BUMP

StarCrawlers needs some money!

In StarCrawlers you'll be navigating the halls of massive abandoned ships and sneaking through corporate facilities in a dynamic and interactive environment. Hack terminals to create shortcuts or find valuable data, disable or evade a variety of traps, grab as much salvage as you can carry, and keep your eyes peeled for hidden areas, loot and enemies.

Combat in StarCrawlers has a traditional turn-based RPG style with a time unit action system. Unleash a series of light attacks with speedy, low cost actions, or strike a mighty blow with a heavy, high cost action. Smart choices about which abilities to use and when make the difference between victory and defeat. Take a look at the video below to see combat in action.

Backed StarCrawlers because it was cheap (under $15) and DRM free and if that isn't a ringing endorsement then I don't know what is

How did I miss this, backed.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

t

I bet it's the US hacking things again to spy on people. Who else would do it? Nobody.

mmmm..the Chinese and they have done it before. What is my present for answering the question?

Hacking computers to spy on people?

North Korea, Britain, Russia, France, Iran, Syria, ... to name but a few.

LOL, NK doesn't even have internet. You, dude, should watch the news more. USA has the largest spying program in the world as it has recently been revealed.

Every country tries to engage in cyber espionage and cyber warfare to a certain degree, its effectiveness is determined only by the investment they can afford to make. The only reason the countries like Russia and China don't have the equivalent to the Prism program is because they haven't committed the necessary resources to create it  and most of the programs that Prism monitors actually were designed in the USA so its easier for them to integrate Prism into these programs

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's just too easy to forgive America for it's spying. They only do it for the good, to catch the bad, right Brucey?  :)

No the USA needs to address the concerns around Prism  :)

But we shouldn't be naïve and think that every other country doesn't also use almost every means at its disposal to spy on people in the interest of national security.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I bet it's the US hacking things again to spy on people. Who else would do it? Nobody.

mmmm..the Chinese and they have done it before. What is my present for answering the question?

Hacking computers to spy on people?

North Korea, Britain, Russia, France, Iran, Syria, ... to name but a few.

LOL, NK doesn't even have internet. You, dude, should watch the news more. USA has the largest spying program in the world as it has recently been revealed.

Wait. You mean the NSA is involved in spying on everyone?

I'm shocked.

It's still conspiracy theory-y to say every hack is the gov'ment.

• Like 1

Thread pruned a bit as discussion went from pointless to tasteless. Let's try to steer back to Kickstarter again?

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Roam is looking promising. Latest update showed off some of the construction options and how some buildings interact with each other when you overlap them. Definitely looking good for $100,000

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Saga Heroes

"Saga Heroes is an action/adventure RPG where you, a humble villager, are called on a quest to save the world from evil by uncovering the cause of the corruption of the land by a cult called The Shadow, whose sole purpose is to release the Elder God of Death, Goth-Azul."

In other words, standard swords & sorcery stuff. To me the goal of $10,000 seems pretty low for the graphical quality and planned platform ports. But it might be good.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Roam is looking promising. Latest update showed off some of the construction options and how some buildings interact with each other when you overlap them. Definitely looking good for $100,000

That it does:

Also, Tesla Effect update:

2k resolution FMV, pretty snazzy!  :biggrin:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's just too easy to forgive America for it's spying. They only do it for the good, to catch the bad, right Brucey?  :)

Are we asking for forgiveness? No. :p

Nations that aren't sufficiently proficient at spying end up with their fleet of battleships getting torpedoed and sunk by a surprise attack. So I'm all for having a top notch spy service.

But this is way off topic...

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Are we asking for forgiveness? No. :p

Nations that aren't sufficiently proficient at spying end up with their fleet of battleships getting torpedoed and sunk by a surprise attack. So I'm all for having a top notch spy service.

But this is way off topic...

Companies end up losing tenders when you don't know how much the other guy is offering, and other disasters like that :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There's an active KS for an RPG called Subterranea:  

It uses OGL system (basically D&D 3.5) ruleset. 

I  backed this game day one because (1) it’s a tactical turn-based party cRPG based on a good ruleset, (2) the physics stuff looks really cool, there will be multiple choice branching dialogues with lots of opportunities to use bluff, diplomacy, and intimidate skills (this may not be apparent from the KS, but I’ve asked the developer and he confirmed this is the plan), (4) it’s a create your own party RPG, which is rare these days…sure I like companions with personalities in some RPGs, but there's something so fun about being able to create your ultimate adventuring party.

Tremble mortals and despair, doom has come to this world!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2110528317/dark-skyes-an-epic-brony-dating-sim

id27OyJCea3rT.gif

I knew this day would come, but I was still not prepared.

Edit:  Spite pledging/purchasing sounds like the most brilliant thing ever.  "Hey guys, I bought this ****ty game and now I'm out twenty bucks.  Ha ha, joke's on you!"

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks