Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

Eh, I've known a few cos-players. Frankly it's no more silly then a lot of other things. People get frantic to get up in the soccer/hockey/football gear of their teams in fanatical manners. Tech geeks get focused on their hardware.. Some branches of fandom enjoy making costumes and dressing up in that..  It's all to the good, I never see any point in disparaging folks unless they try to shove it down my throat.

Oh, or unless they're mad golfers. That annoys me.  :shifty:

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've always wondered what a Pimp wears to go golfing.

For the court yes, but being rained upon, trudging through mud in those high heels, being splatted by great waves of blood as is usual in Dragon Age, getting stabbed and what have you would make that utterly ridiculous attire, fit only for an idiot. Hopefully the young lady will change when venturing out with the protagonist, maybe some sturdy warm leathers and wools that fit the climate rather than the court. I certainly hope they're not going to depict women as morons who can't even dress properly again, it would be rather telling.

Choose your battles Nonek, you can't seriously be getting upset around the realism factor of character costumes in a fantasy RPG :unsure:

No battle or upset that I know of Bruce, simply making the case for appropriate clothing to the environment. However if the developers choose not to do so that's their perogative, simply a black mark against the game in my view.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I have no issue with the dress.  If bitchy witch wants to get it all muddy and caught on low branches and bushes, that's her prerogative, plus if she's trying to schmooze someone up in a royal court to make another demon baby with her, it's probably fairly well suited to the task.  The helmet on <protagonist> is flat out doofy looking, though.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Now that you brought the "R" word into the mix, I wonder what SJW pandering they will attempt with that? Mind you it's not out of place since ever since the first game it's been known that Chevaliers are notorious rapists, kind of like real knights in that regard.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think the people in this forum imagine Bioware fanboys (ie. anyone who hasn't publicly disavowed them) along the same lines as KKK members saw black people in the 1950s.

Or, the person you describe, and the aspects of the game you refer to, either don't exist or aren't there in the amounts you imagine them to be.

I used to read the BSN regularly for over a year until moderation was taken over by BioWareBot# and I can say that it was much more "lol, noobson" than <Tali romance rant>. Of course, I kept mostly to the MP forum, but there were no fanboys to speak of. Notably, the MP forum has almost 2x as many threads as the story discussion forum. How many of those were actually glorious troll threads, I cannot say.  :shifty:

Mostly the same thing with the SWTOR boards (BW + SW fanboys).

A few of the regulars here would feel right at home over there, methinks (moderation notwithstanding).

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I have to wonder if there's a silent majority-sort-of customer who finds this cosplay, sexualised, fandom aspect of the Dragon Age franchise slightly obsessive and off-putting?

This sounds like a guy thing.

My mother hates games but loved the picture of the gal in Morrigan's dress. Even women I know who prefer jeans and t-shirts tend to respond positively to cosplay. And I have no idea where you're getting 'sexualized' from. The most sexual BioWare cosplay I've seen was a fully dressed Liara kissing an armored Shepard.

• Like 1

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I have no idea where you're getting 'sexualized' from. The most sexual BioWare cosplay I've seen was a fully dressed Liara kissing an armored Shepard.

Aha! I think I've identified the real problem.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Eh, I've known a few cos-players. Frankly it's no more silly then a lot of other things. People get frantic to get up in the soccer/hockey/football gear of their teams in fanatical manners. Tech geeks get focused on their hardware.. Some branches of fandom enjoy making costumes and dressing up in that..  It's all to the good, I never see any point in disparaging folks unless they try to shove it down my throat.

Oh, or unless they're mad golfers. That annoys me.  :shifty:

Cosplay isn't like some sort of fringe group. Everyone does it. 

I have to wonder if there's a silent majority-sort-of customer who finds this cosplay, sexualised, fandom aspect of the Dragon Age franchise slightly obsessive and off-putting?

I tend to think of it in two ways. Firstly, it doesn't really do any harm. If it is an obsessive behaviour rather than just having fun at least it's an obsessive behaviour that harms no one else and doesn't do any real harm to the cosplayer either. As such it isn't really my business to be offended. Certainly there may be some people that I might, on balance and against my SNAGesque instincts, prefer did not dress up in skin tight or revealing outfits but then I'd probably think much the same if they were out on the town.

Secondly, if I were to be offended by people dressing up as characters I'd probably have to be offended at the booth babe/ official models dressing up as characters as well, since the only real difference there is that they're getting paid. I do get a bit offended there on occasion, but mainly at the thought that someone out in marketing land thought "hmm, you're male, you like the ladies, therefore you'll buy our game because look: ladies!".

I'd suspect that the vast majority of people literally don't care or don't care much either way about cosplay to be honest. It just seems a rather small thing for people to be upset about in the grand scheme of things.

Monte only

I have no idea where you're getting 'sexualized' from. The most sexual BioWare cosplay I've seen was a fully dressed Liara kissing an armored Shepard.

Aha! I think I've identified the real problem.

Monte only tolerates Garrus/Shepard?

• Like 2

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

We need more sexy cosplay.

A thin excuse to post lewd pictures of women? I'm in! I'll even stay on topic.

dragon-age-cosplay-isabela-h1n-net.jpg

morrigan%20video%20games%20cosplay%20dra

lady_hawke_test___dragon_age_by_yukilefa

oppaflemeth.jpg

Monte only tolerates Garrus/Shepard?

Shepard/Jacob is canon. Especially with a male Shepard.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

oppaflemeth.jpg

That's... that's my friend, Taylor.

The Witch or the Warrior?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't even know who Garrus is but I know Shepherd is from Mass Effect. The only Bio game I've played since NWN1 has been Dragon Age: Origins.

I don't see NWN2 as a Bio game.

Maybe you should try them, if you get all your info on the games from here, you're bound to be positively surprised :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I don't even know who Garrus is but I know Shepherd is from Mass Effect. The only Bio game I've played since NWN1 has been Dragon Age: Origins.

I don't see NWN2 as a Bio game.

Maybe you should try them, if you get all your info on the games from here, you're bound to be positively surprised :p

Yeah, I'm going to agree with Nep on this one. They should be pretty cheap by now and if you enjoy neat sci-fi games with enough testosterone to make your PC grow a dong, you'll get a few hours of good fun. They are not the be all and end all of RPGs, but they weren't meant to be anyway. Opinions on combat are varied so YMMV.

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The Witch. I'll need to verify.

Is she related to "overly attached girlfriend"? Cause she bears a resemblance.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, I'm going to agree with Nep on this one. They should be pretty cheap by now and if you enjoy neat sci-fi games with enough testosterone to make your PC grow a dong, you'll get a few hours of good fun. They are not the be all and end all of RPGs, but they weren't meant to be anyway. Opinions on combat are varied so YMMV.

Hahaha this description was joyously hilarious XD