Tom Clancy's 'The Division'

Monte Carlo

Hello. This is one of the few games that has got me excited about getting a PS4. Tactical MP post-apoc sand-box shooter with RPG elements?

Yes puh-leez.

Even Mrs. Monte has agreed to fly the team drone via her tablet.

So, is this game The Next Best Thing or over-hyped bollocks?

Personally, my favourite thing about the trailer (apart from the drone) is the laconic character voice-overs and the interaction with the environment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=681UCgTSB_g

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Over-hyped bollocks.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

*turns to leave then stops dead*

...Mrs Monte?

I always assumed you were married to a boot full of topsoil you brought back from the Falklands.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm very excited about this game. looks awesome in the video, sandbox coop against other players and their teams - I'm instantly sold. the only problem: if it's exclusive to PS4, then I'm not interested. but if they make it for the PC eventually, I'll be all over it. 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It apparently will be on our beloved PCs. Whether or not Ubisoft pulls a Grand Theft Auto V and put it off for another 6 months is another matter (that said, Ubisoft has been pretty good about simultaneous platform releases for their last few AAA titles like Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier). That it is being made by the folks behind World in Conflict is one of the biggest reasons I'm chomping at the bit for this.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

it looks so good I sometimes think it's just a pre-rendered video mimicking gameplay. 

also, it reminds me of Freedom Fighters for some reason (I loved that game)  :wub:

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm torn. It does look great, the premise is lovely. But it's Ubisoft, and the simple fact that it initially was'nt even mentioned coming to PC makes me think it'll be pretty **** control wise. Even though that might just have been some PR **** going on, because PC gamers are unbelievably gullible.

Also, what with all the F2P gimmicks and such going on, I'm not holding much hope for them not doing bad decisions there aswell.

And I'm a pessimist overall. And it's not World of Warcraft, Star Wars nor does it presumably have vampires in it, so I won't be able to get my friends interest. :(

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

but but but, aren't we all friends here?  ;( look how many of us are interested! 

Walsingham said:

but but but, aren't we all friends here?  ;( look how many of us are interested! 

It all depends on how far you're willing to take it. admittedly I'm not exactly one to hold up as a poster boy for Multiplayer.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Aww! :<

I would'nt have minded playing with americans or people from other places in the world, but you always want to be so "special" and insist on having your evening when it's either night or morning over here. If you just adjust your days inline with our and there would'nt be a problem! ^^

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Over-hyped bollocks.

I don't think we know enough to say that. What we do know is that it's one of the few games to really look next gen. Not even BF4 has these kinds of visuals. I'm glad it's third person shooter instead of FP. Gameplay looks solid, not sure about that crazy map UI though. I'm usually not interested in MP games but this has me intrigued. Of course with Ubisoft as publisher my excitement is tempered a bit.

Edited by licketysplit
  • Like 1

Games rarily live up to their previews.

It does look rather promising, but it's too early to get hopes up, especially if there's no PC-version of the bat ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think the world is more open though.

A game like Borderlands might be a better comparison.

What I remember from the E3 preview is that it's closer to an MMO than anything. With dynamically growing groups as more people show up, and I'd call it "guilds" instead of "divisions"

How do you mean?

I don't know if it's in the video previously posted here, but in the end of one, there is a group of hostile players that shows up. So I would assume that other players are around on the server, and it not being instanced either.

How do you mean?

I don't know if it's in the video previously posted here, but in the end of one, there is a group of hostile players that shows up. So I would assume that other players are around on the server, and it not being instanced either.

Well, the way I could see it is that it's more akin to dead island where your team starts at it's own server and slowly can allow itself to  be either dynamically inserted or allow an insertion from another server to create PVP