it still hurts like a mofo for a few days. Well, at least mine did. My scar is extra long. Maybe they can do it with a tiny hole and a laser tube now, for all I know. :lol: But yeah, it's not a long hospital stay type deal as long as there's no complications.