What you did today

Rosbjerg

"If you are young and not a liberal you have no heart. If you are old and not a conservative you have no brain."

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Some gits tried to run over my mum. She was crossing the street and when she was halfway across the driver of the waiting car stepped on the gas. She barely managed to jump out of the way.

I wish someone had seen the license plate.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Some gits tried to run over my mum. She was crossing the street and when she was halfway across the driver of the waiting car stepped on the gas. She barely managed to jump out of the way.

I wish someone had seen the license plate.

Glad to hear she's OK.

Have you checked for CCTV nearby? Some householders and shops have cameras when you wouldn't automatically expect them to.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Will have to ask her for the exact spot. But most stores and houses there don't have cameras from what I know.

Did you question the people on whose house the car was parked?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Going to take my first exam of the semester tomorrow, preparing by consuming whiskey and watching Dredd.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

"If you are young and not a liberal you have no heart. If you are old and not a conservative you have no brain."

I was relatively heartless--big surprise! :p

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Did you question the people on whose house the car was parked?

Apparently the car wasn't parked but waiting at a red traffic light...

So the driver stopped at a red light, waited for the pedestrian to start crossing the road, and once she was in front of him step on the gas.

My mother says she heard his tires screeching as he hit the breaks afterwards. So her assessment is that the guy wanted to scare her but was too dumb to realize that if he races forward, the car wont stop on the spot.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

What already? We've only been going for a week.

This is the beginning of week 3 for us.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I'm spending my youth drinking, partying, chasing girls, and chasing my dreams. I've come to the conclusion that spending your time doing things you will immensely enjoy is what you should do in your 20s.

I'm in my 30's now and I still do this and I have no plans to ever live my life differently. Sure the details may change slightly but I still follow my dreams, chase after my wife, and drink way too much

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

Woke up thinking it was Wednesday, sadly realized it was only Tuesday.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://za.news.yahoo.com/happiest-country-world-110907901.html

Apparently the happiest country in the world is........Iraq !!!!

Just joking its .....Denmark, and you'll notice the other Scandinavian countries are in the top 5 :)

Well done Denmark for being a happy place for people to live :dancing:

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This is the beginning of week 3 for us.

Do you have multiple exams through the semester in each course? We just get one big one at the end..

Usually we have tests/labs, a midterm and final. For engineers the breakdown was usually 20%,20%,60%. I did like some people ended up writing a final out of 36 marks that was 100% of their grade.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just joking its .....Denmark, and you'll notice the other Scandinavian countries are in the top 5  :)

Hard to believe. Last year we had a really dark long winter, endless snow and completely overcast weather for 5 months straight. I think I counted 3 days that had a couple of hours of direct sunlight and temperatures often dropped well below minus 20 celsius.

Man, that made me feel even more miserable than usual, now in Scandinavian countries such winters are pretty much the norm, I cannot imagine anyone being even remotely happy under such dreary climatic circumstances.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Just joking its .....Denmark, and you'll notice the other Scandinavian countries are in the top 5  :)

Hard to believe. Last year we had a really dark long winter, endless snow and completely overcast weather for 5 months straight. I think I counted 3 days that had a couple of hours of direct sunlight and temperatures often dripped below minus 20 celsius.

Man, that made me feel even more miserable than usual, now in Scandinavian countries such winters are pretty much the norm, I cannot imagine anyone being even remotely happy under such dreary climatic circumstances.

You have raised a good point about the weather, I hope our Scandinavian members will comment on the weather effect on there happiness

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

All I know is that its a fact that lack of direct sunlight over a prolonged period of time eventually screws up your brain chemistry and this inevitably leads to episodes of depression. Not to mention bad skin conditions which are directly linked to lack of sunlight.

I experienced both things last winter, and I'm pretty good at dealing with very cold weather, compared to most other people I know.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Well there's winter depressions sure and Scandinavia has one of the highest suicide rates in Europe because of winter (where almost 90% of them occur) - although there is a possible catholic sampling bias to take into account there.

But winter depression and medication is taken into account in these surveys.

Winter is spend with friends and family, it gets dark yeah, but we take a lot of D vitamins and try to get as much sun as we can - obviously your average doc here is an expert on the subject :). But I do think that the northern European psychology has adapted over time.

Edit: to elaborate - people tend to get more physical in winter time, which will add to the overall happiness.. if you know what I mean..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I know our long dark year last year nearly flung me into a pit.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.