RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

I didn't really care for GTA3. I liked 1 & 2 (missed the London one). I loved the Shenmue games. I probably thought it was missing something. That something was probably Billie Jean, I Ran, Ghetto Life and Mr. T Mohawks.

Vice City and San Andreas polished up the gameplay more to my liking. I still haven't played 4 yet.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

MGS5 is set after Peace Walker.

I don't like this super high tech stuff (holo codec / pda or what is that?), because from a timeline point of view this doesn't make any sense.

Counter-point: In a Kojima plotline, out of place technology ranks pretty low on the nonsensical list.

But nanomachines!

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Dark Souls 2 Aching Bones trailer:

Now that <Microsoft "sevice" which shall not be named> is officially dead (soon, anyway), I won't have to worry about this being saddled with that abomination and I can look forward to scooping this up.

jill61-603505-albums-emoticons-pic59494-

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Meanwhile everyone become mad about AAA games  - i await this gem.

*snip, Knock Knock video*

ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!! Yessss, finally new footage. It's been a whole year since their last video

Edited by Nordicus

Dark Souls 2 Aching Bones trailer:

Now that <Microsoft "sevice" which shall not be named> is officially dead (soon, anyway), I won't have to worry about this being saddled with that abomination and I can look forward to scooping this up.

jill61-603505-albums-emoticons-pic59494-

OMG is it just me or does that trailer look absolutely amazing !!!

I need to play the first one before I attempt the sequel

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Its just you. ;)

If I'd liked Demon Souls or Dark Souls (and I'm not saying their bad games, they just weren't for me; the quality was evidenced in what I played) I might be excited for this.

But it looks like its going to give the people who liked those titles more of what they liked, so that's good. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They talked about switching from <horrific Microsoft "service" that shall not be named> to Steamworks for Dark Souls before <horrific Microsoft "service" that shall not be named> officially bites the dust.  When that happens I may scoop it up myself, as <horrific Microsoft "service" that shall not be named> is the main reason I've not gotten it yet.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Heh, you might just have to. The Souls games aren't easy, as you might have heard, so getting a little bit of practice before Dark Souls 2, a game which I think might be a step harder, might help out a bit.

Dark Souls *is* fantastic though. It's very atmospheric, has great substance-over-style type of combat, a whole load of playstyle choices, it has an open world where all levels are connected even if they look drastically different from one another, interesting lore that's not in your face but hidden in dialog and item descriptions, amazing level and monster design, a lot of secrets, etc.

eh players of the PC version are the biggest **** around. biggest cheaters and glitchers too. So you'll probably have a less than optimal experience once you get to play. :(

That'd be the case for me even if the PvPers weren't a bunch of cheaters, because my Dualshock 3 occasionally disconnects from my PC, and in Dark Souls, that can mean death even if you manage to reconnect in 3 seconds.

So I guess I'll just have to pick up the PS3 version of Dark Souls 2. Bit of a pity

Edited by Nordicus
  • Like 1

Heh, you might just have to. The Souls games aren't easy, as you might have heard, so getting a little bit of practice before Dark Souls 2, a game which I think might be a step harder, might help out a bit.

Dark Souls *is* fantastic though. It's very atmospheric, has great substance-over-style type of combat, a whole load of playstyle choices, it has an open world where all levels are connected even if they look drastically different from one another, interesting lore that's not in your face but hidden in dialog and item descriptions, amazing level and monster design, a lot of secrets, etc.

eh players of the PC version are the biggest **** around. biggest cheaters and glitchers too. So you'll probably have a less than optimal experience once you get to play. :(

That'd be the case for me even if the PvPers weren't a bunch of cheaters, because my Dualshock 3 occasionally disconnects from my PC, and in Dark Souls, that can mean death even if you manage to reconnect in 3 seconds.

So I guess I'll just have to pick up the PS3 version of Dark Souls 2. Bit of a pity

That's not a pity, that's one of the best investments I have ever made :p

But for some reason, which I am unable to explain, I liked Demon's Souls more...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Do you HAVE TO pvp?  But I'd just as soon "miss out" on that aspect of the game.

Sorta kinda

There are these checkpoint-ish spots called "bonfires" that give you 5 healing items, heal you, and respawn all the enemies whenever you rest at them. If you want to increase the amount of healing items they'll give upon resting, you need to turn into your human form. Same thing when you want some co-op help

"What does human form do?"

It makes you vulnerable to invasions, which is forced kind of PvP. The only way to end an invasion is either killing the enemy, die, or go through a boss door. So in order to make the game easier through healing items or proper help, you must also make it riskier.

You can make it so that you only spend around 0-5% of your time in human form, or play offline if you really dislike PvP. You'll however lose the JOLLY CO-OPERATION though

But for some reason, which I am unable to explain, I liked Demon's Souls more...

Yeah, I'd probably say that too if Dark Souls weren't so much better mechanically (except for online lag and framerate in select few areas, but whatever)

Edited by Nordicus

I actually consider Demon's Souls to be harder than Dark Souls because of the way the levels were structured. Although you could always spam heal with grass on Demon's Souls which I didn't like.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

i played dark souls virtually entirely in undead form, never got invaded once

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Do you HAVE TO pvp?  But I'd just as soon "miss out" on that aspect of the game.

Sorta kinda

There are these checkpoint-ish spots called "bonfires" that give you 5 healing items, heal you, and respawn all the enemies whenever you rest at them. If you want to increase the amount of healing items they'll give upon resting, you need to turn into your human form. Same thing when you want some co-op help

"What does human form do?"

It makes you vulnerable to invasions, which is forced kind of PvP. The only way to end an invasion is either killing the enemy, die, or go through a boss door. So in order to make the game easier through healing items or proper help, you must also make it riskier.

You can make it so that you only spend around 0-5% of your time in human form, or play offline if you really dislike PvP. You'll however lose the JOLLY CO-OPERATION though

As long as it's not one of those deals where pvp can happen any time and you have high level d-bags camping people in low level areas and just killing them over and over again, I'm fine with that.  Also, if someone goes into "human form" do you have to invade and fight someone?  Can you instead come up to them, give them a hug, and say "let's be friends"?

mk3subzerofriend.gif

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

As long as it's not one of those deals where pvp can happen any time and you have high level d-bags camping people in low level areas and just killing them over and over again, I'm fine with that.  Also, if someone goes into "human form" do you have to invade and fight someone?  Can you instead come up to them, give them a hug, and say "let's be friends"?

mk3subzerofriend.gif

if you play in online mode and are in human form.... they will hunt you down

no hugs

only death.

(thats why i don't play in human form, the game is hard enough on its own, i dont need to be slaughtered by cheaters and trolls too)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It can't happen at any time, only when you're in human form, in an area where you haven't beaten the boss yet.

However, there are people camping in low level areas, usually called "d***wraiths" (a pun on the Darkwraith covenant). Because they know the game inside-out, they'll go to areas where they're certain to find good loot, enhance it as far as they can, then keep invading in low level areas, exploiting the matchmaking system which makes you invade similar, or higher level players, ignoring any differences in quality of gear. Gear matters FAR more in this game than levels, though leveling helps too.

So you've got a level 1 invader with the best items they can find in early game, against some level 20 new player. The level 20 player finds themselves dealing 3% dmg per hit, after which they get one-shotted.

On occasion, you find invaders who just want a legit match (they usually bow before attacking) or just wanna have a few harmless, confusing laughs

...and its this kind of thing that makes me only ever want to play solo games or at best only with people I know.

Which makes me kinda sad that Deep Down was being touted as an MP game...looks good but I won't play it without a single player component.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man