Movies you've seen recently

LadyCrimson

oh wow, Oldboy the remake currently holds a 30% rating on Rotten Tomatoes :lol:

"It isn't just Spike Lee's worst movie, it's practically his Wicker Man." 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The only good thing about the new OldBoy is that it has inspired me to research foreign remakes of American films. Nothing compares to watching Nigerian Titanic, or Indian ET. 

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I love it when you talk film to me.

But hey; big dreams on small countries, can't really blame them for wanting to make a big movie even though they don't have the budget.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I had zero interest in the pointless remake, but if it is so bad that it gives Rifftrax some work to do, then i there's a possibility that i might watch it :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I had zero interest in the pointless remake, but if it is so bad that it gives Rifftrax some work to do, then i there's a possibility that i might watch it :)

thanks I hadn't heard of rifftrax, though it's what I often do with my two best friends.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

If you're interested in Rifftrax, here's a sample from The Hunger Games: http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/hunger-games#sample

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Read about that about 27 mins after it happened, and sadly it looks real.

Looks like the universe has a sick sense of humor.

village_idiot.gif

Dead Man Down - This Colin Farrell revenge movie was pretty good, I enjoyed it.  Acting was top-notch.

I did occasionally wonder what lawless land this movie was set in, but it is best to ignore that type of thinking. 

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 2

Carter - Jason Statham doing Payback.  It was going along pretty well until Jennifer Lopez showed up.  She just ruined the pacing of the film completely.  I don't really have an issue with her as an actress, but this was not good casting.

Watched Apollo 13 last night. I've seen it a few times, but insisted on watching again when the girlfriend said, "Oh, that's the one where they blow up the asteroid? Yeah, I didn't like that film."

It's weathered pretty well, the lift off and other CGI sequences are starting to look a little dated, but considering the film's 15-odd years old, it's not nearly as bad as you'd expect.

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Machete Kills.

I love it. I thought the first was 'ok', but this one is what I expected. Robert Rodriguez is a genius. The man understands cinema!

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

wow, that footage from inside their spacecraft...  :blink:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Gal Gadot has been cast as Wonder Woman in Batman vs Superman. I hope she pulls a Christian Bale and gains 30 lbs for the role, she looks like a stiff wind could break her in 2. Otherwise not bad casting I guess.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg