What you did today

Rosbjerg

I ate something bad last night and have lived on the toilet for much of the day.  Ugh.

Serves you right for all that health food you keep eating, I think its time for a double cheese, bacon and peperoni pizza !!

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Finding myself a little bit discombobulated and semi-anti-social this weekend for no particular reason that I can figure.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I ate something bad last night and have lived on the toilet for much of the day.  Ugh.

I had that same at lunch, so I missed the partee I was supposed to go to in the evening. Now on my way back to the ****ing boondocks for the next two weeks, fml.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Whilst removing my pop tart from the toaster over, my right index finger sank into the liquefied frosting on the top, which instantly re-solidified on my finger like candle wax. Insanely hot candle wax. Im now sporting a ~pea sized soon-to-be blister exactly where my finger clicks the mouse button. :(

Whilst removing my pop tart from the toaster over, my right index finger sank into the liquefied frosting on the top, which instantly re-solidified on my finger like candle wax. Insanely hot candle wax. Im now sporting a ~pea sized soon-to-be blister exactly where my finger clicks the mouse button. :(

That's sounds terrible, sorry to hear. What is the purpose of liquefied frosting in a toaster?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Don't even BEGIN to question frosted pop tarts.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Drunk from friday until now basically. Grand meetup at friend's new bought house plus celebration that 2 are becoming dads. So food and alcohol in abundance. Then I had to get to my nephews birthday today. Looking like a trainwreck and feeling worse. Guess I realized what kinda uncle I am. :-

• Like 6

Fortune favors the bald.

Drunk from friday until now basically. Grand meetup at friend's new bought house plus celebration that 2 are becoming dads. So food and alcohol in abundance. Then I had to get to my nephews birthday today. Looking like a trainwreck and feeling worse. Guess I realized what kinda uncle I am. :-

There are worse kinds of uncles to be....

• Like 1

Keep the blister moist (with skin lotions), that way its heals quicker and hurts less.

What I did today:...or what my hair did today. My hair has reached this awful length where its too short to be long and too long to be short.  It just looks messy. I can't wait till it grows another 15cm, too bad that will take a year or so. Blergh...where is my baseball cap...    :banghead:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

What I did today:...or what my hair did today. My hair has reached this awful length where its too short to be long and too long to be short.  It just looks messy. I can't wait till it grows another 15cm, too bad that will take a year or so. Blergh...where is my baseball cap...    :banghead:

Strange, I've always thought you'd strictly err on the short side :)

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

...mournin' the ten-year o' the sinkin' o' the Isle with football & beer... ;(

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Strange, I've always thought you'd strictly err on the short side :)

I've been tired of always having the same short haircut and felt the need to celebrate that I'm turning 25 in three weeks and still not losing hair so I swore an oath to grow my hair and not cut it short (Just trim maybe) till Dragon Age 3 (took a random date) is released end of the coming year. 

Something like this would be nice, need another 5 months for that I guess.    :getlost:

long_men_hairstyle_34.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Me: *uses hands to pull out big gobs of weeds*

Neighbor: "You're doing that the hard way, y'know."

Me: *rips up some letters by hand*

Hubby: "Didn't you buy a shredder?"

Me: "Yes, so?"

Me: *dusting at 6am near wall furnace, notice the metal slats are sooper dusty, get obsessed cleaning them one by one with a rag, burn fingers, keep going*

Hubby: *wakes up, watches me* ... "Could take the grates off the wall, take them outside and hose them off, remember?"

Me: "Yeah, I know, but it's not as fun."

• Like 5
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Azdeus: My hand is numb from the pain. I not only cut myself, I chopped off a little bit at the very top of the finger.I tried using the keyboard and even if I never use my thumb to type, it hurts.

Ahh... ouch, that really sucks, my friend managed something similar with his pinkie two midsummers ago while chopping up meat for our grilling. We did not find the top part, so someone got some long pig... 

What did you do?

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I put on the wrong shoes this morning. Mind like a sieve.

You actually wear shoes? :unsure:

I always assumed you lived a more rustic and austere lifestyle and shoes just weren't part of it, okay this proves once again that you learn things almost very day on these forums :thumbsup:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Took delivery of an armful of parcels from Amazon today. None for me. This time of year is both fun and a huge ball-ache.

During the weekend, I went to the top of St Paul's on Satuday and Warwick castle on Sunday with the missus. Got some pretty good photos.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Phone conversation today:

"Okay, we need to set up the proper communication strategy to make this pitch and get a response."

"Sure. You nag, I'll whine."

• Like 1

Dull day.  Was a good football game yesterday, if only this had gone in :p

TlDD9VI.gif

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had a mini burn out today. Had it with the ****ing snakes on this ****ing plane. Or getting threatened by street dealers and all that sort of crap. Probably gonna tell my bosses that I need to get back to Helsinki to friends, family and da laydees and that I'd rather do it with them knowing than behind their backs.

• Like 4

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Had a mini burn out today. Had it with the ****ing snakes on this ****ing plane. Or getting threatened by street dealers and all that sort of crap. Probably gonna tell my bosses that I need to get back to Helsinki to friends, family and da laydees and that I'd rather do it with them knowing than behind their backs.

That sounds very unpleasant, I think you should move back to Helsinki. Its really what you are most comfortable with and the reality is we distinguish ourselves in environments where we feel most comfortable :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

Pretty apt topic there, Nep. I'm considering a job change to a more stable better paid position elsewhere in teh country. But I haveto say I just think everyone at the new place looks miserable as ****.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Azdeus: My hand is numb from the pain. I not only cut myself, I chopped off a little bit at the very top of the finger.I tried using the keyboard and even if I never use my thumb to type, it hurts.

Ahh... ouch, that really sucks, my friend managed something similar with his pinkie two midsummers ago while chopping up meat for our grilling. We did not find the top part, so someone got some long pig... 

What did you do?

This happened at work. During lunch, a kid asked me if I could cut his apple. So I did, only problem was that the top of my finger decided it wanted to part ways with me. As soon as I felt the pain, I knew what had happened and calmly walked away, covering the blood with my other hand. I then bandaged the wound after making it stop bleeding for 15 minutes. Stayed at work, went home and took some painkillers and that was that. Feels a bit better now. Doesn't constantly hurt.

Scared the crap out of the children with a completely different story.

• Like 1

What did you do?

s

This happened at work. During lunch, a kid asked me if I could cut his apple. So I did, only problem was that the top of my finger decided it wanted to part ways with me. As soon as I felt the pain, I knew what had happened and calmly walked away, covering the blood with my other hand. I then bandaged the wound after making it stop bleeding for 15 minutes. Stayed at work, went home and took some painkillers and that was that. Feels a bit better now. Doesn't constantly hurt.

Scared the crap out of the children with a completely different story.

Hobbits attacked you?

-Elwood Blues