What you did today

Rosbjerg

Well I'd really llike for this patch of non-health to cLear up. Spent the night with a stomachache, Awake, kind of haZed into sleep as dawn hit. Been half waking up and fading out with a headache and just realised it turned 2pm

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It went great, we've hooked up before (she's a bartender at the bar I frequent), I just wanted to give her a proper date too. :)

Well, it certainly is nice to have a sexy woman to spend a rainy day in bed with.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Brought my fancy chess set (not really, got it from some guy when he was moving out of his home and was disposing of all his junk, back in 2005) to work, getting beaten handily by my coworker.  Should really learn to play chess someday.

Also office party tonight, whee. Sadly means my laundry schedule is messed up.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It went great, we've hooked up before (she's a bartender at the bar I frequent), I just wanted to give her a proper date too. :)

This would be the bartender who tickled your fancy before that you offended somehow?

The fact that I even have a rough idea what you're talking about probably means something. Do I spend too much time here? Do you overshare? If I post this when nobody is around, will anyone read it?

• Like 6

The fact that I even have a rough idea what you're talking about probably means something. Do I spend too much time here? Do you overshare? If I post this when nobody is around, will anyone read it?

:lol: That made me laugh and its not just the weed

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Also, this wimpy Californian is finding the 25F (-4C?) early morning to be really farking cold. I used to run around in shorts and flip flops during chilly winter rainstorms. But in another 20 years I'll probably be wrapping myself up in an afghan in the middle of summer. :disguise:

Don't elderly Californians reach their peak mortality rate mid-summer?

Also, this wimpy Californian is finding the 25F (-4C?) early morning to be really farking cold. I used to run around in shorts and flip flops during chilly winter rainstorms. But in another 20 years I'll probably be wrapping myself up in an afghan in the middle of summer. :disguise:

Don't elderly Californians reach their peak mortality rate mid-summer?

Here in Austria a lot more people died during the hot summer days than in winter. High temperatures are way more dangerous than low temperatures if you suffer from high blood pressure and a weak heart., like most old people do. 

What I did today: I reloaded some .45-90's today, with self-cast 500 grain LEE hard cast bullets. 

45-70-500_zps1e80add0.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Hope everyone who celebrated it had a fun Thanksgiving holiday.

But in another 20 years I'll probably be wrapping myself up in an afghan in the middle of summer. :disguise:

You clearly have a more elaborate view of the future of Afghanistan than I am used to. A strange occupation, to be used a comforter.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The storm from Germany has finally arrived in Austria, and it is hitting us hard, just had a 60 minute blackout and it was....beautiful and frightening at the same time. I looked out of the windows and I could not see a single artificial light source on the horizon, no street lights, nothing, just a grey, storm ridden landscape and an overcast sky with fast moving clouds dimly lit by by a small moon. 
I lit two candles and read a book which I enjoyed a lot, a pity that the power was back so quickly.

Frightening because once you're in a blackout you realize that electricity is everything. Nothing works without, you can't even see without it during the night and you take it for granted.

I can imagine that without electricity society would break down in a couple of weeks because absolutely everything works with electricity. Your freezer. Communications. Light. Gas pumps. Furnaces. Food production ...and so on. 

And now I'm glad I have a wood stove and lots of firewood. Don't need no electricity to keep me warm.   :no:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

Woodburning stoves rule. Fireplace beats them for sheer coziness, but they're nowhere near as handy.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I have a fireplace too but I'm too afraid to use it when asleep, if there goes something wrong my bedroom would turn into a gas chamber. I want to die a glorious death in battle while protecting my friends and loved ones from an infantry squad of evil robots with my trustiest rifle in my hands, not getting gassed to death in my sleep.  :blink:

• Like 1

I have a fireplace too but I'm too afraid to use it when asleep, if there goes something wrong my bedroom would turn into a gas chamber. I want to die a glorious death in battle while protecting my friends and loved ones from an infantry squad of evil robots with my trustiest rifle in my hands, not getting gassed to death in my sleep.  :blink:

You may have to settle for heart trouble or prostate cancer, you should definitively have some other options planned though. I hear wrestling with sharks is a good way to go.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Fell asleep at the Christmas party, was funny to be awoken by the waiter asking for my order.  Was a good nap, though.  Now I can't sleep which isn't good.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hehehe, I'm not to worried about getting gassed, but I live in a wooden house, with wood floors, with cracks in them. With some maximum bad luck though, a spark from the fireplace kan get by the fireplace screen and lodge in the floorboards.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

All public transports have been cancelled in the entire county. Going to stay indoors the entire weekend.

Its amazing and scary to think of an entire country being bought to its knees by bad weather. At least you can do some gaming and people can't say to you " why don't you go outside and get some sun "

:biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah we had the first few deaths in Greece this winter of people suffocating in their sleep because of smoke etc. With the financial crisis, wood stoves and the likes have become a popular alternative to normal heating, but people don't know how to properly use them, nor have buildings been designed for their use.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It's funny how it works - last year when I broke up with my gf of 3 years (I had been in relationships for almost 6 years at that point) ALL my old friends felt really sorry for me. Now I wouldn't get married and get kids at the same time as them.

But now of course they all live vicarious single-lives through me :grin:

LOL! so am I now that Shrike has retired! :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

All public transports have been cancelled in the entire county. Going to stay indoors the entire weekend.

Its amazing and scary to think of an entire country being bought to its knees by bad weather. At least you can do some gaming and people can't say to you " why don't you go outside and get some sun "

:biggrin:

Can't game. Accidentally cut of a pice of my thumb.

I'll watch lots of football, Arrow, Boardwalk Empire and Samurai Champloo.

I moght play something if I can play with mouse only controls.

I am mourning the loss of a dear friend who passed away much too young. No, not the dog, thank God. He's fine. It's that brand new laptop I just bought. After just 10 short months of being dragged around the country, designing and building public Wi-Fi access points in the smallest and dumpiest malls and schools in the mid-south, countless hours campaigning in Skyrim and across the war torn battlefields of 1700s Europe (ETW for those who don't get the reference), and watching every Tampa Bay Rays game that came on while I was on the road this year, she refused to boot up Monday morning. What a bummer!

Fortunately thanks to the folks at Dell who honored their warrantee and SkyDrive & MacAfee online back up services I'm back in business!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You may have to settle for heart trouble or prostate cancer

Take your blasted reality and go away. 

Hehehe, I'm not to worried about getting gassed, but I live in a wooden house, with wood floors, with cracks in them. With some maximum bad luck though, a spark from the fireplace kan get by the fireplace screen and lodge in the floorboards

What does your insurance company say to that?   :wowey: