What you did today

Rosbjerg

I am mourning the loss of a dear friend who passed away much too young. No, not the dog, thank God. He's fine. It's that brand new laptop I just bought. After just 10 short months of being dragged around the country, designing and building public Wi-Fi access points in the smallest and dumpiest malls and schools in the mid-south, countless hours campaigning in Skyrim and across the war torn battlefields of 1700s Europe (ETW for those who don't get the reference), and watching every Tampa Bay Rays game that came on while I was on the road this year, she refused to boot up Monday morning. What a bummer!

Fortunately thanks to the folks at Dell who honored their warrantee and SkyDrive & MacAfee online back up services I'm back in business!

Better it fails under warranty than after a more extended run, surely?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I am mourning the loss of a dear friend who passed away much too young. No, not the dog, thank God. He's fine. It's that brand new laptop I just bought. After just 10 short months of being dragged around the country, designing and building public Wi-Fi access points in the smallest and dumpiest malls and schools in the mid-south, countless hours campaigning in Skyrim and across the war torn battlefields of 1700s Europe (ETW for those who don't get the reference), and watching every Tampa Bay Rays game that came on while I was on the road this year, she refused to boot up Monday morning. What a bummer!

Fortunately thanks to the folks at Dell who honored their warrantee and SkyDrive & MacAfee online back up services I'm back in business!

That made me laugh GD, I was really expecting something sad...good one :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think I need about 5 more powerful computers in my pc room/office, all turned on 24/7. It might warm up the room enough where I don't need to wear 5 layers of clothes and blankets.

Up early, gamed a bit, heading to the showers and then out and about.

I'll watch lots of [ ... ] Samurai Champloo.

I love that series.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think I need about 5 more powerful computers in my pc room/office, all turned on 24/7. It might warm up the room enough where I don't need to wear 5 layers of clothes and blankets.

Up early, gamed a bit, heading to the showers and then out and about.

I'll watch lots of [ ... ] Samurai Champloo.

I love that series.

It and Cowboy Bebop are my favorite anime series, but then again, I haven't watched that many.

Group A: Brazil, Cameroon, Mexico, Croatia
Group B: Spain, Chile, Australia, Netherlands
Group C: Colombia, Cote D'Ivoire, Japan, Greece
Group D: Uruguay, Italy, Costa Rica, ENGLAND!
Group E for Easy: Switzerland, Ecuador, Honduras, France
Group F: Argentina, Nigeria, Iran, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Group G: Germany, Ghana, USA, Portugal
Group H: Belgium, Algeria, South Korea, Russia

Couldn't be better lol

Meanwhilst Netherlands and Albion are screwed.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Tough group for the Germans.  Here's to England getting slapped out early.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Group A: Brazil, Cameroon, Mexico, Croatia

Group B: Spain, Chile, Australia, Netherlands

Group C: Colombia, Cote D'Ivoire, Japan, Greece

Group D: Uruguay, Italy, Costa Rica, ENGLAND!

Group E for Easy: Switzerland, Ecuador, Honduras, France

Group F: Argentina, Nigeria, Iran, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Group G: Germany, Ghana, USA, Portugal

Group H: Belgium, Algeria, South Korea, Russia

Couldn't be better lol

Meanwhilst Netherlands and Albion are screwed.

Thanks for saying that the Netherlands are screwed. Everytime people say we're screwed, we end up doing extremely well. When people think we're a shoe in, we will always fail.

I thought your problem was just egos showing up and things falling apart.  On the bright side no really boring games ahead - well maybe England when the kittens bunker up.  But nothing like Tunisia - Saudi like in '06.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

France will draw 0-0 and 1-1 with Honduras and I-forget-what, and then lose 2-0 against Switzerland.

England will crash out of the group, doesn't matter who you put in that group. They'd be my favourite option to pair up against any team I like.

I hope the Dutch do well but I don't see the problem of Robben and van Persie unable to play with each other ever being resolved, which means you're always playing with 10 men relying on a one-trick pony.

Hehehe, I'm not to worried about getting gassed, but I live in a wooden house, with wood floors, with cracks in them. With some maximum bad luck though, a spark from the fireplace kan get by the fireplace screen and lodge in the floorboards

What does your insurance company say to that?   :wowey:

The insurance company cares naugt aslong as I get a chimneysweep here atleast twice a year, as far as I know. But... there are others, more insidious powers than insurance people afoot.

"What's that you say? Change the floor? Go **** yourself, we will sue you out of all the money in your family and then some! Those floorboards are from the 1800's and they are staying! What? You want to put something OVER those boards?! NEIN! You will not change one IOTA on that house or we will END YOU! It's heritage marked and you will not change anything!

Wait... what's that?! Stairwell on the side? How long has that been there?! Since the 40's?! ... If you know what's good for you, you will remove that. What do you mean, you live on the top floor and you need to get up there? What makes you think that is MY problem!? Get a ladder! And that balcony... how long? The 1890's? ... *Glare* That was'nt there when the house was built then... you might want to see that removed too... I don't care that the front door is underneath it, use the old one. Too bad they built the toilet there then, they should've thought about that!"

Incase anyone wondered where all the Nazi's hid after the war, I'm fairly certain I can give a good guess...

The house is old enough that we're not allowed to change the look on the house at all, but it's only of minor local historical interest, wich is enough to get beaurocrazy on us.

Its amazing and scary to think of an entire country being bought to its knees by bad weather. At least you can do some gaming and people can't say to you " why don't you go outside and get some sun "

:biggrin:

You know what's really crazy about it? It's Sweden, snow is'nt exactly rare here... And they are moving to forbid proper winter tyres aswell. Heaven forbid that they were to keep plow trains ready aswell, or hire people to properly maintain powerlines for the trains...

Can't game. Accidentally cut of a pice of my thumb.

I'll watch lots of football, Arrow, Boardwalk Empire and Samurai Champloo.

I moght play something if I can play with mouse only controls.

Why would'nt you be able to use the keyboard with a cut on your thumb? o.O

Or are we like talking half an inch here?

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Azdeus: My hand is numb from the pain. I not only cut myself, I chopped off a little bit at the very top of the finger.I tried using the keyboard and even if I never use my thumb to type, it hurts.

Ended up watching 10 episodes of Samurai Champloo and also the WC draw.

Something ...awry with my back. I haven't been in this much pain with it as long as I can recall. Couldn't sleep last night. Had to take painkillers and have a hot bath to relax the muscles.

Just awful.

Work today. NOt sure how the **** this is going to happen. But I'm getting ready now. Very very carefully.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Something ...awry with my back. I haven't been in this much pain with it as long as I can recall. Couldn't sleep last night. Had to take painkillers and have a hot bath to relax the muscles.

Just awful.

You need to immediately see a doc, he'll give you painkillers via injection which is absolutely necessary because back pain can turn into a permanent problem even when you've just pinched a nerve. A couple of years ago I had a biking accident and had severe pack pain from a pinched nerve, the pain gradually increased to a point where my legs were affected as well and I couldn't find any sleeping position that didn't hurt horribly.

It took three weeks till the pain decreased to a level where I could sit, walk and sleep again. Hot showers and painkillers barely helped at all.

Go to a good doc before it gets worse. 

What I did today: I just made a quick sketch for a friend of mine who works on those big industrial lathes, he'll make me this: 

12Halsmatritze_Michael_zps7d0e6635.png

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

When I picked my kids up this morning from their moms', I found out my youngest had Hand, Foot & Mouth disease.

I tend to at times wash my hand a lot. Unless I'm playing sports, I've got to wash them whenever they feel dirty. It's why I always wear doctors gloves when I'm working; even under my other work gloves. Otherwise I'd be in the washroom every 5 minutes washing my hands. I can be up to my elbows and beyond in oil and grease - that's fine. My hands - not so.

I've always taken consolidation in the fact that at least I'm not as bad as Howie Mandel in that sense. However today, I'm getting kinda close.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Just awful.

You need to immediately see a doc, he'll give you painkillers via injection which is absolutely necessary because back pain can turn into a permanent problem even when you've just pinched a nerve. 

This can't be stressed enough.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

My back injury is... 3 years old now?

Herniated disk, permanent bef***ing of the upper vertebrae also. Too late to worry about it going wrong. :) MOre of an iddiotcy wound, than a war wound. But same intention.

This is just me over-working it yesterday. It happens.

-Elwood Blues

Today I'm very sick. Going to watch netflix and study.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands