What you did today

Rosbjerg

Tonight I'm vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom.

We should get together sometime and play a few rounds of the new hit, "Interactive Housekeeping," with deep player choices like "Dust then vacuum, or vacuum then dust?"

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got a severe eye infection, my eyeball turned from white to crimson red in just half an hour. I wish those bacterium bastards were big enough to punch them in their goddamn faces. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Well I've spent the week being irritable, stressed, cranky, and generally not-so-happy. Trying to do the whole unwind thing today. Then see just how positive a start manana can be...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well I've spent the week being irritable, stressed, cranky, and generally not-so-happy. Trying to do the whole unwind thing today. Then see just how positive a start manana can be...

Two words: long walk.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tonight I'm vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom.

We should get together sometime and play a few rounds of the new hit, "Interactive Housekeeping," with deep player choices like "Dust then vacuum, or vacuum then dust?"

And the consequences of that, such as the dust stirred up by dusting falling on the freshly vacuumed carpet!

Usual day of incessant screaming and arguing. Trying to stress to my family that line from Rising Sun about how you fix the ****up and no one gets blamed and that being better than fighting over the blame, but oh well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For God's sake. Even I know you dust, polish, then vacuum. The polish stops the dust settling.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

But polish makes everything slide off the table to the floor. :( ... either that or the house is tilted.

Day's warming up quite a bit already. Hubs in the living room playing BL2 with the doors open, Mr. Black lying sprawled on the area rug with his belly exposed and paws in the air, and I'm in here with the AC, watching my main HDD defrag. Now I'm going to go outside and try to coax Mr. Grey into eating more Gerber's chicken baby food. He's getting close to the put-down point...but I'm still hoping. ;(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, as I go around my library at home, I can't polish the books. I just have to keep dusting them....

Edit: Also, listening to Two Steps From Hell albums on a loop. This might do strange things to my mental zone...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For God's sake. Even I know you dust, polish, then vacuum. The polish stops the dust settling.

Nothing stops the dust settling here, we have super dust. Or just the minerals sprayed out by the humidifier.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dust is one of the many ways Nature has of laughing at our futile attempts to control the world around us.

• Like 4

Feels like a good night for a fire so I split wood today for it. GF will be here in an hour, I've made a nice dinner, soft music, moonlight coming in through the loft window, and a fire in the fireplace to close the deal. Ok, it was a safe bet anyway but I believe in doing it right!

Think about it, soon you won't be saying " my GF"  but my "fiancée"

:)

:lol:  She dropped her first hint this weekend. It was all I could do not to laugh. I know her and she has been calculating how long to wait before making that comment. She will wait a week or two and follow up with another comment. Then if I don't respond in some way she expects there will be a conversation about it. All I have to do is hold her off until October.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Feels like a good night for a fire so I split wood today for it. GF will be here in an hour, I've made a nice dinner, soft music, moonlight coming in through the loft window, and a fire in the fireplace to close the deal. Ok, it was a safe bet anyway but I believe in doing it right!

That sounds real nice.  My preparation just involves closing enough doors in the house so that if the kids catch on to the fact their parents are missing, we will hear them coming.  It's a chess match. 

I can hear the "Mission Impossible" music in the background during this! :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That sounds real nice.  My preparation just involves closing enough doors in the house so that if the kids catch on to the fact their parents are missing, we will hear them coming.  It's a chess match. 

I can hear the "Mission Impossible" music in the background during this! :lol:

Yep, with a bow chicka wow wow worked into the middle  :brows:

I'm hungover today and am mentally preparing myself for the start of the semester tomorrow by watching Archer and playing videogames.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Just finished packing my survival backpack, I managed not to break the 20kg comfort-limit and it contains everything from a tent to ammo to emergency food that would keep me alive for approx. 20 days.

I'm never going to need it, but its still fun to create a working concept of a general survival backpack using my experiences gathered from various trips into the wilds. And it always amazes me how much gear you'd need and how much you'd be screwed without it once you leave your comfortable house and civilization. Its a trip to another world.

• Like 4

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Cleaning while playing an mp3 from this video on my sister's radio , motivational!

• Like 1

Cleaning while playing an mp3 from this video on my sister's radio , motivational!

There has to be some way to get this into a baby's mobile thing, from Fisher Price.

-Elwood Blues

Finally finished my first piece of Game of Thrones "fan art"

I thought you were referring to Martin's ability to kill any character and thus upset Wile E. Coyote...

-Elwood Blues

Apparently Neverwinter Online did not like my defrag, as it would get stuck on loading, give a "gameclient.exe has stopped working" error and shut down. So....uninstall and reinstall. Half way patched ... hopefully it'll work, or I'm gonna be mad.

In other news ... Mr. Black has decided he likes buttery Ritz crackers, even tho they get stuck to his wet nose. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of cracker-covered-nose-cat.

For a "part time" employee, I put in a lot of hours.

As in, my last two weeks had almost exactly 72 bloody hours logged between them. I wish today was on my last weeks paycheck, yay for about 5 hours of pure overtime!

Also, I have the 10:30 run tonight (get home about midnight) and class begins at 9 am tomorrow.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Also, I have the 10:30 run tonight (get home about midnight) and class begins at 9 am tomorrow.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, though my classes start at 6:30 PM tomorrow.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Awesome! Game still doesn't work after reinstall. Also, Borderlands 2 is doing the exact same thing (the "game.exe stopped working" msg soon as you try to launch the game). Checked other games, seems to be limited to just those two. Completely different games.

I'm going to guess somehow the defrag (or maybe my uninstalling some games) borked some file both games use but I'm tired of trying to figure out what. :banghead:

Edit: now I realize my nvidia control panel won't come up either. I'll install new drivers ....

2nd Edit: Yay, that was it...borked up video drivers. All good again. I can go to bed happy.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1