Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

Yes, this forum used to be full of Bioware fanbois. I was a Bioware fanboi. The disdain for Bioware you see here (from, I reckon, about half of the forum) grew slowly as we saw a once great company degrade into what it is today.

Betrayal *sobs* nothing generates hate like... betrayal dammit.

I'm sorry, I've got to go and fix my mascara now.

Edit --- in all seriousness, despite it's flaws many of us actually liked DA:O and thought it was Bioware getting back on the horse. Then we saw DA2....

Monte I have absolute confidence that Bioware will deliver a worthwhile and entertaining RPG in the shape of DA:I

( of course this is relevant to the individual  as personally I enjoyed DA2 but I agree there are improvements that need to be made )

So what I would be asking myself if I was you is " what am I going to do when my faith is restored in Bioware" ..is it possible that we will see a new and improved Monte who believes that unicorns dance on rainbows ??  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, the whole jilted lover syndrome coupled with a few "I lost my virginity to baldur's gate (2) and it's never been special in the same way ever since" guys*. Doesn't mean there's actually anything wrong with the games or the people that make them ;)

*Pool of Radiance popped my CRPG cherry. And it's NEVER BEEN THE SAME!!! :( Happily, I've had time to get used to the idea... 25 years. :p

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

No, Bio has gone too far down the romance and cosplay route to win over people like me. I'm not their target audience.

Bioware = hubris. Now the doctors have bugged out I can't see the point of them anymore. Oh well, as Bryy says if DA:I isn't a AAA smash hit then EA will take them for that lonely walk in the woods.

• Like 3

sonsofgygax.JPG

Yes, this forum used to be full of Bioware fanbois. I was a Bioware fanboi. The disdain for Bioware you see here (from, I reckon, about half of the forum) grew slowly as we saw a once great company degrade into what it is today.

Edit --- in all seriousness, despite it's flaws many of us actually liked DA:O and thought it was Bioware getting back on the horse. Then we saw DA2....

Monte I have absolute confidence that Bioware will deliver a worthwhile and entertaining RPG in the shape of DA:I

( of course this is relevant to the individual  as personally I enjoyed DA2 but I agree there are improvements that need to be made )

If the game builds on DA:O then sure, I'll enjoy it. Although Bioware claiming they can make a sand-boxy game is a bit like Justin Bieber saying he can cover a Velvet Underground album. But if it's good, hey, I'll enjoy it. I'm not cutting my nose off to spite my face. I'm just very wary.

So what I would be asking myself if I was you is " what am I going to do when my faith is restored in Bioware" ..is it possible that we will see a new and improved Monte who believes that unicorns dance on rainbows ??  :biggrin:

No.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Hmm. I think we're in danger of taking things a touch too seriously. Way I see it, anyone criticising someone for cosplay, on an internet forum dedicated to RPGs, is treading on depth challenged ice while juggling rocks in a glasshouse- if they are being entirely serious. Indeed, the average observer may well think there's little difference in 'coolness' or whatever metric of superiority is being used. As such, it's simply easier to presume that they aren't serious as you end up thinking better of people and add years to your life from the reduced blood pressure.

Same for other stuff, I don't really care if Tali Sweat Analysis Man was being serious or not since it works great as satire, so satire it will forever be; and I appreciate the (no doubt deliberate) irony of professional Bioware haters who insist on being as obsessive in their dislike as the fans are in their like.

• Like 6

Hmm. I think we're in danger of taking things a touch too seriously. Way I see it, anyone criticising someone for cosplay, on an internet forum dedicated to RPGs, is treading on depth challenged ice while juggling rocks in a glasshouse- if they are being entirely serious. Indeed, the average observer may well think there's little difference in 'coolness' or whatever metric of superiority is being used. As such, it's simply easier to presume that they aren't serious as you end up thinking better of people and add years to your life from the reduced blood pressure.

Same for other stuff, I don't really care if Tali Sweat Analysis Man was being serious or not since it works great as satire, so satire it will forever be; and I appreciate the (no doubt deliberate) irony of professional Bioware haters who insist on being as obsessive in their dislike as the fans are in their like.

slow-clap.gif

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Zor I don't care what anyone says but I really think you looked cool and sexy in your Isabela cosplay outfit, so don't worry about the haters. I support your right for self-expression and support for the DA gaming world  !!!

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I felt DA:O was Bioware trying to get back on the horse but falling over in the process, getting their foot stuck in the stirrup and being dragged around by the horse who had promptly bolted (resulting in DA2 and ultimately ME3). So now the problem is twofold in that hopefully the hospital scans will show that nothing got so broken so badly that it'd never heal properly (loss of the docs), and that they haven't developed a post-traumatic fear of horses as a result.

Okay, tortured analogy over. I apologise in advance.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Zor I don't care what anyone says but I really think you looked cool and sexy in your Isabela cosplay outfit

Ye gads man, the world has enough problems without the thought of me doing a cross dress cosplay adding to them. I'm hairier than a barbary ape and there ain't a person with eyes who'd ever mistake me for a woman no matter the effort put in, I get a five o'clock shadow five minutes after shaving.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

Half the fun of games is rididuling those who take them too seriously, whether that be open letters, cosplay, virtual romancers, biased views or whatever. Personally I intend to keep laughing while they keep being ridiculous. Always look on the bright side of virtual life eh?

I'm surprised nobody's brought out the LEAVE BIOWARE ALONE! gifs yet, i'm sure they exist.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I play Company of Heroes 2 wearing a ushanka and drinking vodka.

Is this LARPing or Cosplay?

Edit: sorry couldn't resist, mind you the whole world is laughing at these guys. It's cruel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Edited by Monte Carlo
  • Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Edit: sorry couldn't resist, mind you the whole world is laughing at these guys. It's cruel.

How many lightning bolts does he have? ****ing cheaters ruin everything.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Wait, there were multiple opponents.  Why not just cast chain lightning?

For me, I've come to terms with the fact that the company that made Baldur's Gate (and MDK2, for that matter) no longer exists.  That doesn't mean that BioWare can't make good, or even great, games still, they obviously have some rather talented people working there (particularly that one chap in QA), but they're never going to make another game like Baldur's Gate again.  DA:O was a good attempt that got some things right and some things wrong, but it's pretty clear that's as close as they're ever going to get to making that type of game again, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that many of the people that made BG are no longer at BioWare.  

Everything I have seen and heard about DA:I suggests it will be a lot more DA2 than DA:O.  That's not necessarily a bad thing despite how poor a game DA2 was (and despite me wishing they would not only go further toward the DA:O end of the spectrum, but even past it in that direction).  DA2 had the potential for a good game in it, it was just quite obviously fast tracked out the door and basically released as a shell of a game without much body and soul in it.  While I don't like the direction DA2 went in, that doesn't mean it couldn't have been a good game had BioWare not had to make a xerox of a dungeon and combat encounter, then stuff a bunch of copies of said dungeon and combat encounter into the game.  With DA:I they've had a lot longer to work on it, hopefully that means they release a game with a bunch of content, rather than a few pieces of content xeroxed a bunch of times.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

( of course this is relevant to the individual as personally I enjoyed DA2 but I agree there are improvements that need to be made )

If the game builds on DA:O then sure, I'll enjoy it. Although Bioware claiming they can make a sand-boxy game is a bit like Justin Bieber saying he can cover a Velvet Underground album. But if it's good, hey, I'll enjoy it. I'm not cutting my nose off to spite my face. I'm just very wary.

So what I would be asking myself if I was you is " what am I going to do when my faith is restored in Bioware" ..is it possible that we will see a new and improved Monte who believes that unicorns dance on rainbows ?? :biggrin:

No.

This post has instilled in me a fear that Justin Bieber will cover the Velvet Underground Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Guys most of you have probably heard the bad news by now that it appears there will be no Romance in PoE

That's fine, we can deal with it and I'm confidant PoE will still be a thoroughly engaging and entertaining RPG. But this disappointment does make DA:I even more appealing than it already is :dancing:  

John Milton 

Guys most of you have probably heard the bad news by now that it appears there will be no Romance in PoE

You can always play out pretend romances with the characters in your head.  Heck, you can even use props like dolls or action figures.  You can make it work, I have faith in you, Bruce.

• Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's a way of life.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That's fine, we can deal with it and I'm confidant PoE will still be a thoroughly engaging and entertaining RPG. But this disappointment does make DA:I even more appealing than it already is :dancing:  

Just look at the profile pictures of Josh, Chris and George. Do they look life hopeless romantics to you? Be happy that they aren't forcing themselves to something like that :p

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Don't give up Bruce

Start an online petition or something, call a congressman. Make your voice be heard  :shifty:

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21