What you did today

Rosbjerg

I've heard the sudden increase in length and harshness of winters in Europe is directly caused by the melting poles. Water from the melting ice ''desalts'' the water of the ocean, sweet water evaporates better than salt water and forms tons of clouds and the wind carries that endless supply of moist air directly to Europe like a giant conveyor.

Best thing is its supposed to get worse.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Took an exam, going to get some cardio.

@Ros, I'm of the opinion that people every where tend to get more physical during the winter. Although I'm down anytime of the year.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Bought Slacker backer thing and registered here, so hi all.

Yo welcome :)

Good to have you aboard, Off-Topic is where all the real  action happens on these forums and we have several active Finnish member so you shouldn't feel lonely

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Good to have you aboard, Off-Topic is where all the real  action happens on these forums and we have several active Finnish member so you shouldn't feel lonely

Except of course, you are Finnish, so you should feel as lonely as an icicle.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You have raised a good point about the weather, I hope our Scandinavian members will comment on the weather effect on there happiness

People that know me and have observed my behavior usually ask wether I'm really a human or an alien being, but I don't have any problems with winter or darkness and neither have I ever heard my friends complain about it.

Then again, they consume lots and lots of alcohol. And sex. Usually those two go hand in hand. :p

Also as Ros says up there; Most people that have grown up here are used to it. When you've known nothing but dark winters it's business as usual. :)

It's makes for a quack mecca though. Or how about light earbuds? XD

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Except of course, you are Finnish, so you should feel as lonely as an icicle.

That was quite funny :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You have raised a good point about the weather, I hope our Scandinavian members will comment on the weather effect on there happiness

People that know me and have observed my behavior usually ask wether I'm really a human or an alien being, but I don't have any problems with winter or darkness and neither have I ever heard my friends complain about it.

Then again, they consume lots and lots of alcohol. And sex. Usually those two go hand in hand. :p

Also as Ros says up there; Most people that have grown up here are used to it. When you've known nothing but dark winters it's business as usual. :)

It's makes for a quack mecca though. Or how about light earbuds? XD

I also don't mind miserable weather as I think it makes the indoor activities, like PC gaming, more cosy and obvious :)

Of  course I do live in a city that has  sunshine 95 % of the year so I probably don't  know much about bad weather for long periods

John Milton 

Speaking of not getting outside, we added a bunch of stuff to the DVD library .....

Homeland - season 2,

Parade's End,

Once Upon a Time - season 2,

Person of Interest - season 2, 

Breaking Bad - seasons 1 thru 5.1,

Spartacus: War of Vengeance

Strike Back - season 2

Walking Dead - season 3

Supernatural - season 8

:)

• Like 1

I also don't mind miserable weather as I think it makes the indoor activities, like PC gaming, more cosy and obvious :)

Of  course I do live in a city that has  sunshine 95 % of the year so I probably don't  know much about bad weather for long periods

Hehehe! It is awesome sitting and playing some awesome game when the wind is howling outside and the raindrops smattering on your windowsill...

If I were to live down there I'd probably get some form of anxiety disorder, or just go proper nuts. ;)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My brain is greasy fried from too many late nights. Serve it on a plate for dinner. Which means it's totally time to drive downtown to shop and lunch with some buddies right now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Didn't get my promotion... it went to the guy who wears teeshirts because he can get away with it.

I think that was only because if he didn't get the promotion he's said he'd have to start looking for something else because he needs more money, while I said I'd wait a while to see if anything else came down the line.

Now it's 3 pm and I'm mildly drunk, aiming for "heavily intoxicated" to "What is the color of that wall?"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Gel pen leaked out in my shirt pocket so the shirt MAY be ruined. Will hit the shirt with bleach or something when I get home tonight. Did manage to get a trip home to change though (20 min cab ride and 20 min to get back), part of me feels that's wasteful, but wasn't a fan of 6 hours with a stained shirt and undershirt on. :lol:

Truly a dull day

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why did you tell your boss before you had something else solidly lined up? That's marking yourself for termination as a potential weak link.

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Bought season 2, 3, and 4 of Breaking Bad (had the 1st ssn already). It's on Netflix, but one day it won't be. Also, Star Trek Into Darkness is out, so I snapped that up. Because of Benedict, of course. *dreamy sigh*

Now to finish watching Season 7 of Dexter. At the very very end of Season 6, hubby's reaction was a big fat grin combined with an "OOOPS!" I hear Season 8 will be the last of Dexter show? I wonder how they'll end it.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

*Is up late drinking, looks at clock, realizes date, drinks more*

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why did you tell your boss before you had something else solidly lined up? That's marking yourself for termination as a potential weak link.

I was (am) upset. I didn't tell her "I'm quitting". But I told her why I thought about it. I'm a person who doesn't like to fool around at work and I say what's on my mind. She was unhappy knowing why I wanted to quit, but not unhappy with me.

There was a guy who worked here that was unhappy for two whole years before he found a new job, I am not like that. These last 3-4 days, I haven't felt like I want to go to work. Never happened at this workplace before. Maybe quitting is very extreme, but something will be done. Maybe I'll take a week off. We'll see in an hour or so.

• Like 1

Made it through the night with some weird ass dreams. Lots of important "trying to help with a friends wedding" but never actually knowing just which friend it was, throw in a house I knew, but had a totally different internal layout, and about a dozen and one girls from my past all there. Scurrying around juggling a bunch of groomsman duties to help out and all sorts of oddities kept happening.   Then I woke up with a grinding headache.

So now, on to a cup of tea and the cat being in some loud and noisy caterwauling mood for some damn reason.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Thinking of quitting my job. Told my boss about my feelings and she wasn't happy about it. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

If it's a new thing, what triggered it? Shouldn't you be trying to fix that, rather than just running like a Frenchman?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thinking of quitting my job. Told my boss about my feelings and she wasn't happy about it. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

If it's a new thing, what triggered it? Shouldn't you be trying to fix that, rather than just running like a Frenchman?

It's been something that I can't do much about. Educated people want us to work in a certain way, I have no education and therefore my word equals crap. Told her how I felt today. From now on, I'll be working in my way. The thing is it won't be possible to do so in the long run because our work overlaps. This is serious business, working with kids to means that the grown ups need to show unity.

I was (am) upset. I didn't tell her "I'm quitting". But I told her why I thought about it. I'm a person who doesn't like to fool around at work and I say what's on my mind. She was unhappy knowing why I wanted to quit, but not unhappy with me.

There was a guy who worked here that was unhappy for two whole years before he found a new job, I am not like that. These last 3-4 days, I haven't felt like I want to go to work. Never happened at this workplace before. Maybe quitting is very extreme, but something will be done. Maybe I'll take a week off. We'll see in an hour or so.

Is this all because you're not getting along with that other teacher? Stiffen that upper lip.